RPGWatch Feature - The Aielund Saga Review

I don't know why I never played this. Maybe I did and I couldn't get past the intro module.

I'll have to try it again. I usually played monks but I had a theoretical build Half-Orc/Red Dragon Disciple - I think it was a Barbarian - some crazy combination of of flying fear mongers. I also did a Dwarf/RDD combo of sorts where it had ridiculous constitution.

Hope you will give it a go - it is a great module :) Interesting character builds there! As I said, I'm not too good with combat so I tend to stick to safer/well known/easy to play builds.

Anyone played Bastard or Kosigan here? Would be good to have more inside opinion on series of mods like this.

Anyone played Bastard or Kosigan here? Would be good to have more inside opinion on series of mods like this.

I'm yet to play Bastard of Kosigan - I heard it's quite buggy. Again, Lilura's got installation guide and walkthrough (I don't think she finished the whole game though): https://lilura1.blogspot.com.au/2015/12/exile-of-west-part-i_26.html

Yes, would love to see more reviews on NWN modules - it's really helpful to make a decision whether the module is for you (especially since there are soooo many Hall of Fame modules). I think while back there was a thread to post opinions on NWN modules, but most of impressions were quite short.

I also would love to see more walkthroughs too - I remember giving up on a few when I got stuck (sometimes it's a bug but you have no way of telling whether you screwed up or not). Again, another reason you should play The Aielund Saga - now you have a review, installation guide, walkthrough available and the module is still receiving a support :p Go play it!!!

Last edited:
Hope you will give it a go - it is a great module :) Interesting character builds there! As I said, I'm not too good with combat so I tend to stick to safer/well known/easy to play builds.

What skills do recommend taking?

By now, you have to have played my mod :)

What skills do recommend taking?

By now, you have to have played my mod :)

I've put quite a bit of points in persuasion skill to see what dialogue options can be unlocked - but then I always like playing a persuasive character. I strongly recommend you take resist knock down - this is very handy towards the end game.

Sorry, I am still struggling to push forward with The Witcher 3 so I haven't had a chance to play your module… I'm a slow player :(

Can you give a quick run down of what should be expected from your module?

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/girl-ill-humour

From the descriptions above, it's focused on puzzle solving? But what do you mean by puzzle solving? Do I need specific skills (persuasion etc)? What level is suitable? It says minimum level 12 but looks like some people played much higher level (lv 21 monk?), so from what level is it too overpowered?

Last edited:
Interesting read, thanks. I never actually played this, but it seems I should the next time I feel like playing NWN.

This is an excellent review. The next time I fire up NWN I'll be looking into downloading and playing this, thanks.

This is an excellent review. The next time I fire up NWN I'll be looking into downloading and playing this, thanks.

Thanks :) I was a little nervous doing this review, thought it won't get much views since its an old game but glad I worked on it after all!

I've put quite a bit of points in persuasion skill to see what dialogue options can be unlocked - but then I always like playing a persuasive character. I strongly recommend you take resist knock down - this is very handy towards the end game.

Sorry, I am still struggling to push forward with The Witcher 3 so I haven't had a chance to play your module… I'm a slow player :(

Can you give a quick run down of what should be expected from your module?

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/girl-ill-humour

From the descriptions above, it's focused on puzzle solving? But what do you mean by puzzle solving? Do I need specific skills (persuasion etc)? What level is suitable? It says minimum level 12 but looks like some people played much higher level (lv 21 monk?), so from what level is it too overpowered?

Its a puzzler in the sense of fetch quests. You are given tasks to complete - that is - save the girl in ill humour.

There's combat in between to keep you entertained. High teens, low twenties I think would work. The only real complaints I got are from the lack of diversity in the shops - mainly the repetition of the greeting. One of the giants may be invisible too due to an engine/timing error. Most people didn't get that though, including me, but I know how to fix it so it never happens - I just didn't implement it for some reason.

So I was away for a few days and couldn´t play but now I have completed the first chapter and begun the second.

I have a lot of problems with the game but I suspect all of them stems from the game itself not the module.
I hate that there is no autopause options, that I can´t control my companions directly, that I´m not familiar with the rules and that it´s rtwp

So far I really like like the campaign although I have had to lower the difficulty to normal and cheese it at the end fight of ch 1 with easy

I´ve decided to keep playing my good hearted rouge who wants to get in to high society. She sort of wants to be a femme fatale but are a bit too nice and perhaps too much bluster.

So I was away for a few days and couldn´t play but now I have completed the first chapter and begun the second.

I have a lot of problems with the game but I suspect all of them stems from the game itself not the module.
I hate that there is no autopause options, that I can´t control my companions directly, that I´m not familiar with the rules and that it´s rtwp

So far I really like like the campaign although I have had to lower the difficulty to normal and cheese it at the end fight of ch 1 with easy

I´ve decided to keep playing my good hearted rouge who wants to get in to high society. She sort of wants to be a femme fatale but are a bit too nice and perhaps too much bluster.

Yes, all those stems from NWN unfortunately - there is certainly limitations with engine which can be annoying. As Thrasher suggested, please try out Tony's AI mod, I think this is where you can download it:

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/hakpak/original-hakpak/henchman-inventory-battle-ai-mod

I haven't tried it myself but smarter AI/more control on henchman sounds good. Thrasher - how much of control do we get over henchman with this mod? The description on the page says it improves henchman AI rather than letting players control them more directly?

Anyway, hope you are having a blast with your good hearted rogue! :)

I believe that it is already included in one of the files you need to run the module

I´m not sure but someone in her comments claimed that it was so
Perhaps it is a part of one of the hak-packs

Back
Top Bottom