Pathfinder: Abomination Vaults Kickstarter

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
BKOM Studios and Paizo's Co-Op ARPG Pathfinder: Abomination Vaults has launched.

Pathfinder: Abomination Vaults is a classic Co-op Hack and Slash game, based on the epic Adventure Path of the same name, in which up to four players lead iconic Pathfinder heroes into the farthest depths of Gauntlight Keep, battle deadly monsters and abominations to reach the evil sorceress Belcorra Haruvex and put an end to her vile schemes once and for all.

Project Update #1: What a way to kick things off!
Thanks to you, our campaign reached CA$140,000 so far, and the day is not over! It represents 34% of our objective. Wow! We’re thrilled and super grateful that more than 1,600 backers so far believe and support our project and vision. And this is just the beginning :)

We’ve also already reached 4 points in our Social Goals and are so close to reaching more. We’ll be able to unlock our first social reward soon!

Keep helping spread the word. Together, we will bring this amazing project to life!

Since we launched the campaign this morning, we received many great suggestions and questions. We already posted several FAQs and answered comments, as well as direct messages on Kickstarter and on our official Discord server.

Some of those pledges are hilarious.
Pledge CA$ 6,500 or more ABOUT €4,462

Team member for a day

Join the BKOM team for a whole day! Collaborate with our different teams and take part in meetings. Share your feedback on the advancement of the game. Also includes everything in the Ultimate Collector's Box.

Travel and lodging expenses are not included.

Anyway, it seems they won't have any trouble getting there, being at almost 50% after one day.

Project Update #2: Outfit Recolor, Double-up Bundle and Add-ons!
The day is not even over, but with your help, our campaign reached CA$214,00! We’re over 50% of our objective. We’re so thankful for your support and shares. Let’s continue to reach some important milestones together, towards our ultimate goal!

We’ve also already reached 5 points in our Social Goals today, unlocking the first Social Reward: Outfit Recolor. We’re well on our way to reach a couple more goals in the next few days, so keep sharing and following to unlock the next reward.

Since many of you have asked for it, we added a new digital bundle, the “Double-Up Digital Bundle” for ~ USD $55/ 75 CAD. With this bundle, you’ll get 2x Digital downloads (Steam) for you and a friend to partner up and play Pathfinder: Abomination Vaults.

It's already halfway there - it will definitely meet the goal. I'm not interested tho.

.... if they love Pathfinder, they should work on another Pathfinder game themselves! *angry growl*

Project Update #3: Add-ons and 5 points left for the next Social Goal
It’s Day 3 of our campaign and thanks to you, we've raised over CAD$245,000, which represents almost 60% of our goal!

Good news also! We’re now only 5 points away from unlocking our second Social Goal reward, a New Weapon Drop! Together, we can do it! Keep sharing the project on our social networks to anyone who might be interested.

We know many of you are waiting for more information about our upcoming Add-Ons. They’ll be available as early as tomorrow. Backers will be able to add extra Digital Downloads (Steam Keys) of the game, the Custom Dice Set & Bag, and even additional Miniatures in order to have the full collection. Tomorrow, we will post all the details, and the step by step to include Add-Ons to your existing pledge. Please note that as per Kickstarter rules, physical shippable add-ons will only be available for backers already pledging for a shippable reward. In our case, our 3 Collector Boxes and Special Tiers.

I'm not interested either, but they seem to have a good idea by making a coop RPG in that universe.
Many Diablo like are coop by essence, at least Diablo series was. Even if it's not a Diablo like, typically by using totally different controls scheme, make it a singular feature looks weird and seems hint it is targeted to coop only.

For some D&D lore context, why not, but for Pathfinder rules, it looks bizarre. There's certainly a reason why the pledging seems successful. I wasn't totally unsatisfied from my last pledging of a Diablo like, Last Epoch, but it's a true Diablo like not some Hack&Slash to play with a gamepad I never learned use properly. And at end LE put in question pledging, because they engaged for Mac version (don't remind for Linux) and in EA there was a Mac version, but later they just dropped it.

I don't care finance one more Microsoft game, there's billions already, and the mood seems that dev crowd don't bother release anything else (apart consoles obviously), so pledging is probably dead for me.

EDIT:
I can't even reproach that to dev crowd because by using a cloud computer it's not adding much value anymore to play a Mac game, or when I'd like play and the net is down which is extremely rare for me. But that's lower a lot my motives to make any single pledging. Well I did pledge System Shock 1, but past some clearly solid RPG plans, and some very special projects as SS1 remake, pledging is probably dead for me, and along years I was complaining on crowdfunding apparent slow death.

Last edited:
Project Update #4: Miniatures & Add-ons
We’re happy to share with you some exciting news about our Kickstarter campaign. Thanks to your incredible support and enthusiasm, our campaign has surpassed $258,000 after 4 days! We’re truly grateful for your belief in our project and the overwhelming response we've received so far.

25 days left so not really an issue yet.

I think they should be fine, too. And if they can get content creators and websites to talk about them, it should boost the pledges a little.

Do you fancy an interview? ;)

Do you fancy an interview? ;)
Is there any interest? As comments on the site aren't that positive.

Anyway my past two interviews went nowhere with no replies.

The upcoming Pathfinder ARPG received some new details via the launch of it's Kickstarter campaign.

Project Update #5: Over 70% of our Main Goal is reached
Over the week-end, we've reached over 70% of our funding goal target, with over 3000 people now backing the project. Stay tuned this week, as we have a couple of exciting announcements coming.

We also achieved a couple of Social Goals in the last few days and we’re now just 2 points away from reaching the next collective reward: A New Weapon Drop featuring unique powers that will await each champion in the first chapter of the game. Let’s get it!
Project Update #6: Stretch Goals available Soon
We're almost at 300K of our funding goal target, with close to 3500 people now backing the project.

As we are getting closer to our main funding goal, the time has come to share with you the first 2 Stretch Goals of our campaign, and we are pretty excited about them! We’ve received a lot of feedback and questions from the community regarding customization, so we know many of you will be thrilled to learn these Stretch Goals are all about giving players more customization options that will enhance the way you play and look in the game.

Project Update #7: Pathfinder: Abomination Vaults will be on GOG
Together we've reached another milestone as we just passed CA$300,000 pledged, closing in on the 75% funded mark, with more than 3,500 of you backing the project. We said it and we’ll say it again, thank you so much for your support!

Good news, many of you have been asking for it... and today we're super happy to give it to you. Pathfinder: Abomination Vaults will be available on GOG! At the end of our campaign, you'll be able to choose through a form we'll send you, whether you'd like to receive your digital copy of the game for Steam or GOG.

Please note that Kickstarter won’t let us rename our rewards since they’ve already received pledges, but rest assured that the Digital Download of Pathfinder Abomination Vaults Game (Steam) reward does include GOG too!

Project Update #8: We are now more than 75% funded
Our campaign is only 10 days old, but we already collected more than CA$ 310,000, which is over 75% of our funding goal. We’d like to thank each and every person who has contributed to the success of the campaign so far.
Project Update #9: An extra pledge bonus for all our backers
Dear backers and Pathfinder fans, It’s Saturday and we have a treat for you! We partnered up with our friends at Dynamite Entertainment to give as a bonus to all our backers a signed digital poster of their most recent Pathfinder’s graphic novel: Pathfinder: Wake The Dead

Back
Top Bottom