Legend of Grimrock - Preorders Open

and given the fact that grimrock.net just gives you a key for steam, it seems gog is the better choice =)
Actually I would say that given how the Grimrock.net option gives you *both* a Steam key and a DRM-free download option, that would be the better, more convenient choice. At least for those who already have a library of games on Steam.

Anyway, that's pretty much the same thing. At some point it's just a matter of taste.

Last edited:
Preordered also!! Now to decide if I will resurrect or reincarnate.

Three things to remember:

Buying on developers page = buying on steam regarding content.

If you like achievements then don`t buy on GOG as they are only on steam

If you really like to support developers then buy on their site as they keep most of the money minus minor paypal and server fees. Gog and especially steam do have quite hefty fees.

I am a bit confused about the pre-order:

from http://www.grimrock.net/buy/ it says "Standalone installer & Steam key"

from gog.com it says "Standalone installer"

Does this mean that if I order from grimrock.net I get the DRM FREE standalone installer (like the GoG one) AND a Steam key?

Thanks in advance

Just ordered direct from the Grimrock website. The sounds of Mount Grimrock will be echoing loudly from my computer soon, no doubt annoying my roommate and neighbors, and I don't care.

Why on Earth are people rating this game before it is released? Apparently they have disabled the user ratings and I think they should even delete all pre-release ratings.

I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking maybe they are beta testers or something like that. Allowing game ratings before a game has been released is probably not a good idea, though.

I preordered from GoG, I didn't know about the Steam key if I ordered direct until I had already put my order in. Not that it really matters, but I do like that Steam tracks my time played.

Really looking forward to this - too bad it couldn't have released a few days earlier so I could play over the long Easter weekend.

Pre-ordered… I went with the direct option.

Browsed through the manual a bit, and I liked most of what I saw. The one thing that concerns me is having only three classes.

The world map is quite nice, but I'm wondering if it serves any purpose. I thought LoG takes place in one large dungeon.

The one thing that concerns me is having only three classes.

This is a very unfortunate trend in rpg's these days. Either classless systems like skyrim or the standard 3 , warrior, thief and mage.

I'd really like to see a revival of the wizardry class system where you could change classes when meeting certain stat requirements. loved working my fighter up to a samurai or mage to a bishop. Finding the thieves dagger and changing my thief in to a ninja. Still the most rewarding item I've ever found in a game. Made even better by the fact that I had no manual and no internet so I had no idea what it was going to do when I used it's special power.

Of course a dnd game would be nice. I could spend days picking classes, kits and rolling my characters. I was very sad when they switched to point buy system vs rolling.

Sorry to veer off topic I got on a roll.

Oh damnit, didn't know it was released on Steam as well... Oh well, I have now preordered the game twice, both on GoG and Steam. :p

This is a very unfortunate trend in rpg's these days. Either classless systems like skyrim or the standard 3 , warrior, thief and mage.

I'd really like to see a revival of the wizardry class system where you could change classes when meeting certain stat requirements. loved working my fighter up to a samurai or mage to a bishop. Finding the thieves dagger and changing my thief in to a ninja. Still the most rewarding item I've ever found in a game. Made even better by the fact that I had no manual and no internet so I had no idea what it was going to do when I used it's special power.

Of course a dnd game would be nice. I could spend days picking classes, kits and rolling my characters. I was very sad when they switched to point buy system vs rolling.

Sorry to veer off topic I got on a roll.

Not neccessary. Properly done it gives more freedom to design your own character while still keeping the diversity. Having a separate class for things like Samurai, Bishop or Ninja might actually reduce the choices you get. Having the same "classes" as talent trees allows for combining stuff.

Preordered from the developers site - something which is rare for me. Given, that I get a Steam key and the developers get a bigger share of the purchase, it is a win for everyone.

Back
Top Bottom