Redfall - New game from Arkane.

The game in on gamepass so I could try it a bit. For once an hyper negative anti hype on Steam through users reviews seems 100% valid, up to wonder what happened.

Sure the game is fully playable single player, and the very beginning seems ok. But default difficulty is absurd for such game, with very few combats and all very easy and I'm not a competent player of modern shooters, and a world quickly very empty. It felt like an unfinished game and makes wonder how Microsoft or the project lead could have decide release the game as it is.

Still enjoying it. I installed a patch tonight and the AI seems to have been fixed/tweaked. Definitely a lot more meaningful movement from the enemies, using a lot more cover.

View: https://twitter.com/IdleSloth84_/status/1664231517873135617

Seems like a very reasonable explanation as to what happened.
The 70% employees leaving Arkane Austin is kind of surprising. I'm guessing that must have been across a bigger time period.

Redfall is a multiplayer game? I thought it was just coop or single player. Coop is hardly pure MP and seems in general much more compatible with a single player gameplay. For the threat to work on some other crap that's another affair. But it's hardly information you can get from game credits or LinkedIn, so that aspect is more guess even if not random guess.

For 70% employee that left, even reduced to 50% it smells much more a studio final death. That studio never sold huge enough to push try make the name relive even if it obviously has/had fame. That's quite another problem for Arkane non Austin and consequences.

Back
Top Bottom