Last game(s) you bought

Coincidentally, JDR13, I am playing TLoUs Remastered right now. And I'm having a great time (hmmm maybe this post should go into the "Currently playing" thread :))

I have The Last Of Us on disc for the PS3 which I bought on eBay. I should give it a whirl soon since I heard it's one of the very best games for that system, some think the best game. period.

Just got a copy of The Last of Us Remastered off Ebay. I played the original version of the game several years ago on PS3, but this is one of those rare titles that I look forward to replaying.

It's great. The expansion is very very good too..

It is great? Okay then please, notify me if it goes on steam sale at Black friday. Would be interesting to try the new reshade 4.1 with it.

As if all good games had to be released to PC… Like I said to you in another thread, there is life in console as well, you may or may not believe that. OK, it's your right. Be our guest.

I used to be an anti-console cunt once too. Then I thought, "Hey, some of my all-time favorite gaming experiences were on consoles, particularly from the 16-bit era, but also as recently as when I got my used PS3 on eBay for $40 with Infamous!" Then I stopped being an anti-console cunt ;)

It seems pretty dumb to be so shallow and childish that the brand means more than what is actually being offered.
I get it when kids are like that, it's a part of growing up i think, having to identify with a certain group, e.g being in "the synthpop group" or the "hardrock group" or Amiga group or the Atari group (..when i was young) and then having the urge to call out when someone doesn't identify with your specific group. Haha, pretty shallow to say the least. I see some of the behavior here when someone mentions e.g iphone or ipad and sometimes consoles. But i don't know the age of everyone here so i'm not gonna judge too harshly..

I've always had the Nintendo consoles since their games has been exclusive (not too interesting now since there are emulators that emulate their games really well).. But later on i bought the PS3 (probably because of RDR) and also the PS4, i have no interest at all in xbox since it doesnt have any interesting exclusives.

I grabbed the Neverwinter Nights enhanced yesterday, I spent some time testing it last year in Edmonton, but hadn't purchased it yet. Not sure when I'll get around to playing it, but at least now I own the newest version.

I've never played The Last of Us, but friends and family mention it all the time. Maybe I should finally give it a go. What am I to expect? Is it a survival game? Is it story driven?

Haven't played it, but from what I gathered it is 90% story driven. Or should I say character driven with a lot of emotional moments. Action takes a backseat but ammo is scarse which leads to a more tense survival kind of action. I believe exploration is also a key element.

Guess I'm an ant-console nut like Joxer then.:biggrin:

Though in reality I just don't need consoles to play games like I did thirty years ago as a kid. Nowadays my PC fits the job and I play less games then I used to.

Still on the tech side those consoles are nothing but boxed PC's anyways. They just have exclusive games bought and paid for to use with certain branded PC boxes.

So back on topic last game I bought was was Sanctus Mortem for $8.

Haven't played it, but from what I gathered it is 90% story driven. Or should I say character driven with a lot of emotional moments. Action takes a backseat but ammo is scarse which leads to a more tense survival kind of action. I believe exploration is also a key element.

That's a pretty good description. TLoU is definitely a game about people and survival. It might have the best depiction of a post-apocalyptic world I've ever seen, and the writing is top-notch. It was easily GotY among console titles and one of the best games I played that year on any platform.

UormuxN.jpg

...no plan to play any of them anytime soon, but good enough prices! The backlog grows.

Yea, some good deals going on during the steam sale...though Pathfinder is still not cheap enough for me. (I'm spoiled by steam sales at this point, plus, am just a cheap SOB ^^) I'll be looking for 50% off which will probably happen next year, I'm thinking or rather, hoping...

I bought two well known and well reviewed shooters from back in the day, which like many games, I missed the first time around. They both are on sale for like $3 each. Rainbow 6 Vegas and Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 - both are supposed to be good to excellent first person shooters. I also happen to think the Vegas setting is very cool and "different" for these types of games.

Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition

Funny thing is, I don't even have a PS4. However, I decided this week that I'm getting a PS4 Pro sometime between now and Christmas. Hopefully I'll get a discount on Black Friday. I happened to walk into a Gamestop today and they were already running a Black Friday sale for some of the games. HZD was only $10 so I grabbed it.

Wow, what a bargain !

I bought mine months ago, but I didn't play much with it, because other PC games went into the foreground, so to say ...

Ok, so I couldn't resist more sales from the steam Autumn sale. (it ends today)

I ended up buying the original first game in the series, Call Of Juarez (for a dirt cheap $2.50!) and the well known and celebrated game,
Call of Duty: World at War (for $10 which was 50% off)

Apparently the game is very popular with modders and they have made a lot of cool zombie themed mods for this game. In addition, it's supposed to be a classic single player shooter type game, with a good single player campaign, the way they used to make the Call of Duty games. Until they basically started focusing entirely on multi-player (gag).

I almost forgot about the steam sale. Got the following just in time:
- firewatch
- rise of the tomb raider
- pyre

Like a third of what I was planning but I figured there is a winter sale in a month ... and I still got dishonored 2 (cant get into it for some reason) and darksiders 1 (last boss) to finish

Fired up firewatch to check it out. At first was disappointed by the graphics, but once in the forest it looks nice and I'm into it. Played way too much with time I did not have. Think I'm already halfway through :)

Anyone knows this one?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/471010/Seven_The_Days_Long_Gone/
Seems to check all the good things, and it is from ex-Witcher folks.

I picked up Dark Quest two and Dead Age, which looks like some sort of Final Fantasy style game yesterday. I've no idea when I'll actually get around to playing them, but when the mood strikes at least I have them.

Back
Top Bottom