Recommend me a book

MASK or voltron were much better cartoons that envovled "transforming" in my opinion. i would be interested in seeing either of those made into movies.

focault pendulum was one of the most 'straining' books i've read myself. and yes i would agree that it had a 'full of air' arrogance to it that often popped up. always meant to read name of the rose but never have. wasn't that one made into a movie?

to me the usage of ' ' versus " " is important though i often use them incorrectly myself. in my line of work though i can't make that mistake as a single ' is a minute and " are seconds.

punctuation is my friend.

as far a recommendation i am thouroughly enjoying the last novel of jg ballard's i have yet to read (including his latest which you can't even buy here in the states) - the kindness of women. its great to see the well written saga of his life and see where many of his other short stories and novels have sprung up from.

Back at U, incorrect citatition resulted in losing marks. We had to use "" in scientific citation (and write sense ;)) if we wanted high grades.

Perhaps it depends on the country and the period (the early nineties in my case ).

the cell was the only movie i have ever walked out on...uggh.
A bad movie, but the cyber-psychiatrist theme was ripped from 'Mindplayers'... a book I really liked.

Last edited:
I have read lord fouls bane and gap into conflict, and found both quite unappetising. I thought the leprosy dynamic was potentially interesting but he didn't do much with it beyond endlessly whining self pity from the main character. His prose style lacked any real flare and his vision lacked any atmosphere or real character for me, utterly put-downable.
I've only read Lord Foul’s Bane and it didn't inspire me to continue the series. The real world sections were effective enough in that they managed to convey the main character's sense of alienation and slide towards despair, but the 'fantasy' was turgid and curiously mundane considering the subject matter.

I've only read Lord Foul’s Bane and it didn't inspire me to continue the series. The real world sections were effective enough in that they managed to convey the main character's sense of alienation and slide towards despair, but the 'fantasy' was turgid and curiously mundane considering the subject matter.

That's a shame, because the series gets much better as it goes on.

Back
Top Bottom