Rockstar - Red Dead Redemption?

I'm really looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2, but it's disappointing that it's not coming to PC. Strange that there is no mention of a 4K version for PS4 Pro or Xbox Scorpio.

Shame, but ok if separate release a year later. Doubt the first will ever come up on pc, ACG did a pretty good video on how messed up ( technicall-y) it was.
Or maybe coming to PC three years later, bundled with the first two games re-mastered in RDR2's engine! (As long as I'm dreaming, might as well go for broke!)

Well at this point everyone should know we will never see a RDR PC port as the coding in the game was messed up, and to port it to the PC would be to time consuming.

As for RDR 2 if they do decide to port it don't expect to release till late 2018 or 2019.:disappointed:

Last edited:
… As for RDR 2 it they do decide to port it don't expect to release till late 2018 or 2019.:disappointed:

XBox One is really just a consolized Win10 PC, and Microsoft has been working hard to unify the two. Porting games from one to the other has never been easier. I wouldn't be surprised to see the PC port out a few months later along with the 4K version for XBox Scorpio and PS4 Pro. :fingerscrossed:

XBox One is really just a consolized Win10 PC, and Microsoft has been working hard to unify the two. Porting games from one to the other has never been easier. I wouldn't be surprised to see the PC port out a few months later along with the 4K version for XBox Scorpio and PS4 Pro. :fingerscrossed:
Yeah I hope so also but it's Rockstar, and they love to double-dip with their ports. By that I mean they stagger releases to maximize profits for each platform nowadays.

As long as there is a Steam version and its not Windows store only.

As long as there is a Steam version and its not Windows store only.
Amen to that as I don't want to run another windows app while logged on Xbox live.:nod:

What is it about Windows these days anyway? You would think Microsoft Windows is anti-productivity software given W10 forced updates and other bullshit.
I agree again Silver as some of those updates also stop certain games from running, and we now have to deal with forced advertising you can't shut off after the last update.

Seems Microsoft is hoping for a closed system as Gabe foresaw this would happen. I wonder if they will eventually force developers to use apps instead of applications next?

I agree again Silver as some of those updates also stop certain games from running, and we now have to deal with forced advertising you can't shut off after the last update.

Seems Microsoft is hoping for a closed system as Gabe foresaw this would happen. I wonder if they will eventually force developers to use apps instead of applications next?

I think business users particularly would rebel en masse if Microsoft tried to do that. There is a widespread business need for custom software that an app system cannot accommodate, not to mention legacy software.

Still Microsoft might try to force this on home users as they have different 'versions' of Windows already. Honestly if I'm forced to upgrade I'm going to try my best to get the Enterprise version as they have screwed the Windows Pro users too - which I didn't think they'd do. Perhaps there is a nice linux distro that works like Windows which I'll end up using otherwise. This is an area governments need to regulate.

Well at this point everyone should know we will never see a RDR PC port as the coding in the game was messed up, and to port it to the PC would be to time consuming.
A multitrillion $ worth company that doesn't even blink on $500K investment on one side.
On another side, some schmucks that are capable of cracking Denuvo and these do it for fun and to troll gaming industry without ever seeing a dime.

Coding messed up? Please, don't tell me you actually believe in that urban legend served as excuse. There is nothing messed up. There is only incompetence, amateurism and mainstream media praise on mediocrity (GTA5).

*shrugs*

It seems Rockstar with continue to move away from wanting my money, and both of us will continue to do just fine.

The timing, the used medium show that Rockstar is the last company in the vid product industry that can afford that style of marketing. Even, that might not be the company itself but the product, as a new installment in the franchise was desired by many, many and many.

On this site, it translated into this thread that is already bigger than average due to a mere annoucement. From people who declaring having no burning interest in the type of product that RDR.

On this site, it translated into this thread that is already bigger than average due to a mere annoucement.
You are right.

From people who declaring having no burning interest in the type of product that RDR.
But this is just bollocks my dear Chien. "From people"? Most of the "people" here declared that they ARE interested in RDR but some of us just aren't interested in the console version of it. Not the same thing really is it?

Certainly not bollocks. They have no interest in the product unless it is released on PC. As it is told not to be released on PC, they have no interest.

People prefering declarations of intent...

errr... NO. I was interested in RDR but I wasn't about to buy PlayStation just to play that and a couple of other games. So I've watched it on YouTube.

errr… NO. I was interested in RDR but I wasn't about to buy PlayStation just to play that and a couple of other games. So I've watched it on YouTube.

Stop arguing, zahratustra. Chien understands our interests better than we do. :p

While not about RDR2, fresh video from JS reminds people why consoles suck:

How Consoles Broke The 'Play Now' Promise

After spending almost an entire day downloading Mafia III on the PS4, I'm compelled to reflect on how consoles are lying inferior machines that properly fucked up.

A harsh reflection, perhaps, but a bloody true one. Their makers consider themselves in competition with PC, so they're asking for some harsh home truths.

There is a very interesting question in comments there:
"If PC is so good, why is there no PC 2?"
Really, how come we're still using ancient IBM PC architecture even today?

yeah, I was listening to that couple of days ago. Sounds like Sony and MS are screwing with what were the advantages of consoles over pc. So it actually might be a good news for pc users.
But unforced errors by console makers? A bit weird that...

Back
Top Bottom