Latest place you've visited ?

My wife and I recently got back from a trip to Austin, TX. We were there for just under a week for a philosophy conference. Austin is a bit of a COVID hot-spot, so the conference had vaccination/testing requirements, although masks were not required. There was an excellent steakhouse a couple of blocks away from the hotel; we ate there three times. I think there's a law about visiting Texas and not eating steak.

You should try a restaurant called the Roadhouse or Texas Roadhouse. Best damn Texas themed food you could ever eat. Just go for the lunch specials they are cheaper.:drool:

Eat there a few hours ago in New London, CT.

Attachments

• texas-roadhouse.jpg
    texas-roadhouse.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 76
  • Pulled pork.jpg
    Pulled pork.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 71
You should try a restaurant called the Roadhouse or Texas Roadhouse. Best damn Texas themed food you could ever eat. Just go for the lunch specials they are cheaper.:drool:

Eat there a few hours ago in New London, CT.

Is that the one where they dance on the tables, and chuck the peanut shells on the floor? I went to one of those, and it was good. They had something called an Awesome Blossom, which is a large onion fried in spicy batter, and cut in such a way that it opens up into a giant flower.

Is that the one where they dance on the tables, and chuck the peanut shells on the floor? I went to one of those, and it was good. They had something called an Awesome Blossom, which is a large onion fried in spicy batter, and cut in such a way that it opens up into a giant flower.
That's the restaurant alright. The Awesome Blossom is delicious. It's a little different from the Applebee's and other competitors version. Business seems to be booming.:)

That's the restaurant alright. The Awesome Blossom is delicious. It's a little different from the Applebee's and other competitors version. Business seems to be booming.:)

Is Applebee's as good though? I was told Applebee's was one to avoid, but the Texas steakhouse was a really good ribeye.

If you want to spend less and use coupon specials go to Applebee's. It's not the greatest place to eat but it's cheaper. I'd still rather eat at the Texas Roadhouse.

The ribeye is very good. Probably because each steak is cut in the restaurant.

Yeah, it was a good place for us to have some fun, and a bit of banter with the waiters and waitresses. Definitely good for a flame-grilled steak and fries, and various mad cocktails.

I believe the Awesome Blossom was originally from Chili's. The one at Texas Roadhouse is called a Texas Rose or something like that.

They're both knockoffs. The original is the Bloomin Onion from Outback Steakhouse.

I believe the Awesome Blossom was originally from Chili's. The one at Texas Roadhouse is called a Texas Rose or something like that.

They're both knockoffs. The original is the Bloomin Onion from Outback Steakhouse.

I reckon it probably was a Texas Roadhouse. The people we were with didn't permit us menus - it was a, "We're going to order you what you need," type of deal.

They definitely told us it was an Awesome Blossom, but they might have known it from somewhere else. But with the peanuts and the table-dancing, I reckon that was the place.

It's actually called the Cactus Blossom.:)
cactus-blossom@1x.3770c4c07006d90ced137838bcb7359e.jpg

Attachments

• Cactus Blossom.jpg
    Cactus Blossom.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 45
Nice and crispy.

Last edited:
Mostly just spent time with some relatives I hadn't seen in awhile. Also met up with some old friends. I used to live in Michigan, but I moved back to Florida in 2012. It had been 5 years since my last visit.
Oh wow that's a long time. Hope you had a good time and nice reunion foods :)

Back
Top Bottom