Shroud of the Avatar - Garriott Sells Real Blood

I wonder what will be the market price for the precious bodily fluids of Richard Garriott. Will it be more or less than the $12000 he charges for a virtual castle?

So the development of shroud of the avatar seem to has gone so bad (and I am sure that they know that) that they are now literally selling their blood!

At least its not virtual!

If someone would tell me that Garriott was abducted by aliens in his space trip and now is controlled by crazy alien parasite, I would respond that this crazy story sounds more normal than what Garriott is really doing. :roll:

I think this one is a shoe in for 'weirdest gaming story of the year'.
Yeah, strange stuff. I thought William Shatner putting his kidney stone up for auction was a bit odd, but this one tops it.
No, that's definitely weirder.

I wonder what will be the market price for the precious bodily fluids of Richard Garriott. Will it be more or less than the $12000 he charges for a virtual castle?

Back in the days when I could donate blood,, I got around 5 GBP for 450 ml.

pibbur who sadly can't donate blood anymore.

I heard it's only the beginning of a series, where they will be selling off all 8 of Richard's virtues. After blood they will follow up with vials containing: sweat, tears, snot, earwax, urine, stool, and semen.

You get free furniture for your house in Shroud of the Avatar if you can collect 'em all.

I heard it's only the beginning of a series, where they will be selling off all 8 of Richard's virtues. After blood they will follow up with vials containing: sweat, tears, snot, earwax, urine, stool, and semen.

You get free furniture for your house in Shroud of the Avatar if you can collect 'em all.

And bile, spinal fluid, lymph. Secretions from pathological processes, like pus from an abscess.

pibbur who prefers to keep most of his bodily fluids for himself.

He should sell it to a hospital. IMHO. There, it might even have its positive side when used when someone injured was losing too much blood.

Of course it is. The question is how far down you want to go to get some attention. Apparently he's willing to do a lot.

Selling his blood reeks of yet another money-grabbing ploy... par for the course of this entire kickstarter. From day 1 the messaging of SotA has played like a really bad infomercial. Every single one of their updates includes up front some kind of ploy for yet more money. Very disappointed by the ultimate direction this game has taken and the snake-oil salesman vibe of this entire thing. Lost some respect for a person I once had quite a bit of respect for. Ultima began as a love for making games first. Clearly, he loves making money first now, without a doubt.

Geez official confirmation that one of my heroes has truly lost his mind. Can we have the 80s/90s Garriot back?

Win the auction for the blood. Use the DNA to produce a clone... In about 20 years, you can literally have the 80's Richard Garriot back.

Win the auction for the blood. Use the DNA to produce a clone… In about 20 years, you can literally have the 80's Richard Garriot back.

problem is there is no DNA in blood.

Well I was planning on staying away for much longer than this but when I read this I had to comment.

just found out you were gone. I see that Sacred_Path's account is closed now too.

Last edited:

Err, not true. It's in white blood cells.

I think the real problem with my plan is that no human being has ever successfully been cloned… That we know of, anyway.

Not to mention, who wants to raise a child who will insist on being called "Lord British"?

Not to mention, who wants to raise a child who will insist on being called "Lord British"?

Hehe.

I wonder what will be the market price for the precious bodily fluids of Richard Garriott.

Having flown in space with the formerly Communist Russians, I'm sure Garriott understands there is no more-valuable commodity.

Personally, I only drink rainwater and pure-grain alcohol. I suggest you all do the same.

At least he isn't selling a sampler pack of his bodily humors...

But maybe that's in the expansion set?

just found out you were gone. I see that Sacred_Path's account is closed now too.

Where is everyone going?

I consider than he committed suicide with Ultima VIII, anyway.
Another awesome British creator who never managed to handle fame, money and bigger teams. Sadly.

Back
Top Bottom