Pricewatch!

I played the heck outta Dark Forces when it came out in '95, probably because good games were still rare in those days. I don't think I own it now and not sure it would appeal as much, yet back then it was really good.

I played the heck outta Dark Forces when it came out in '95, probably because good games were still rare in those days. I don't think I own it now and not sure it would appeal as much, yet back then it was really good.

I remember the part that really impressed me way back then is how the music would seamlessly change depending on the level of danger. It really added to the immersion.

This was one of the games that came with my very first PC. I made the leap from the Commodore Amiga so I could play ULTIMA VII: THE BLACK GATE.

Also, there's a remaster of Star Wars: Dark Forces available now on both Steam and GOG.

Looks good, but $30?
Yeah, I know - but at least I now get to stop whining about the loss of the original superior Mac version (can't remember which CPU or OS transition that was anymore). So I bought it - it has always been the best game of the Doom era IMO in terms of design ... and yeah, Star Wars of course.

And it looks and plays absolutely fabulous on the Steam Deck - the cutscenes are great, and while you'd never mistake it for a new game, it definitely has something I've never experienced in any of the 'boomer shooters' released recently. No regrets for me at the $30 - I've paid a lot more for much less quality gaming (Elex 2 comes to mind)

In case anyone wants to check out the first game before the sequel releases, here's Dragon's Dogma for $4.79

CRUSADER KINGS III is on sale at Steam for $24.99:

SEVEN: ADVANCED EDITION is on sale at Steam for $1.49:

Last edited:
Green Man Gaming has a very generous discount on preorders for Outcast - A New Beginning (-35%). Not sure why it's so much cheaper there than on Steam, but it's a great deal if you're thinking of preordering.

Also, the first Outcast, or rather the remake of it, is currently 90% off on Steam.

Thief collection for $6.53 on Green Man Gaming.

• Thief: The Dark Project / GOLD Edition
  • Thief II: The Metal Age
  • Thief: Deadly Shadows
  • THIEF - Master Thief Edition

SANDS OF AURA is on sale at Steam for $16.24:

Anyone has figured why they only show the discount for some items, and only a small tag for others? It looks like another website bug.

View attachment 5105 vs View attachment 5106
If I remember correctly its a consequence of a regulation.
The -10% is probably the first reduction. I think the one with the % needs to show prior reductions. So its probably not the highest reduction the game has.

Back
Top Bottom