Kingdom Come - Part 2 in Development

All I can say it's about damn time they announced the sequel.

As they trolled us for years.
What makes you say they have trolled us for years?

I have not followed social media, so might have misunderstood this comment. We know that it takes about 7 years on average to develop this type of game. It's been 6 years since the release of the first one, so relying on statistics, there should still be 1-2 years until the next one is released (could be sooner as these are only approximated averages). If they had announced the game CP2077 style when they started the development, people would complain they did it too early. Not easy to please, eh?

Constant joke tweets and various articles. There in my news-thread.

Constant joke tweets and various articles. There in my news-thread.

As said, I don't follow social media, so I have no clue what is common on Twitter, but basing on the Warhorse profile, I see little trolling. There was one April fool's joke and some memes, but a lot less than I would see on the haphazard social media accounts I happen to see elsewhere. Can hardly call those "constant joke tweets"...

PS. Not trying to defend Warhorse here, just trying to understand where these claims arise from.

Trolling is a strong word. They've been teasing people who asked about the progress, but I'm not aware of any trolling.
Yeah probably but then again I don't take most of my posts as being serious lately. So it's always funny when others do. Lets just say they joked around for years it fits better.

Like largh said doesn't use soicial media and that's were the joking posts happened.

Well, just buckle yourself because soon we will be reading about "pro-GamerGate" developers once again :p Not to mention the lack of diversity and sexual inequality...
It's always a delicate balance in historical content. For example, the ban of the swastika in historical games always makes people angry; here, it's the opposite... hard to satisfy everyone.

I understand their choice for the main character, but I honestly think they could have put women forward in the story since there's a part of fantasy and not all the roles are about fighting and power. The dialogues with Theresa were quite appalling in that regard, too, only giving Henry options to give her robes and ask her to stitch his things. 🙄 And for the racial part, yeah, not much they could have done.

So they deserved some of the backslash, but I'm sure that if they made the game more balanced, they would have received the usual moronic posts about wokeness from people on the other side.

Vavra seems a little paranoid, too. It looks like it's just background noise.

Oh my, rant time!

As usual, social media is what it is. Whoever gets offended and demands diversity or sexual equality in games is dumb beyond the point of saving, just as anyone who thinks that those things should be achieved or debated when it comes to any form of art, including videogames. Especially when it is something that is trying to keep some degree of historical verosimilitude, but it doesn't even matter.

And it's as dumb and stupid as people who see a woman in armor in a medieval game and go nuts vomiting their shit about woke culture, agendas and forced diversity. Both extremes are so excruciatingly painfully dumb that it makes my heart skip a beat out of the sheer cringe feeling I get every time I read something like that.

It's a damn videogame, a form of art and entertainment that is an expression of whatever inspires the creator. Get a hint here: It doesn't have to be historically accurate, even if it happens in a relatable setting. It can be anything - If more songwriters are inspired by gay marriage, they will make songs about it, and if more game writers are inspired by their wet dreams about being the macho alpha and collecting a harem of horny young bimbos, then they will make games like that. If I don't like that type of product, that's fine! I just don't consume it! People need to stop embarrassing themselves and pretend it's their prerogative to decide or demand the content that other people are allowed to create and promote in their creations.

It's perfectly fine to prefer if there were more products of one or another kind. We know all about it here, we like a kind of niche game (thanks BG3 for trying to cahnge that!) and most here would wish there were more high-budget cRPGs. That's hardly a reason to lose one's mind over illuminati masonery red pill bullshit just because other people rather do what inspires them or what they think is more profitable instead. Anyone is free to make their own game, and implement exactly the features they prefer instead of behaving like a toddler on social media.

Uff, there. Rant done!

PS: It's not my preference that KCD had a male protagonist only. Still played it and enjoyed it a lot. Still will most likely play KCD 2 even if it can only have a male protagonist. Anyone who doesn't play a good game of a type they usually enjoy, just because it doesn't meet one of their dumb preferences, I can only advise them to set their priorities straight, people have only so much time in their lives dedicated to enjoyment, and that's what they're giving away while thinking they're making a point nobody gives a fuck about.

Now the rant is done. :p

Last edited:
That's some great news.

I just hope we won't have to mod the game, this time, to have a "normal" save feature.

Back
Top Bottom