NWN2 - Worth playing in 2021?

I didn't try them all, but I tried a lot of them and found precious few that appealed to me (compared to NWN 1 modules of which there were dozens that did).

"The Maimed God's Saga" was one of the better ones, IIRC. "Dark Waters" is another (unsurprisingly, as it's by Adam Miller). I seem to remember the Wizard's Apprentice ones being good, which you didn't list.

That Edinmoor link appears to be defunct, but here's one on the Vault:

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/module/edinmoor

It's defunct because that list is a few years old.

So thanks for spotting that.:thanks:

I just added a few new mods.

Mask of the Betrayer is one of the best campaigns I have played in a D&D video game. The OC is one of the worst - it's not bad but every aspect of it is just so bland and highly forgetable. Not as bad as NWN OC though :) That was dire.

This game has been on my list for the past 10+ years. And I've still not gotten around to it. Mask of the Betrayer is what I constantly heard with regards to this game. And maybe, just maybe, I'll dive into it. I just hope that by the time I do, I won't have serious issues running the damn thing on what then will be current hardware.

I'm another that will heap praise on Mask of the Betrayer, what a fine campaign that is, from gut-wrenching start to a glorious finish. Is it worth playing all the bland content up until that point? Absolutely!

I'm another that will heap praise on Mask of the Betrayer, what a fine campaign that is, from gut-wrenching start to a glorious finish. Is it worth playing all the bland content up until that point? Absolutely!

Mask of the Betrayer stands alone, though. Lest someone read this comment and think it's required to play through the OC first, it's not.

Technically you don't have to but new players will miss out on the story as it's a continuation. My first time playing the expansion I hated it due how the OC ended.

The same author just released a review, or a retrospective, of Mask of the Betrayer.
Welcome to our Neverwinter Nights 2 Review. This time we're taking on Mask of the Betrayer, the first expansion pack for Neverwinter Nights 2. It is included in Neverwinter Nights 2 complete edition so you don't have to go out of your way, or put a penny more into getting it.

Back
Top Bottom