Phantom Brigade - Steam Page Up

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Steam page for Phantom Brigade is now available. Additionally they have announced that a demo version of the game will be at PAX East.

Phantom Brigade is a turn-based tactical RPG, focusing on in-depth customization and player driven stories. As the last surviving squad of mech pilots, you must capture enemy equipment and facilities to level the playing field. Outnumbered and out-gunned, lead The Brigade through a desperate campaign to retake their war-torn homeland.
gif_trailer_shot8_heavy_firing_short_506x284_png.png

• Cinematic spin on the turn-based genre * Predict enemy movements, orchestrate precisely timed countermeasures and watch the action unfold.
  • Strategy * Make high-level tactical decisions on the world map, manage your base, and decide how to apply your limited resources.
  • Tactical combat * Take command of your squad in varied missions ranging from sabotage of enemy equipment and infiltration of high tech facilities to convoy ambushes and challenging outpost onslaughts.
  • Customization * Featuring a rich customization system, the game enables you to fine-tune performance of your mechs, install a wide selection of equipment and access a wealth of cosmetic options. Make your ready to face any challenge - in style.
  • Destructible environments * It's not a proper game about walking tanks without some falling buildings. The game allows every square meter of every scene to be destroyed. Blow up any cover and collapse buildings over your enemies.
More information.

As a fan of the Front Mission games I can't wait to play this game.:drool:

Removed Steam Release Date – December 31, 2021
guess that was a placeholder

Last edited by a moderator:
If it gets quite good feedback on combats this one could push me endure win10 the time to play it.

Oh great! Real turn-based was too scary for them so they're switching it up to a "cinematic" hybrid. I've seen *that* work a WHOLE bunch of times.

Guess they read those 10,000 articles from 2001 letting everyone know that turn-based computer games are dead.

If they truly are eliminating the turn based combat scheme, that will directly affect whether I purchase this or not. The concept of some hybrid style doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence.

Well SquareSoft did the same to Front Mission a few years back.

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries looks like BattleTech with action combat.

Turn-based combat is not the only way to play these type of games.:)

Can anyone shed some light on what this "Cinematic spin on the turn-based genre" means?

Combat videos already released highlight this with in game footage

I had a quick skim through those videos, so perhaps I'm missing something, but it looks like fairly straightforward turn-based gameplay. What is it that makes it "cinematic"?

Back
Top Bottom