"Nextgen" GPUs

It's already starting, seeing sales (after rebate) for GTX980 Ti for $475 and GTX 970 for $225. Still, I'll just wait for the GTX1070.

It's already starting, seeing sales (after rebate) for GTX980 Ti for $475 and GTX 970 for $225. Still, I'll just wait for the GTX1070.

Are you sure it was the Ti version? I just checked, and I'm not seeing it for less than $600.

*Edit* After some more searching, I did find some in the $550 range. I saw one for $530, but it involves 2 mail-in rebates.

Last edited:
I really hope AMD step up. It annoys me that nviad has put the price up by around £50 compared to the 9xx cards.

AMD already said that their first Polaris cards released aren't going to be the top super expensive ones, but the low-end PC/mobile and mainstream PC/high end mobile market.

The rumor mills analysis is that their best card is going to replace the 380 in term of price bracket (performance will be higher though but it's unclear by how much). In other word, they are targeting sub $300 market, basically the total opposite of what nvidia did.

AMD top dog card is coming later this year/early next year (called Vega).

Hmm.. odd that that location is so much cheaper than everyone else.

Well the 980 Ti I just checked and it does say 'condition: incomplete, only the graphics card' so it's usually an 'open box' item. Still, full 3-year warranty on it. The 970 is normal.

I'm more confused why they don't have any sotre in Florida, but that's just me.

Anyone who lives here:
50 United States and DC
•Canada (excluding Quebec)
•Denmark
•Finland
•France
•Germany
•United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland)

Should try their chance at:
http://orderof10.com/

Solve puzzles to win T-shirts, pins and each day a brand new 1080 GTX card.
Puzzles, yes. This is not social networks thumbups idiocy "giveaway".
It's not a joke site, it's nVidia's site created for this matter.

The more I'm reading comments about nvidia presentation on GPU oriented forums, the more those "Founder's Edition" are starting to sound like "Founder's Pack" in MMOs.

:S

The more I'm reading comments about nvidia presentation on GPU oriented forums, the more those "Founder's Edition" are starting to sound like "Founder's Pack" in MMOs.

:S

Can you post some links to these forums please? I am interested in finding out more. Thanks.

I'd just recommend to watch this video from JayzTwoCents.

Imho it makes sense and it not worth a lot of fuss ^^

Can you post some links to these forums please? I am interested in finding out more. Thanks.

I wrote forums, but its include article comments and reddit too.

NVidia reddit thread about Founder cards.
Another one.

The NVIDIA subreddit has a lot more threads one the cards and other stuff. AMD also has a subreddit if you are interested on the Polaris talks.

Anandtech coverage of the release announcements + comments.

Guru3d TX1080 thread

In all cases, beware of Nvidia/AMDtards throwing shit at each others…

The rumor is that while the new card pwns on 1080p and gives out performance like it was sci-fi and not the real thing, that on 4K it's worse than GTX 980Ti. Rumor's source are a few "leaks" that were taken offline since so it's not clear if someone didn't analyze data correctly, if it's perhaps a driver problem or if it's actually true.

EDIT:

First benchmark (I'm pointing on TW3 but you can select other parts of the review):
http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/nvidia_geforce_gtx_1080_review,23.html
O_O

I need a doctor, can't close my eyes.

Last edited:
I was wrong. And I've edited the post.
I think my head will remain in clouds for rest of the day...

So based on W3 bench marks, 4K gaming is few years away still? it say 47 FPS... maybe SLI 1080s but thats beyond the reach of the average joe like my self.

47 FPS in 4K? Compared to phones where TW3 is barely getting 30FPS on 720p? Cmon man…

You're forgetting that TW3 is dx11 game so it can't use dx12 features. ;)
We need a game that was written only for dx12 to know for sure. A complex game that will put a pressure on both CPU and GPU, not some 3d angry birds shooter that needs no brain to code.

But IMO 4K gaming is overrated.

From what I've read, the benchmarks aren't showing anything like the performance claimed in the prelaunch hype. Not remotely close to the claims of double performance at the same price point. More like a 30% increase at a higher price point.

Lots of reviews of the 1080 posted on Neogaf.

The results don't show that a die shrink happened with the previous gen. In the reviews I checked, the 1080 lose all its edge at higher resolution than 1080p as well (maybe the name had another meaning, lol). DX12 results are the same as DX11 which is rather suspicious, could be driver/game optimization related though.

I'm going to bet nobody tested with Async compute either.

From what I've read, the benchmarks aren't showing anything like the performance claimed in the prelaunch hype. Not remotely close to the claims of double performance at the same price point. More like a 30% increase at a higher price point.
What double performace?
nvidia on it's site had comparision of TW3 on 980 and 1080 days ago - it was about 60% of performance increase, we wrote about it here.
And now on 3rd party tests I see exactly that.

More than double performance however was projected on VR. We'll have to wait for those tests.
For prices we'll have to wait till shops update their catalogues.
DX12 results are the same as DX11 which is rather suspicious, could be driver/game optimization related though.
Have to agree on this. Even if there was a dx12 only game developed by people we trust are optimizing the code instead of releasing halfbaked products, the problematic part could easily be drivers.

Back
Top Bottom