Skyrim - 6Gb HDD Space Explained

Not to mentione if you want to be a real journalist in russia it is extremly dangerous and risky.

I doubt that. I'd say there are far more "hardcore" RPG players here than on most forums out there, people here will not care about such things, some will however complain about other things (that relates to gameplay). That is my prediction ;)

Combat. Mostly definitely combat.

With Radiant….ai/system/quest/whatever coming in a close second or maybe even first.

I'm actually a little curious about this radiant story. That might actually work out or at the very least cause some interesting (and hopefully funny as hell) things to happen.

Last edited:
how can you have morals but be responsible towards no-one—that's probably the definition of amoral.

I really don't mean to intrude on your debate, but this is most definitely untrue. It might be your understanding of what is moral, but that does not mean it is right. And if the understanding is what you're debating, then you're debating politics and not morality.

Comparison of 360 and PC files.

Looks like at least a few of the textures will have higher resolution, some meshes probably have more polys as well since that archive is twice as big. Also nice to see that the shader archive is bigger for PC.

That looks really interesting, 400 MB more for textures, and 800 MB more for meshes... could it be they are using higher res meshes and because of that needing less high-res normal maps and such a things?

Higher res meshes? Aren't we talking about meshes with more polygons?

Likely, that's because the PC can handle it, and will ultimately result in more detailed actor models, both in terms of mesh and textures.

Well, that would be my assumption - anyway.

The difference in the sounds folder is rather impressive...

The texture size comparison looks a bit promising at least. On top of that you can probably add Optional Anti Aliasing and some other touches?

Now I am just hoping stealth is well implemented. I think shadows count? Unlike DX:HR - they did not in that did they?
DX:HR rewarded sneaky behaviour, it remains to be seen if Skyrim does, otherwise it will be easier just to slip back into noisy brawler.

PC, Ultra Setting? it appears quite obvious I was right. That looks really bad. I don't think jpeg compression can excuse it.

Servicable ... Apparently its very atmospheric which is all I am after.

the textures? …and bad compared to which other PC game?

anyways.. the game will look a lot better in a 6 months

How about The witcher 2, rage, or battlefiled 3 and not just a little better.

Anyway what are the source of those screens? I doubt they are on ultra setting of the PC version, I've seen better looking screens than that in the reviews.... maybe he really used very heavy compression of those screenshots ?

Rage got a lot of complaints for the textures. Witcher 2 was a PC-only title and it would've been a bit strange if it didnt look better than a port.

Worse than BF3, yes, you could say that to all current games, so that's a no-brainer.. You must have out-of-this-world expectations for this game GG ;)

The JPG images were all on "high", i took a look in PS.. But yeah those were on Ultra, they're from a person who's reviewing the game, whom i trust too.

I have the game in an hour, so i'll post my own screens then.

Back
Top Bottom