Kingmaker - Enhanced Edition & Beneath the Stolen Lands June 6th

Hahah you had that same problem too? I was what the hell is going on….even hard locked on me.

My portraits were deleted by the game before the hotfix was released (tsk tsk, Owlcats!) but lucky I always have back up for things like this :)

I've played for 5+ hours of DLC3, it's a real good fun :D If anyone is interested in dungeon crawling and testing out your crazy builds, this is the perfect DLC for you!

I've played for 5+ hours of DLC3, it's a real good fun :D If anyone is interested in dungeon crawling and testing out your crazy builds, this is the perfect DLC for you!

Thanks for the info because that's exactly what I'm interested in.

I'm downloading as I'm typing this :)

I think everyone is too hyped with BG3 announcement to care for Kingmaker EE :roll:

Nah, maybe people are waiting for content and patches to finish before playing.

At least i know i am.

No, people are waiting for "remove timers" mod that works with the new version.

No, people are waiting for "remove timers" mod that works with the new version.

I don't know about others, but I know you are! :p

DLC3 doesn't have timer so you can go play it, joxer :p

After considerate deliberation and with the announcement Larian is making Baldur's Gate 3, I agree with purpleblob that this game is the spiritual successor to the legacy.

As Larian's version already sounds to different.:(

Different to what? to a game done 20 years ago? Fucking hope so.
Pathfinder is hugely different of BG2 in so many ways, the only common point is to come from a well written and coherent tabletop material.

Then there is no reason to really call it BG3.

Its not continuation of Bhaalspawn Saga. Its not 2nd ed. Its not Infinity Engine game. Its not being developed by same developer.

I don't even know why you are so butthurt about this comment. To me (and some others), Pathfinder: Kingmaker is the true spiritual successor to BG2. Its not for you, we get it. Chill out, you are getting your precious Larian BG"3".

Don't bother purpleblob the hyped masses wont understand.

Telling you right now it better be RTwP and have an overland Map. Now BG III may definitely turn out to be good game, but as of now it does not sound like a true sequel.

I'm not looking through rose tinted googles either as I see this all the time in the industry. Where sequels change or remove things that are not always for the best.

Look at BioWare for an examople.

I do not know if they would so something good. But, I do not know if they would do something bad.

Contrary to most of you I played tableptop Kingmaker and I was not thrilled by an unknown Russian company with absolutely no credential doing a CRPG with that. Looks like I was totally wrong and totally happy to be wrong.

Stop confusing me with a crowd I am not that big. The righteous tone suits you well, hope than WotC gives a shit about it

Back to topic.

I'm currently in level 16 of the dungeon with level 10 party. I've seen some great combat encounters, starting to really fear plague mobs - bubonic plague and stinking cloud really owning my party lol.

My party is:
Crusader cleric, paladin, inquisitor, ranger/vivisectionist/mage/eldritch knight, rogue/mage/arcane trickster and empyreal sorceress :D

I'm not too into min/maxing and trying out something different with my EK (probably not the most efficient build but I don't care, its still fun!)

Then there is no reason to really call it BG3.

Its not continuation of Bhaalspawn Saga. Its not 2nd ed. Its not Infinity Engine game. Its not being developed by same developer.
100% exact same situation that happened with Fallout 3 back in the day. Not a continuation of any storyline from Fallout 1 & 2, different setting on the opposite coast, didn't use the engine, completely different camera style, completely different combat system, and a completely different developer who doesn't make games with the same type of atmosphere.

A lot of people are still butthurt about that to this day, I'd count myself among them. I'm not (currently) butthurt about BG3 since I expect this to go much, much better than the FO3 affair. But I can see where people who are would be coming from.

A lot of people are still butthurt about that to this day, I'd count myself among them. I'm not (currently) butthurt about BG3 but I can see where people who are would be coming from.

Just to let you know, I have exclusive rights to the term "butthurt" around here. I'll let it go this time, but I expect to be compensated if you use that word in the future.

You make some valid points about Fallout 3, but it's most certainly not 100% the same thing. A lot more time has passed in this situation which I believe is a significant factor.
FO3 is 11 years old at this point. It was released exactly 10 years after FO2. By the time BG 3 is released, it'll be more than two decades since the original trilogy.

The other major difference is that Fallout has never followed a story arc. Every game in that series has always had a self-contained story, so it's a moot point that FO3 wasn't a continuation of any other game.

Is the P:K EE really free for owners of P:E ? I just can't find the EE in my Steam library nor can I find a Steam link where I could order P:K EE for free....

Is the P:K EE really free for owners of P:E ? I just can't find the EE in my Steam library nor can I find a Steam link where I could order P:K EE for free….

There is no separate "enhanced edition" for Kingmaker - it was just a giant patch but seeing how much the game has improved since the release, you might as well call it an EE ;)

I don't actually care that they are calling it BG3. Names are smoke and mirrors.

However it would have been more fitting to call it “Baldur's Gate: Ceremorphosis“ or something with a less complicated subtitle.

To some people perhaps Kingmaker is the spiritual sequel to BG but to most people that would Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2 ;)

Back
Top Bottom