Mass Effect: Andromeda - Access Trial

It would be nice if someone with a GTX 980 playing this access trial in 1440p posted some experiences .

If it doesn't run well I consider upgrading to GTX 1080.

It has the same recommended and engine as Battlefield 1. You can find a test of BF1 here (note that the CPU is a Intel Core i7-6700K (4.50GHz) in the test which will have an impact on the results).

This should give a good idea of where you are going to end up.

Thanks a lot! Seems like I'll get above 60 FPS in average on 1440p. So apparently no need for an upgrade.

I wouldn't touch this with a 10-foot long polish person.

Thanks a lot! Seems like I'll get above 60 FPS in average on 1440p. So apparently no need for an upgrade.

Dunno about BF1, but the same engine was used in DA:I.
I played it on 1080p though and with GTX760 - never spotted any performance problem.
CPU in my case is (still) i5 4670K, Frostbite needs quadcore+ CPU, IMO any will do, apparently even hyperthreaded i3 can run the game but I wouldn't try that.

Generally, I see no need to upgrade GTX 980 at all, it's still a great card.
I wouldn't touch this with a 10-foot long polish person.
But why?
I'm still not sure if I'll buy it or not, but I've discosed reasons why I'm having second thoughts. My huge problem are Bioware's shady tweets that are as informative to the audience as medical diagnoses in latin.

And I won't be paying for EA/Origin Access as I refuse to pay2demo just to be sure the game is not Titanfall2, with that cash I can buy myself a nice N7 glass or something.

Last edited:
Sorry for doublepost, but I have to do it as a separate post (to quote the link elsewhere).

http://wccftech.com/mass-effect-andromeda-heavier-frostbite/
Seems that ME4 is a bit heavier on hardware than other Frostbite games, but if we'll trust nVidia, it almost reaches 60FPS on GTX1060 (high settings):
pc_andromeda_nvidia.jpg

But check this out, especially the part official EA helpdesk says about settings and requirements:
https://help.ea.com/en/help/mass-ef...ready-for-mass-effect-andromeda/?sf53085265=1
IMO that's odd or misleading. To get 30 FPS at 1920x1080 on High Settings (30, not 60!) they say you need win10 although the game is dx11, i7-4790 and 16 Gb of RAM. I've doublechecked, no it's not Ubisoft and it's not Warner.

WTF EA? Is this the reason Bioware forums were shut down so internet doesn't burn those boards right now?

The Nvidia graph is with a i7-6700k.

On a FX-8350 (the recommended spec), you'll be happy to have 45 FPS on a GTX 1060/RX 480 (that's my peek in DAI with the setup).

edit: New IGN First: driving and upgrading the Nomad.

Somehow, i don't see me buying this before a serious price drop and even then i have doubts. Will wait and see how it turns up. And no, i don't want to get into Origin Access.

WTF EA? Is this the reason Bioware forums were shut down so internet doesn't burn those boards right now?

Poirot himself envies you. I'm not kidding, nice catch. It's probably something along those lines. Look at IMDB boards, stuff like this isn't unheard of.

But can you grind additional resources in MP+SP compared to grinding in SP only?

If not then I don't have a problem. I just don't want to be forced to play MP for a "perfect" outcome in SP.

It's not ME3. You can't use multiplayer to bypass sidequests and critical choices then win the game with the best outcome just because you were MMOing. No. You will still have to make choices here in singleplayer and most probably you'll have to do at least some sidequests to get some "perfect" ending or something. Multiplayer in ME4 can not be used to "cheat" your way to Shepard survives ending although everyone is dead and everything is destroyed.

You can however use multiplayer to grind materials which are required for research and upgrades in singleplayer mode.
If I do buy the game, I'll most probably go multiplayer with Thrasher for days till I get myself billions of different materials and only after that will pop up in singleplayer campaign, instaresearch *everything* because I have enough materials, oneshot/instakill every trashmob because now I have OP equipment and get the best ending with ease because my character was filthy rich since the game start.
Hardest game difficulty? Meh. How hard a game can be if you have everything since the start thanks to crapload of resources grinded in multiplayer?

Horrible.

But can you grind additional resources in MP+SP compared to grinding in SP only?

If not then I don't have a problem. I just don't want to be forced to play MP for a "perfect" outcome in SP.

The interview linked by joxer literally says "it's the same stuff you find in SP" and that the system exist for people who wants to split their SP and MP times.

I don't want to split any time. I just want them disallowing transfer of materials you get as reward from custom multiplayer games into singleplayer campaign. Or at least cap it to some irrelevant amount so we can't have any overpowered equipment at the game start thanks to spending days on custom multiplayer maps.
This is the key reason I'm still not sure if I'll buy the game. I can live with 30FPS on i7 idiocy, I'll forgive horrible hair, staring and odd faces, I'll close my eyes on crappy master everything classless system, but I just can't accept this MMO2win design.

I don't know if it's fun, it doesn't even matter, maybe it is, maybe it is not.

I just feel it would be stupid not to "abuse" the system and pwn singleplayer thanks to grinded materials from MMO.
It feels like cheating and Bioware discriminating people who'll singleplayer only again for sakes of their precious MMO gambling boxes.

Again, thanks to Bioware boards shutdown I can't put a direct feedback to developers on this stinking design. All I can hope is that reviewers do not forget about it while showering the game with (paid probably) 10/10s. Yea, I can always write to Jim Sterling, but cmon.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe they did think about this and maybe there is a cap that prevents pouring tons of grinded materials from MMO into the campaign. Or some other mechanics that will make sure you can't go no_challenge cakewalk singleplayer. But so far they didn't mention it anywhere.
After horrible ME3 cross SP/MP design and even worse MGS5, protecting the singleplayer game is so important to me that if such cap exists, I'll preorder the game this very moment.

Last edited:
I don't want to split any time. I just want them disallowing transfer of materials you get as reward from custom multiplayer games into singleplayer campaign.
As far as I've understood now there's a fixed number of grinding missions which can be done in either MP or SP. By doing a mission in MP you won't be able to do it again in SP.

So if you're able to do them from the very beginning in SP I don't see any problem as it wouldn't be an advantage to do all of these missions in MP before starting SP.

Official launch trailer:

In short?
Michael Bay, butts, asari, horrible pop music and no N7.

Back
Top Bottom