Legend of Grimrock - Preorders Open

I'd love to know which option gives the devs the most money.

Buying direct from them gives them the most money, and yes you get a Steam Key when you do.

I must say the included artwork and such is excellent. :biggrin:

Daniel.

Hum... On one hand, I wanted to buy the DRM free version and support GOG.com... On the other hand, most of my games are on STEAM, it's much more convenient... Hum...

How is the game's manual - is it detailed and give some insight on the game's features?

Well it has a nice story, good artwork, some amusing profiles of some of the monsters, and goes over the controls and such, it doesn't have a list of skills or spells etc though, guess that's something we'll have to find out in game. (or on a guide somewhere after release)

Daniel.

Well it has a nice story, good artwork, some amusing profiles of some of the monsters, and goes over the controls and such, it doesn't have a list of skills or spells etc though, guess that's something we'll have to find out in game. (or on a guide somewhere after release)

Daniel.

Thanks for your reply darklord.

Why on Earth are people rating this game before it is released? Apparently they have disabled the user ratings and I think they should even delete all pre-release ratings.

The pre-order is very tempting at €8,99 and I shall probably yield.

I was thinking gog can be a great platform for indie RPGs, now it becomes true.
Could you take a moment to think screeg is about to become extremely wealthy!

I will also pre-order. The strange thing about this game is that the interface and videos give me a powerful nostalgia for a genre I've never actually played.

By far my favorite kind or RPG is of the Fallout 1&2 / Infinity Engine type, so I've been ignoring this one. However all the positivity about it intrigues me. I'm not going to preorder of course, but I'm going to keep an eye on it. The full price isn't high either anyway.

Got my credit card ready, but I'm torn on whether to buy from GOG or direct from Grimrock.net.

Well the way to see it is, that on the one hand you are maximizing the profit and hence the chances of survival of a promising new Dev and on the other hand you are contributing towards the security of CDPR and development of the Witcher 3…

wait, I am not making it any easier am I ? … ;)

P.S Regardless of which is one's favorite flavor of RPG, for us that grew up with the EOBs
(although by far not the first RPG I played as I started with crystals of Arborea and I am shamed to admit that I played DM years later) that little teaser was enough for nostalgia to grab us by the bbb err face :biggrin:

Got my credit card ready, but I'm torn on whether to buy from GOG or direct from Grimrock.net.
I just preorded from GOG before I read your your post, but I think GOG is an excellent service so I recon encouraging small developers to use it as an outlet can't be all that bad.

I just preorded from GOG before I read your your post, but I think GOG is an excellent service so I recon encouraging small developers to use it as a channel can't be all that bad.

and given the fact that grimrock.net just gives you a key for steam, it seems gog is the better choice =)

and given the fact that grimrock.net just gives you a key for steam, it seems gog is the better choice =)
Note that you do get the same extra goodies no matter where you buy it. The extras aren't limited to GOG.

EDIT: Speaking of the extras, there are some spoilers in there. In the Design Sketches folder there's one image of a playtest report with info on possible item/monster placement etc. Took a quick look of it only, before noticing what was in it and closed it not to spoil myself. It didn't seem too spoilertastic, though. Plus it is written in a pretty messy handwriting and is a strange mish-mash of English and Finnish, so you'd really need to make the effort if you were to spoil yourself with that (and know a bit of Finnish, too).

Last edited:
I preordered from both sites. Just cause I love this genre so much and I want to support this kind of game development as much as I can.

Back
Top Bottom