Pillars of Eternity - March Release Date?

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
A member of site by the name of jadabu sent information about the release date for Pillars of Eternity. Unfortunately the sites are in Spanish, but here you go.

It looks like the release date of Project Eternity is finally out:

http://www.meristation.com/pc/notic...ndra-edicion-fisica-en-espana/1810544/2033879

http://www.vandal.net/noticia/13506...riginal-sin-tendran-version-fisica-en-espana/

At least for Spain, you can expect a release in march of this year.
More information.

Last edited:
Good find!

Would like to have have a source on this though...

Sorry can't find a single English one as the links were sent in by a member.:-/

I decided to do a quick Google translation,
Currently the distributor unable to give a firm launch date , but suggest that it debuts in late March . Furthermore, it is confirmed that come in two different editions: Hero and Champion.

Yeah, I read the google translation as well. But it isn't mentioned where he has the date from.

Apparently it's an estimate from the distributor called Meridiem Games. Either their pulling the date out of thin air, or they have knowledge we don't have yet.

Link - http://www.meridiem-games.com/en/index.php

So I'm adding a ? to the news-bit title just to be safe.

Last edited:
Thanks Morrandir so it seems possible for release in March. I wonder why no official announcement has been made on the games website, or kickstarter page?

Now hopefully that Amazon Date isn't a guess, or placeholder date.

From experience I wouldn't invest much trust in an Amazon release date.

True as Amazon release dates are not always accurate, and they have been wrong plenty of times. Still I'm tempted to believe as the game is severely behind schedule.

Also the last official update said 1st quarter of 2015 was the target.

apparently there was all sorts of balance / fundamental issues with the combat engine, has that been resolved?

I don't know as I stopped playing the Beta. Last I heard more content was added, and Obsidian stated the game was getting closer to being finished.

I do know though they can't afford to delay the game another year.:)

It was getting better the last I looked. However, the demo really isn't any fun. It is very hard to tell whether Eternity will be a good game or not. This is an Obsidian game. Ripping a demo out of the middle without any story attached is not showing their forte.

It was getting better the last I looked. However, the demo really isn't any fun. It is very hard to tell whether Eternity will be a good game or not. This is an Obsidian game. Ripping a demo out of the middle without any story attached is not showing their forte.

maybe not, but that didnt stop Windows Vista and Windows 8 from existing.

apparently there was all sorts of balance / fundamental issues with the combat engine, has that been resolved?

I haven't played the beta, but many people think combat has become more enjoyable. Most of the issues which remain are a matter of taste. For example some people like the new engagement system, while others hate it. Some people hate that wizards no longer has access to instant disable spells like petrification and hold person, while others find this good.

I need to sit down and actually play it meticulously, but early access stuff is hard for me to commit to. That said, I played up to the ogre and didn't exactly find it that great overall. I like the dialogue a lot, but I found the skill system kinda generic a few months back.

I was hoping this game would be special, and out of all the kickstarter funded biggies it was the one I anticpated most, but it seems like it would be prudent to wait and see how things turn out (vs purchase immediately, prepurchase, etc).

I'm also really sick of seeing community funded games that are basically indie productions going at insanely high prices when every sale is 100% profit for the developer. At this point I don't want to contribute to these people and will wait for a sale if they keep the release price as stupidly high as the pre-purchase price.

I buy a lot of high quality indie games that usually have far lower prices and most of those developers don't have the community 100% funding their development.

Well it's now official as a new press release was sent out today.
Pillars of Eternity will be released Worldwide on March 26th.
Here is the full press release in a spoiler tag.

Pillars of Eternity to Release Worldwide on March 26th
Never-before-seen Game Content to Be Revealed in Live Stream with Josh Sawyer January 15th

STOCKHOLM — January 14, 2015 — Paradox Interactive and Obsidian Entertainment today announced that Pillars of Eternity, the role-playing game (RPG) inspired by timeless classics and funded directly by dedicated fans, has a firm release date set for March 26, 2015. Pillars of Eternity will be available at retailers worldwide, and eager fans and backers will be able to experience the game they have been promised.

“Everybody at Obsidian has been dedicated to ensuring that Pillars of Eternity is the game we said it would be ever since we launched the Kickstarter campaign,” said Feargus Urquhart, CEO of Obsidian Entertainment. “The community has been incredibly forthcoming with their feedback, and we want to thank all of our fans for being so engaged with the game’s development – and for giving us the time to implement their suggestions and ensure Pillars of Eternity is a game we can be proud of. We’ve used that time well, and the results will be worth the wait. The end is finally in sight, and our journey is nearly complete – at which point yours can begin.”

As the game nears completion, a selection of never-before-seen content from Pillars of Eternity will be revealed via a live stream, hosted by Josh Sawyer, the game’s Project Director. Sawyer will take viewers on a journey through the world of Pillars of Eternity to show what has been accomplished since the release of the backer beta. The live stream will air Thursday, January 15, at 1pm PST (21.00 GMT), here: www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

“Joining Obsidian for this process has been very rewarding,” said Fredrik Wester, CEO of Paradox Interactive. “We’ve always known that, given the opportunity, the developers would be able to make Pillars of Eternity into the game we’ve all been waiting for; we’ve got several backers of the game on our own team. That’s just what we’ve done: we’ve allowed Obsidian to dedicate their attention completely to the creativity and quality of Pillars of Eternity, while we’ve offered our honest feedback, enthusiasm, and full support by handling all the other facets of launching a game that go beyond development.”

Pillars of Eternity is an RPG inspired by classic titles such as Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape: Torment, which features an original world and game system that evokes and improves upon the traditional computer RPG experience. Funded via Kickstarter in late 2012, raising $4.5 million through both backer pledges on Kickstarter and Obsidian’s own website, Pillars of Eternity has been a project of passion both for the development team and for the loyal fans who have made it possible.

To purchase Pillars of Eternity, visit buy.pillarsofeternity.com.

For more information on Pillars of Eternity, visit www.pillarsofeternity.com.

Back
Top Bottom