Re: Voting for best RPGs of 2015

Balrum and Underrail are also missing as they are still to be released this year. ^^

My 3 votes so far would be:
Fallout 4 (even though I didn't play it yet)
Invisible, Inc (overall great game even if it's not on par with FTL)
Avernum 2: Crystal Souls (even if it's not as good as Avernum 1)

O_O
No Bloodborne, Fallen Whatnot, Dark Souls or something like that?
:shocked:
Well I never finished any of those games Joxer. ;)

As the old saying goes not my cup of tea.:cool:

Eh, I'll vote, even though we all know that Bethesda fanboys have already rigged the election.

1. Witcher III/Hearts of Stone
2. Wasteland II Enhanced Edition
3. Pillars of Eternity

As for best Trending gamer my vote, of course goes to Brumbek. ;)

1. Pillars of Eternity
2. Witcher III
3. FFXIV: Heavensward

Honorable Mentions

1. Legends of Eisenwald
2. Satellite Reign
3. Tales of Zestiria

I've only played 3 RPGs released this year. My ranking:

1. The Witcher 3
2. Pillars of Eternity
3. Fallout 4

Age of Decadence, Divinity Original Sin, and Wasteland 2 will have to wait a bit longer.

Since I haven't played F4 yet, it has to be:
1. The Witcher 3 (with HoS)
2. Divinity:OS EE (never got to play D:OS)
3. Pillars of Eternity

1. Pillars of eternity
2. Witcher 3
3. Age of Decadence

Haven't played Fallout 4 yet, but I do know that I'd prefer these three games above it nonetheless. Fallouts are great, but I've had my share of post apocalyptic world for a while with New vegas & Fallout 3. :)

1. Witcher 3 GOTY.
2. Pillars of eternity
3. Divinity:OS EE

Last edited:
1. Siralim (I'm sure this is the only vote the game will get)
2. Legends of Eisenwald
3. Shadowrun: Hong Kong

I bought it, but haven't played it yet. I'm surprised its that good. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to start it before voting, but we'll see.

The game doesn't have huge hoards of monsters…

I think he means the number of monsters total. There are a decent amount of monsters. But technically you are correct. Most of them are encountered in small groups. Its not like Path of Exile or other such hack and slay games. I'd say its pretty standard for a rpg, but if you don't like the combat in a standard rpg, you'll have a hard time liking the game.

Well my top three as we are only allowed to vote for three games on the yearly poll.

1. Witcher III
2. Pillars of Eternity
3. Fallout 4

I'm excluding all remakes and remastered games from 2014.:)

Have to go with this…

Despite its generic MMO design , TW3 is clearly the highest quality RPG here…. Its literally the apex of open-world RPGs in their current form (even though it uses the same mold).
I'd like to see something out-of-the-box but w/e…

Didn't play PoE with the latest patches, but it was a bland and cheap experience. It capitalized on nostalgia , while not really bringing anything new to the table…. except a bizarre combat system. It was clearly Obsidian B team's project but still more of an RPG then Fallout 4

FO4 is cool and enjoyable in its own right. I don't think its a proper RPG but definitely better than FO3 (which was also kind of a semi-RPG). The crafting is especially awesome. PS Divinity OS EE could be a contender here but I didn't play it.

Honorable mentions: Wasteland 2 DC and Age of Decadence

Last edited:
Hmmm

1a) Witcher 3 even though I didn't finish it....
1b) Fallout 4
2) Divine divinity(though one can argue it a rerelease?)
3) Wasteland 2/Pillars of Eternity

I don't really like doing these lists because I tend to forget a lot of good ones.

I'm enjoying Underrail right now for instance.

Oh well it was a good year for RPG's.

I won't be voting for The Witcher 3 or Fallout 4. Those are action adventure games with some RPG elements. I don't like that kind of game.

My top 3 picks are the following, in no particular order: Paper Sorcerer, Always Sometimes Monsters, and Dungeonmans.

Yeah, I know, I don't post here much (although I visit everyday), so no one cares what my opinion is. Had to get it off my chest anyway.

I won't be voting for The Witcher 3 or Fallout 4. Those are action adventure games with some RPG elements. I don't like that kind of game.

My top 3 picks are the following, in no particular order: Paper Sorcerer, Always Sometimes Monsters, and Dungeonmans.

Yeah, I know, I don't post here much (although I visit everyday), so no one cares what my opinion is. Had to get it off my chest anyway.

But isn't Always Sometimes Monsters an Adventure Game/ Visual Novel in an RPG Engine?

Seems rather weird to classify this as RPG and not Witcher or Fallout.

But isn't Always Sometimes Monsters an Adventure Game/ Visual Novel in an RPG Engine?

Seems rather weird to classify this as RPG and not Witcher or Fallout.

Yeah, well, I'm rather weird. :S

This site's games database lists it as an RPG, and reviews of it refer to it as an RPG. The main characteristic of it that justifies that classification is that it has a rich story full of choices and consequences (deeper than the type found in a visual novel/choose your own adventure). In other words, it has just the things that so many people at this site always complain that many RPGs don't have. So, I'll keep it on my list, as peculiar as that may seem.

My ranking of RPGs I've played this year that were released this year:

1. Pillars of Eternity (no DLC)

Ummm.... that's it. On the plus side, I got through Risen 3, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, and most of Witcher 2 this year. Oh, and some of FF4. I'm ready for that 2014 vote now!

Back
Top Bottom