Neverwinter Nights: EE - Released

Changing topics how difficult would it be to move nwnvault to steam works ?

That was one of the reasons The Vault was so successful - it was independent of almost anyone's oversight. I think Maximus' biggest headache was keeping copyrighted music off of it. I always imagined how smaller it would have been if Bio had ended up running it.

Yes definitely want to keep the Vault independent. Plus moving the vault to steam means everyone would be required to have that version - as you're probably aware not everyone likes steam. Stuff on the vault can be used by all versions of the game whereas steam workshop wouldn't (technically you could transfer files manually between installs but you still need the game on steam to download from it's associated workshop).

I've kept my BD client version for now, mainly because it's a bit easier to manage the files compared to how steam's workshop sets things up for you. But I tinker a lot and have been mucking around with NWN for a long time. If you want things simple then steam is a good option, provided people start uploading their work. Being old I imagine there'll be a lot of stuff that never makes it on to steam.

Ok - let me rephrase: mirror everything on steamworks. I.e, post it to nwn vault and then have vault run a nightly script that pushes it to steamworks ? The reason is that (I presume) is that steamworks could automate the install process.

Yes definitely want to keep the Vault independent. Plus moving the vault to steam means everyone would be required to have that version - as you're probably aware not everyone likes steam. Stuff on the vault can be used by all versions of the game whereas steam workshop wouldn't (technically you could transfer files manually between installs but you still need the game on steam to download from it's associated workshop).

I've kept my BD client version for now, mainly because it's a bit easier to manage the files compared to how steam's workshop sets things up for you. But I tinker a lot and have been mucking around with NWN for a long time. If you want things simple then steam is a good option, provided people start uploading their work. Being old I imagine there'll be a lot of stuff that never makes it on to steam.

Ok - let me rephrase: mirror everything on steamworks. I.e, post it to nwn vault and then have vault run a nightly script that pushes it to steamworks ? The reason is that (I presume) is that steamworks could automate the install process.
Good idea but installing mods is hardly non-user friendly with NWN as it was with the infinity engine games. Sigh seems everyone wants mods to move to Steam nowadays.

Back
Top Bottom