Pillars of Eternity II - Obsidian Teaser

Sounds like Eder is returning. He was a very well written companion in my opinion. I'm really looking forward to the sequel, as I'm currently replaying the game, and realizing I really did enjoy it that much more than Tyranny. Hopefully the strategy guide will be correct after the first patch, Fluent ;)

People on the official forums teasing thread were right back on the 12th, that "flag" is so Edér's farming company (there was no quote when it was teased back then, nor was it on Obsidian.net splash screen).

Going by the quote, Eothas is coming back with a vengeance. I'm starting to think that Galawain is the most sane of the bunch and that's saying something.

edit: Speaking of hinting at character coming back. Yesterday, Josh posted something related to Aloth.

From hero to zero.
Instead of making first real fans happy on their official forum, they're egotripping like EA.

Wish I was more excited and willing to support Obsidian again because I love the comeback of the Iso-CRPG era, but I really, really did not enjoy the story for PoE. Which led to skipping White March after finishing the base game..

Please don't be a bug-infested mess at launch. Please don't be a bug-infested mess at launch. Please don't be a bug-infested mess at launch. Please don't be a bug-infested mess at launch. Please don't be a bug-infested mess at launch. Please don't be a bug-infested mess at launch. Please don't be a bug-infested mess at launch. Please don't be a bug-infested mess at launch. Please don't be a bug-infested mess at launch. Please don't be a bug-infested mess at launch. Please don't be a bug-infested mess at launch. Please don't be a bug-infested mess at launch. Please don't be a bug-infested mess at launch. Please don't be a bug-infested mess at launch.

Who am I kidding.

Likelihood they'll make soloing viable with incentives to do so?

Sigh, 0%

Seems like Archangel's birthday wish will come true.

Total war will break out between farmers and …is that a pipe or an axe? Or simbol of Sawyerism?
PoE was not bad, but spread out too thin and too heavy at the same time. Been playing BG II last few days and surprising how writing is more engaging…Eder turns the page with his thick farmhand fingers…wtf?

Seems like Archangel's birthday wish will come true.
???

While I have kind of enjoyed PoE on my first playthrough I could not force myself to play it again and I never bought or played White March and probably I will never do.

Decision to get and play PoE2 will mostly depend on if they fix the combat and encounter system. Better story could also help, but I never played BG like games for their story.

I just hope they don't let Sawyer and his balance mania go completely ballistic again. I like being able to build powerful/weak characters by mixing/matching in clever ways, instead of it simply being a gameplay choice (1h vs 2h etc).

I just hope they don't let Sawyer and his balance mania go completely ballistic again. I like being able to build powerful/weak characters by mixing/matching in clever ways, instead of it simply being a gameplay choice (1h vs 2h etc).

PoE is nothing but balanced. You can make all sort of overpowered characters and can easily screw up your skill/talent/spell selection to end up with an almost useless character.

Of course, nobody is going to pick a spell that does 10-20 damage when there is another one of the same level that does 30-40 damage, but the choice do exist (see Fan of Flames vs anything on the 1st Wizard spell list as an example....but you could make a op Wizard that focus on CC and not damage though).

PoE is nothing but balanced. You can make all sort of overpowered characters and can easily screw up your skill/talent/spell selection to end up with an almost useless character.

Of course, nobody is going to pick a spell that does 10-20 damage when there is another one of the same level that does 30-40 damage, but the choice do exist (see Fan of Flames vs anything on the 1st Wizard spell list as an example….but you could make a op Wizard that focus on CC and not damage though).

That's the problem. CC or absurd defenses (usually as a result of both debuffs to lower their hit chance combined with an increase in defenses) is the only way to power, and that just leads to long, dragged out fights with enemies that can't hit you, either because they're too bogged down with debuffs or because they're flat out incapacitated.

It did get a little better after the patching and DLCs, but not enough.

I have yet to finish my 2nd attempt at a playthrough with PoE with the full DLC expansion. To be honest, am spending much more time with Caves of Qud. It is an incredible game for still being in EA.

I'm in the middle of my second play through (well a bit past the middle). The first time I played was shortly after the release and prior to whitemarch (replay is to pick up all the fixes and whitemarch).
-
Its ok I guess; I will finish it but to be honest this game never really grabbed me like D:OS (fantastic combat) and wasteland 2. When I replayed the wasteland 2 (director cut was second play through) I thought i twas pretty decent and could see myself playing again as I discovered a lot of new things.

With pillars I'm not really having a blast (about 40% through part 2 of white march); i mean I will finish but I find the whole thing confusing at best and anti-clamtic across the board. The stats are confusing at best and make no sense (yes I can read up on each one but they have no intutitive sense); the story is ok i guess but it is mostly bland; the loot is generally uninteresting.
-
Not sure I will give II a chance; after i finish this play through i really can't see myself playing I again.
-
With D:OS I loved the combat but loot drop was worse of the dinvity games and the story was also the worse (I personally like DKS follow by the original divnity)
-
With wasteland 2 the combat was passable but the story was much more cohesive and sensible than either pillars or D:OS as well as the story branching.

Back
Top Bottom