Kingmaker - Enhanced Edition & Beneath the Stolen Lands June 6th

They should have made it UgoIgo from the start.

The number of fights to crush is a poor reason to opt for RTwP.

This product's combat plays as UgoIgo combat plays. Movement is absent, timing doesnt matter. There is nothing to explain the option of RTwP: everything that is made during a fight could happen in a UgoIgo structure.

Combat is overly static, piling up skills, competences etc The UgoIgo structure.

Did you play it? I like TB combat, but this game feels great already as it is, really.

Did you play it? I like TB combat, but this game feels great already as it is, really.

Every minute wasted on a vid product is a minute that is not wasted on a game.

Feeling great or not, RTwP in this product brings nothing that can not be brought by UgoIgo.

Going down the RTwP road is not meant to travel the same road as UGoIgo.

In this product, it is nothing more than UgoIgo in disguise.

Every minute wasted on a vid product is a minute that is not wasted on a game.

Feeling great or not, RTwP in this product brings nothing that can not be brought by UgoIgo.

Going down the RTwP road is not meant to travel the same road as UGoIgo.

In this product, it is nothing more than UgoIgo in disguise.

Forget about that weird UgoIgo agenda and for once try to play the game yourself. Its good, and who knows, you might even start to like playing instead watching those streams.

Well now with BG3 soon to be announced, this game will lose some of the hype :D

Well now with BG3 soon to be announced, this game will lose some of the hype :D

Why? I think there can be more then one game on the market...

BG3 by who? I for one don't want BG3 and therefore won't be hyped. And Kingmaker isn't hype.

BG3 by who? I for one don't want BG3 and therefore won't be hyped. And Kingmaker isn't hype.
Larian apparently. It's happening regardless of how we might feel about it so might as well hope for the best. I think they could come up with a very good game but my concern is how well rounded it will be. ie itemization, story, the form weapon modification takes, graphic style, is it rtwp? Just a few things...

Until then I will be somnolescent with anticipation. ;)

Baldurs Gate 3 by Larian. Eh, no hype here either. On the other hand, with Larian there is at least chance it will be isometric, party-based. Who knows what we could get from many other studios out there. Also that number 3 might still be something else.

Baldurs Gate 3 by Larian. Eh, no hype here either. On the other hand, with Larian there is at least chance it will be isometric, party-based. Who knows what we could get from many other studios out there. Also that number 3 might still be something else.
Thank god we're not getting Baldur's Gate 3 from BioWare. Imagine what that would be like.

Forget about that weird UgoIgo agenda and for once try to play the game yourself. Its good, and who knows, you might even start to like playing instead watching those streams.

Time is wasted on playing games.
Time is allocated to watching streamers to ensure time is wasted on games and not vid products.

As to this vid product, combat is UgoIgo parading as RTwP and as such it is neither good UgoIgo and far from being good RTwP and the rest provides an impersonal experience that can be found in any playthrough broadcast anywhere.

For people in the world outside the US and its USD printing scheme, waste of time results from an excess and as such, does not happen like snapping fingers.

Wasting time on games, sure, wasting it on vid products, any minute wasted on a vid product is a minute that can not be wasted on a game.

@BoboTheMighty;

Yep, you must have mistaken another game with Kingmaker since my experience mirrors Gabriel's :)

Aye sounds like he is playing some alternative world version of the game as my experience also matches Gabriels and Purple's and many others.

Also that number 3 might still be something else.

They put in Baldurs Gate 3 in the code to mess with people (and to also piss off many thousands of people?). Very unlikely unless they're thinking of just retiring.

Time is wasted on playing games.
Time is allocated to watching streamers to ensure time is wasted on games and not vid products.

As to this vid product, combat is UgoIgo parading as RTwP and as such it is neither good UgoIgo and far from being good RTwP and the rest provides an impersonal experience that can be found in any playthrough broadcast anywhere.

For people in the world outside the US and its USD printing scheme, waste of time results from an excess and as such, does not happen like snapping fingers.

Wasting time on games, sure, wasting it on vid products, any minute wasted on a vid product is a minute that can not be wasted on a game.

I probably dont get right your definition of UgoIgo, TB, RtWP and also vid product. My simple understanding for example suggests that UgoIgo is form of turn based system. And RtWP in cRPG is usually system, where each player acts simultaneously, while game counts turns in the background for purpose of setting how long different actions take. Each system has some strenghts and some weaknesses. Why implementing one of those systems leads to game and one to vid product (whatever that is)? If you decide to answer, pls try using plain english, so its easier for me to understand.

Time wasted playing games or vid products is time not wasted replying to posts from ChienAboyeur, and that's nothing but a great thing.

calamari-to-go.gif

The image has changed again to show tentacles.

Back
Top Bottom