Stardew Valley - Review @ IGN

This is a cozy game, in my opinion. Haven't played since I bought it a few years ago, though. It's the only farming/life sim I enjoyed for a bit longer, but I still grew bored after 20 hours if I remember correctly. The unlocks were interesting at first, but the changes in game play were often minimal. Just something new to grow/fish/collect and sometimes in a slightly new way.

To me this is a better mobile game than most. Easy, slow gaming where one can relax and quit at any time. No commercials, no microtransactions. Just easy, cozy gaming.

Easy, slow gaming where one can relax and quit at any time. No commercials, no microtransactions. Just easy, cozy gaming.

SV isn't really my cup of tea, but I like ARPGs and strategy RPGs for the same reasons!

Been meaning to play this but never do. :unsure:

Oh well might someday if newer games don't stop me.

I tried Stardew Valley once upon a time and I remember having a good time, but I realized that more than having fun, I was caught in a loop trying to keep the farm from falling into abandon. The game does a good job and creating a bond between the player and the farm to the point that you feel you can't let it go.

At some point, the only reason that caused me to want to keep playing was that I felt it was a shame to let the lettuces rot instead of harvesting them. But then you have to plant new lettuces, then water them, then pick them up again, creating a farming addiction loop that never ends, and that's in a nutshell why farming simulator addiction loops don't work for me.

It's a good game to kill time for people with nothing better to do, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom