Sudden mysterious pain that goes away

Arkadia7

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
Have you ever had this happen? It was bizarre, the other day, I was walking and felt a sharp pain right around my right knee. It was pretty searing, and I had no idea where the hell it came from. I haven't tripped lately, or bended my knee wrong, or twisted my ankle. Literally, I had no clue why this pain happened. Or anything like that. And it was bad enough that I started literally hobbling to take pressure off my right leg as I walked. And I have a very high pain threshold, but it was hurting to the point that I had to take notice.

I swear, it was like I had sprained my knee or twisted it real bad, that is how intense it seemed. But again, nothing of the kind happened.

Anyway, the rest of the day I took it easy, went to bed, and when I woke up the pain in my leg had disappeared completely! No pain at all, and could walk totally normally again. This weird pain had vanished as mysteriously as it came…I'm getting older and so on, but damn, this was a head scratcher!

Yep I know that pain sounds like early arthritis or a pulled ligament.

Or to put it another way tendinitis.
Tendinitis is inflammation or irritation of a tendon — the thick fibrous cords that attach muscle to bone. The condition causes pain and tenderness just outside a joint. While tendinitis can occur in any of your tendons, it's most common around your shoulders, elbows, wrists, knees and heels.
I would make a doctor appointment to get it checked.

Oh man, don't scare me too bad! I am ok with "tendinitis" but don't want anything else that sounds too ominous...:biggrin:

Oh man, don't scare me too bad! I am ok with "tendinitis" but don't want anything else that sounds too ominous?:biggrin:
Yep my knees are shoddy but my mother is worse she has to get two knee replacements due to arthritis. If it's tendinitis you only have to worry about a Cortisone shot.

Took four people to hold me down just to inject that large needle in my knee.:sweatdrop:

As I see it, you stated the main problem in your first sentence; you were out WALKING. That's a dangerous activity. My wife broke her ankle once while out walking. Whenever I get the urge to do something reckless like walking, I lie down till the urge wears off!! :D

Well I always said long walks would eventually kill me.:biggrin:

Have you ever had this happen? It was bizarre, the other day, I was walking and felt a sharp pain right around my right knee. It was pretty searing, and I had no idea where the hell it came from.

I had something similar about six years ago. It was only occasional, but sometimes it almost had me in tears. Finally, I knelt down to give my kids a hug and my knee completely gave out. Excruciating pain, and I could no longer straighten my leg.

Ends up it was an ACL issue. It almost ruptured right where the ligament went over the knee and under the kneecap. I was on crutches for a few weeks, and it took me years before I fully got over it. I'd think it was fine and then it would give out again when I tweaked it during exercise. Even now, six years later, I'm very wary of it when I kneel down. Even though it's almost 100% there is something fragile about it.

If it keeps occurring, go see a doctor. Don't be a dumbass and wait until something cataclysmic happens, like I did.

I've had pains come and go in my knee over the past 20 years. It isn't frequent - i spend a lot of time outdoors and occasionally i push something out of whack. If the pain goes away in a week or two i would forget about it. If it reoccurs with a regular frequency than have a doctor check it or mention it next time you have a physical but for something that happens once every 3 or 6 months - i wouldn't worry too much…

The same thing happened to me about 3 months ago. Out of the blue climbing stairs and bending my knees became a difficult task. I thought this may be a side effect due to changing my cholestrol medication, but the doctor said this only affect muscle tissue rather than ligaments and joints. This is not going away so I am trying different things to find out why.

Sometimes, as we call it here, it's a "nerve jammed between the bones".
A friend of mine just got the diagnosis of a "bone" being there - which should not be there - at her heel, touching her hamstring so much that she had a lot of pain. She did not know where that had come from. (Words translated via dict.leo.org)

I would make a doctor appointment to get it checked.

Like the potato said.

Could be a lot of things, very rarely something dangerous. We at the wach can only guess. Call your doctor who probaby will order an MRI scan (very good at examining knees).

I wouldn't be particularly nervous if I were you.

pibbur who has occasionally similar pains in his left ankle, most likely due to an injury during what was to be his last volleyball match more than 30 years ago.

Thanks everyone. Really appreciate all the good advice and suggestions. Aw, shucks, you folks are all right in my book. :biggrin: Anyway, the pain hasn't returned since (fingers crossed) and I'm gonna certainly keep all the good advice in mind.

That said, I don't want health issues to start trending here on the right hand side as I know this is a pretty boring and dry subject, so I'll consider this thread closed. Thanks again! :)

Happened once in a decade or more? Misinterpreted info by pain receptors or brain, happens, ignore.

Happens every now and then, visit the doctor. And do not google for it.

Yeah, never google your symptoms. I "found out" I had cancer, malaria, was suffering through a heart attack, and that I'm pregnant (I'm a man).

Ah yes the old google your symptoms phase.:rotfl:

I agree don't do it as much of what you find just makes you more worried. One moment you think it's nothing goes to oh god I'm dying. Though the WebMD site is helpful.

Be other option is a ’floater’ in your knees, say a small piece of meniscus, that got caught as you were walking and then was freed after next movement and pain disappears. Hurts like hell at the time though. Unfortunately, I have first hand experience, see a doctor to see if dangerous.

Have you ever had this happen? It was bizarre, the other day, I was walking and felt a sharp pain right around my right knee. It was pretty searing, and I had no idea where the hell it came from. I haven't tripped lately, or bended my knee wrong, or twisted my ankle. Literally, I had no clue why this pain happened. Or anything like that. And it was bad enough that I started literally hobbling to take pressure off my right leg as I walked. And I have a very high pain threshold, but it was hurting to the point that I had to take notice.

I swear, it was like I had sprained my knee or twisted it real bad, that is how intense it seemed. But again, nothing of the kind happened.

Anyway, the rest of the day I took it easy, went to bed, and when I woke up the pain in my leg had disappeared completely! No pain at all, and could walk totally normally again. This weird pain had vanished as mysteriously as it came?I'm getting older and so on, but damn, this was a head scratcher!

I would need to know a lot more about you.

Diet

How active you are daily or weekly.

It could be as simple as you were dehydrated.

Your body could be to acidic. Side note to that disease can only live in acidic body. I drink organic lemon juice with warm water every morning at 5 am. A good way to to keep your body in a state.

If it isn't any of those things, Like the other day I had a slight strain in my upper chest after the gym that was painful but nothing was torn and was completely find by this morning(two days later).

So many things but if you are hydrated and not in an acidic state and you notice it coming back more. Go see your doctor would be the best advise.

Edited: if you don't eat greens vegs every day, get a greens and add it to the lemon water, it is gross tasting but....

Your body could be to acidic. Side note to that disease can only live in acidic body. I drink organic lemon juice with warm water every morning at 5 am. A good way to to keep your body in a state.

Utter nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom