Pricewatch!

Saw that and considered grabbing DS3. I still plan on giving that one a go eventually since I'm told it's the most similar to Elden Ring. There are just too many games right now though...
Oh, I thought you already played it.
It's the next one I wanted to try, so I took it despite the *cough* backlog.

Oh, I thought you already played it.
It's the next one I wanted to try, so I took it despite the *cough* backlog.
I've got some hours in DS1 and briefly tried DS2, but I don't think I've tried DS3 unless I sampled the high seas version and don't remember.

DS3 was a generation later than the first two games which is why I think I might be able to get into it after feeling like DS 1/2 were a little too dated for me.

That was the last decent entry in the series imo.
I started playing on Switch last year and had seen a meme about how the first hour is just a barrage of nonsensical overly detailed expo dumping and events and people you aren't remotely invested in ... and it was a totally perfect description. When the actual game starts none of that stuff has sunk in, and people you meet who are associated with Lord Exylbribbledubble of SkyHarLeighFryWhyTon ... all I can think is 'there was so much money dumped into this hot mess that no one will ever remember'

I started playing on Switch last year and had seen a meme about how the first hour is just a barrage of nonsensical overly detailed expo dumping and events and people you aren't remotely invested in ... and it was a totally perfect description. When the actual game starts none of that stuff has sunk in, and people you meet who are associated with Lord Exylbribbledubble of SkyHarLeighFryWhyTon ... all I can think is 'there was so much money dumped into this hot mess that no one will ever remember'
Yeah, FFXII wouldn't be the first Square Enix game to fit that description or the last. They do love their exposition and cinematics. What I didn't like is how you start off in the city afterwards, and it has you running around to meet this character and that for mundane conversation and fetch quests.

What did you think about the game once you got out into the open world? Did you stick with it?

What did you think about the game once you got out into the open world? Did you stick with it?
I didn't finish but in general thought it was OK ... definitely prefer the Trails games (which is why I think I quit FF XII, another one released!)

I don't think I could get into the Trails games. I've looked at them, but they're a little too Eastern in style for what my tastes are now.

Last edited:
Blade of Darkness for Nintendo Switch is on sale for $2.90 through March 7th. I loved the PC version, but I've heard mixed things about the ability to execute some of the combos on the Switch but that in general it plays pretty well.

KINGDOM COME: DELIVERANCE Royal Edition is on sale for $7.99 at GOG:

WIZARDRY: PROVING GROUNDS OF THE MAD OVERLORD remake is on sale for $23.99 at GOG:

Big RPG sale at GOG for the next week.

Also, there's a remaster of Star Wars: Dark Forces available now on both Steam and GOG.

Looks good, but $30?

I still remember the security elevator puzzle. I enjoyed that game, but I don't think I'll replay it. Yeah, here it's 29€, which may be a little too much for that.
I've never played Dark Forces other than just to try it years after it was released. The original was too pixelated for me to enjoy, and I always wished someone would do a remaster.

I watched a gameplay stream earlier today, and the visuals are indeed a significant improvement over the original. I'm not sure how well the level design holds up compared to modern games though. I might grab it when it goes on sale.

I've never played Dark Forces other than just to try it years after it was released. The original was too pixelated for me to enjoy, and I always wished someone would do a remaster.

I watched a gameplay stream earlier today, and the visuals are indeed a significant improvement over the original. I'm not sure how well the level design holds up compared to modern games though. I might grab it when it goes on sale.
Even the remaster looks pixelated, though much less than the original. And those old 2D sprites... :D

I think it's still worth playing if you like the SW universe, but I'd wait until it's on sale too. It's a relatively short game (10-15 hours).

Back
Top Bottom