RPGs with turn-based combat

I wasn't getting "het up". It was starting to sound like you guys were. It was also getting way off topic.

It was starting to sound like you guys were.
I don't know how you got that impression. Discussion often involves the expressing of different views, and one doesn't need to assume that means things are heated.
And given that you posted 2 days after the conversation ended...?

It was also getting way off topic.
If there is a policy here about keeping 100% on topic, rather than following the weft and weave of the developing conversation, I apologise. Won't happen again (though I might have to edit my aside in that "round table" news post, a much more flagrant abuse ;))

I don't know how you got that impression. Discussion often involves the expressing of different views, and one doesn't need to assume that means things are heated.
And given that you posted 2 days after the conversation ended...?

Here, let me quote you.

"Okay, I'll cement this argument by quoting verbatim from my Wizardry 8 manual"

Sorry if I misunderstood, but it's not really that big a deal.

As far as when the conversation ended, what does that have to do with anything? This is a message board, not a real-time conversation.

Hey, maybe it's a phase-based conversation! :biggrin:

Oh, I see. I meant "argument" as in its debating definition.

For example, two people with opposing views may present two different arguments. I was "cementing" (i.e. solidifying, concluding, etc) "this argument" (i.e. point of view, with supporting evidence, just expressed). As opposed to cementing any argument (i.e. "heated disagreement") that we may or may not have been having (though I'm not certain how that phrase works in this context).

Sorry if I misunderstood, but it's not really that big a deal.
No problem, but now we really are off topic ;)!

Yep, this isn't the Dot; the mods are very tolerant of most things. Not that I would ever post off topic!! :biggrin:

Still underway

I put up a new splash screen at www.goldeneragames.com just to let millions of fans know that Grimoire is underway again.

The official new title of the game is "Grimoire Forever" and a new logo has been designed for the game.

Deep underground in a massive fortified complex be
Yes, but at no time has he said he doesn't like phased based games.

By your logic if someone asks for a FPS with aliens you would recommend a FPS with robots. Phased != Turn based.

By your logic if someone asks for a FPS with aliens you would recommend a FPS with robots. Phased != Turn based.
Hey - how about alien robots? They're cool too! ;)

So then, that' s a board warning for Dhruin for having no policy and a lifetime ban for Corwin for besmirching the honor of the Ghost of Christmas Dotted. Probably ought to hit that Mike guy with a warning just on general principle... So much moderation, so little time.

So by your logic most people see the difference between turn based and phase based the same way they see the difference between aliens and robots?;)

So by your logic most people see the difference between turn based and phase based the same way they see the difference between aliens and robots?;)

No.

Between Automatons and Robots. ;)

(Ever played Syberia ? ;) )

I put up a new splash screen at www.goldeneragames.com just to let millions of fans know that Grimoire is underway again.

The official new title of the game is "Grimoire Forever" and a new logo has been designed for the game.

Hey Cleve, phone me man, or email me whatever and let me know what's been happening. I was down Robina way yesterday!!

I liked Syberia quite, although everything looks a bit empty and later a bit ... surrealistic, as I call it.

I have played into the middle of part 1 (it's two games, actually, here already available in a kind of "deluxe" version), and I liked the level of detail.

I didn't like that much messing around with Automatons, but they definitively give the game a certain unique touch.

The animations of the main protagonist are the far smoothest I have ever seen (please remember that I can't play much newer games due to my old PC and no money to upgrade it so far).

If you like a peaceful, "slow" game (no action ! :D ;) ) with decent riddles, then this might be your case. :)

You have all the time in the world for solving these riddles - that's why I like adventures in general - you can abandon the game and come back to any other point. :)

That's my personal opinion. My only complaint is that everything looks a bit "empty", and that real NPCs (apart from the protaginist(s) ) are really rare, imho.

The story was quite nice, too, in my opinion. :)

syberia was a great adventure game, though not on the level of the longest journeys. pick up the compliation if you can as it's basically one game, with the second part seemingly much shorter.

syberia was a great adventure game, though not on the level of the longest journeys. pick up the compliation if you can as it's basically one game, with the second part seemingly much shorter.

I actually play both games to feel that i've played one full game...but very good game indeed

Back
Top Bottom