Recommendation RPG for a PIII era PC?

If morrowind is out of the question the best options would be (imo):
Fallout 2
Baldur's Gate 2
Icewind Dale 1
All these games will run great on that system, that's for sure.

There's a "Fallout Collection" which includes all the three fallout games which should be easy & cheap to get. It's very good.

There's also a "Baldur's Gate" compilation which includes 2 games and 2 expansion packs. Also highly recommended. Cheap and easy to find.

Last edited:
On November 19th should be released Eschalon Book I.
You can search the net and take a look at the game.
Read the faq.
I think it should run on your system,

This game promises a good old school return.

Last edited:
I pretty much like things like riddles, also fighting but not tooo much, good landscapes, good athmosphere, medieval athmosphere, also the whole ork and elves stuff...

Diablo 1 (single player) or Diablo 2 (multiplayer) are also obvious recommendations. The only good Diablo clone I remember from that time is Nox. Nox is pure action combined with great graphics, at its time. The typical item hunting is significantly reduced.

Riddles and fighting in modest quantity isn't the Diablo I remember... Not the Icewind Dale I remember either. :p Allthough I don't know how Wurstwasser defines not too much fighting. But I'm pretty sure Diablo isn't what you're looking for if you take the time to point out that you don't want too much fighting...

Just my two (or is it three?) cents on that subject.

Übereil

Should be able to run Gothic 1 as well

I'm relatively sure on that, given the fact that I was able to run it with my old Win98SE PC with 800 Mhz and 384 (I think it was) MB RAM.

Just turn the graphics/detail options a bit off.

Back
Top Bottom