Oblivion Oblivion Remake Rumors

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
That time again and this time an insider claims Elder Scrolls Oblivion is getting a full remake. Well see of course as it's supposed to be made with the latest Unreal engine.

Here are the links.

True but Bethseda only works on one game at a time. Starfield is almost released and will of course have DLC and support. After that they can work on Elder Scrolls 6.

Looks like it will be the same developer that did the Outer Worlds remaster though, and frankly after that disaster if this is true, I wouldn't expect a good game at all.:disappointed:

Makes sense that they would outsource it if they did do it so the main team can keep cracking on with ES6. ES6 will almost certainly outsell Starfield/Skyrim when it comes out so I doubt they would use a lot of internal resource. I imagine ES6 will target next gen xbox and maybe also support current gen xbox?

ES6 will almost certainly outsell Starfield/Skyrim when it comes out so I doubt they would use a lot of internal resource. I imagine ES6 will target next gen xbox and maybe also support current gen xbox?
If that's such a sure thing, it makes you wonder why they've dragged on for so long without making more progress on it. They've chosen to re-release Skyrim multiple times instead.

I've said this before, but I don't see why Bethesda can't add enough developers to work on another AAA game simultaneously.

I still consider Oblivion to be the worst of all the ES games and I've played them all, some several times!!

I still consider Oblivion to be the worst of all the ES games and I've played them all, some several times!!
I do too, but I've met a heap of less hardcore RPG-players that cite that it as their first major RPG experience (PC and XBOX), or cite Skyrim (PC and XBOX) - and if there was improved version I'm sure those mainstream Oblivion or Skyrim fans would flock to it.

I would rather see Morrowind remaster :(

If that's such a sure thing, it makes you wonder why they've dragged on for so long without making more progress on it. They've chosen to re-release Skyrim multiple times instead.

I've said this before, but I don't see why Bethesda can't add enough developers to work on another AAA game simultaneously.
A slow release with plenty of build up only adds to the hype. A game like Starfield/ES6 requires a massive amount of work as well and despite some of their shortcomings they do have a level of quality. They also don't go down the path of having 1600 people in their dev team like some other studios. As the technical quality of the art improves it takes more and more man hours to produce a game the size of Skyrim/Starfield/ES6 etc. God knows how long it will take ES7 to be released at their current trajectory!

I read a few months back that Elder Scrolls 6 will take at least five years to finish once they start full-time development after StarField. Which seems normal.

Bethseda needs to hire more teams or start out-sourcing to other developer's.

Last edited:
If this is actually true, I wonder if they're going to change any of the mechanics at all (esp. level scaling).

The original was really frustrating for me - parts of it I quite enjoyed, other parts I hated to the point of not being able to play it (and I couldn't find the right mods to fix things). Even though Skyrim was oversimplified, I still enjoyed it more than Oblivion.

They're still on ES6. Skyrim is 5.
Yes its called a typo everyone knows I meant 6. And on the topic of Bethesda the Fallout 4 HD update has been stalled as well due to Starfield. So my last reply has some truth.^^

Back
Top Bottom