Single-Player Games Are 'Finished'

I don't think single player games are finished but I do think well crafted longish single player games are in the decline for sure.

I prefer a single player game to an online game mostly because its very easy for me to pass way to much time online without realizing it. To many times I was in a mmorpg and next thing I knew it was 12 hours later. I just don't want to do that anymore. Single player I don't have a problem setting it down for days at a time.

Anyway, I think and hope there will always be a viable market for good single player games out there. I think that market is shrinking some but I also think as time goes by that more and more people will get tired of mmorpgs.

I don't think single player games are finished but I do think well crafted longish single player games are in the decline for sure.

I prefer a single player game to an online game mostly because its very easy for me to pass way to much time online without realizing it. To many times I was in a mmorpg and next thing I knew it was 12 hours later. I just don't want to do that anymore. Single player I don't have a problem setting it down for days at a time.

Anyway, I think and hope there will always be a viable market for good single player games out there. I think that market is shrinking some but I also think as time goes by that more and more people will get tired of mmorpgs.

I don't mind the online aspect so long as my ability to enjoy the game is independent of other people and I can start and stop as needed. I'm told guild wars is sort of like that, but I have never tried it.

So some people are okay with miltiplayer and shorter singplayer campaigns then? I dont like buying a game that has a 5 hour campaign and you must play online to get all the options he game offers.

So a final question what should be the ideal length of a singleplayer game then?

The ideal length? From the player's point of view? Whatever my remaining lifespan is. But I'll settle for 40 hours if you threaten to fillibuster all games about to be published.

Back
Top Bottom