RPGWatch - News Posters Wanted

This sounds very interisting.
Pitty that I don't found great stuff that is already usually around o the site :p
otherwise this would be the perfect opportunity to finally deliver a contributuion to this site after all this years of roaming.

Sadly I doubt I am the right person for it

Why not ask and do it.
If they find you lacking in certain aspects, I'm sure they'll try and give you hints and pointers.
This is not a job. It's a place of hobby.
There are no stakeholders that demand an increasing earnings per share every trimester…

But one thing is for sure : Do or do not, there is not try! :lol:

Having Desslock would be awesome to the max. But wasn't it PC Gamer not CGW?
Both, I'm pretty sure. It would certainly be great to have him around! (Though I might need to start wearing a filter mask. I know this place is digital and all but, between him AND Joxer puffing away, better safe than coughing. ;))

Now PC Gamer has this column called the Spy - I used to hate hate hate it until this month when he (the spy) revealed the IP for No One Lives Forever (NOLF) has been purchased and the games should be back in the market place. With perhaps a sequel to look forward to.
That's been a fun column for years! It was so sad when his horse died....

Not to be a prick but I guess I'm the only one enjoying the recent decrease in white noise.

Not me. I think couch has done an outstanding job and really like the variety of news. If there is a subject I'm not interested in… I just don't click the link. Pretty simple really.

I hope our potato man is doing alright, and returns soon.

Peace out.

Not me. I think couch has done an outstanding job and really like the variety of news. If there is a subject I'm not interested in… I just don't click the link. Pretty simple really.

Peace out.

+ 1

Druihn missing, Couch missing ... are aliens out there that are capturing our news-guys? :)

I got the sense that Couch was feeling highly frustrated due to the criticism he was receiving or perceiving?

I'm very happy with Couch - and I think he's been a great news poster. That said, I wouldn't want anyone doing it if they can't handle the frustration. I knew I wouldn't want to do it, that's for sure.

So, if people are considering contributing - I hope they know what they're getting into. People are not exactly known for their ability to put themselves into the shoes of others. Well, many are - but many obviously aren't.

I'm a big fan of a wide variety of news - but maybe there should be a vote or something about a way to distill all these articles, or did we already do that?

Finding news isn't that difficult if you open whole collections of links at once.

The time consuming thing is writing the newsbit. A simple PR newsbit can be done in 2 minutes, but things like a review overview can take half an hour.

What would help us a lot is 3-5 news posters who post 3 short newsbits every day - 6 days per week. This would take a lot of load off of Couch.
Again, we're talking about sharing the base work. Posting 3 simple newsbits and then stop. This frees time for Couch to post about the more interesting stuff.

Peace out.

+1

I loved that he posted even some tangentially related RPGs (like some in the adventure or strategy genre)

Maybe he just needs an vacation from The Watch ? For playing D:OS, for example ? :D

Sorry guys I had a personal problem to deal with, and on top of that my video card fried my motherboard. Just a bad week for me actually.

Luckily I have built another one with parts from my older PC's, but I still can't play any new games till I buy another expensive video card.:'(

So Kostas sorry to say you will still have to put up with my white noise. For the rest of you it's nice to see not everyone hates what I post.:thanks:

Good luck and all the best in real life, Couch!

I can recommend the 1 year old Zotac 660 ti Amp - it's a really great card and you should get it cheap these days for ca. 130 Euro (used) and 200 Euro (new).

Good luck and all the best in real life, Couch!

I can recommend the 1 year old Zotac 660 ti Amp - it's a really great card and you should get it cheap these days for ca. 130 Euro (used) and 200 Euro (new).
I was looking at a Zotac 760 4GB version for $200.

The only thing I hate is due to coin miners both Nvidia & AMD cost to much.:disappointed:

I was looking at a Zotac 760 4GB version for $200.

The only thing I hate is due to coin miners both Nvidia & AMD cost to much.:disappointed:

The Zotac 760 costs ca. 230-240 Euro = 315-330 Dollar here in Germany.

The Zotac 760 costs ca. 230-240 Euro = 315-330 Dollar here in Germany.
I have an amazon gift card otherwise the card will cost $246.99-$300.00 depending on who you buy it from. I was looking at a new AMD card but they are marked up to high.

I prefer the news to stick to computer role playing games, but I've gotten over it ;)

I prefer the news to stick to computer role playing games, but I've gotten over it ;)
Most of my news is I just cover a few games that are not. Some of the others just have RPG elements. Anyway I'm hardly an RPG purist so it doesn't bother me.

But I do understand crpgnut as Joxer said my tastes differ than most on this site.;)

Back
Top Bottom