Sword Coast Legends - News Update

I don't get the obsession of people with scoring everything in a 0-10 scale. Those scores make no sense and are completely subjective anyway.
Of course it's completely subjective and I'm doing this only to keep a little track record of my favorite hobby's activities.
And in case anyone needs a recommendation.
And for the RPGWatch GOTY of course. ;)

Lol 6.5… I don't bother with games that I would score so low.
Then you simply have another scale than me. By my personal definition the threshold is 5, which means that any game that's fun enough to spend my spare freetime with gets a 5.5 at least.

For me SCL is Fun/10. I don't get the obsession of people with scoring everything in a 0-10 scale. Those scores make no sense and are completely subjective anyway. I don't even know what score I'd give to SCL, I know I had 60 hours of fun with it.

Its because , Evelyn, "fun" and "having a ride" is one thing, real artistic value is another. Pretty much anything can carry *some* fun with it, but that doesn't mean anyone will remember this game in 2 years.

The fact I enjoyed the new Star Wars doesn't mean its any good. I had a blast in the theatre, but I still know its shit as a movie and refuse to pretend. Same goes for video games. Fun is not so hard to accomplish as is producing quality that's memorable

Fanboys that will accept anything with a DnD/TES/FO stamp on it have ruined the industry standard. Being a harsh critic is better for everybody, the players and the developers too. You obviously still have difficulties grasping this simple truth.

Last edited:
My son made me a macaroni sculpture thing many years ago so I'm all full in the " real artistic value" area.

I'll just play my games for fun, thanks.

Be my guest. That's why there will always be fanboys and fans, casuals and hard-core gamers, harsh critics and paid reviews.

I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Be my guest. That's why there will always be fanboys and fans, casuals and hard-core gamers, harsh critics and paid reviews.

I wouldn't have it any other way :)

Well said.
I disagree with you on this game, probably because I'm am not a big D&D player just an avid CRPG player and on that level I am having fun with it.

But yeah 'vive la différence' as far as opinions go.

For me SCL is Fun/10. I don't get the obsession of people with scoring everything in a 0-10 scale. Those scores make no sense and are completely subjective anyway. I don't even know what score I'd give to SCL, I know I had 60 hours of fun with it.

:flower::flower::flower:You score things however you want sweety pie:flower::flower::flower:.

If you care about providing potential paying customers with wholesome information then it's normally best to communicate in a method they understand. The third world war was fun/10 (nutter), Cracking rocks is fun/10 (sarcastic), My son/daughter's school play was fun/10 (delusional), see, its pretty darn useless…

Well, I'm sorry for people if they are out of a job, but SCL always struck me as a third-rate replica of an RPG, even from the initial marketing. The sort of game that ought to be given away free in a packet of cereal.

Ack. Sorry for the folk who've lost their jobs. SCL was just not what a lot of folk wanted sadly.

I checked the forums a bit earlier, doesn't look like they've commented on Rage of Demons yet. But yeah, probably not.

So I guess this mean the expansion won't be getting released?

Digital Extreme, the game co-dev (and publisher of the game), is supposed to take over and the console versions are still planned to release and Rage of Demons was supposed to release at the same time.

CP3 though, that's probably dead.

CP3 though, that's probably dead.

Oh dear, that won't go down well! There was a lot of 'rage' on the forums about the low emphasis placed on CP3 vs getting rage of demons and the console version out. Since I wasn't building campaigns, I'm not p'd off about that - would be nice if rage of demons was still released (for free to those of us who bought the game). I had fun with the SCL - even though I'm an avid DnD fan.

Community pack 3- more tiles sets, creatures and tools for DM's etc to build modules with (as fas as I understand it). A lot of people were really agitated by the fact that it had been put on hold while rage of demons was sorted out...

Ah ok. I can't say I care too much about that since I'm probably only going to play the single-player campaign. I'm surprised they didn't just include it with the expansion though.

I find a lot of the decisions made for this game mind boggling. I feel sad for the people out of a job, but whoever made certain decisions for this game had blinders on. If you're going to pay for the Dungeons and Dragons licence, you're doing so in the hope that the fans of that game will buy it. And if you're not going to implement the mechanics of that game, it goes without saying that you're going to alienate a lot of people. So why bother buying the licence? Its clear to me in the day and age of digital sales and reviews that if the first people who buy my games write bad reviews (the D&D fans), then I'm screwed. So why try to make the game appeal to the masses, who won't touch the game when they see the initial reviews? If you're going to implement a dungeon master feature and advertise it, how can you not let people customize their dungeons like a dungeon master would? I'll buy this when it falls under 10 euros, and it might be a decent crpg, but the people who made the marketing and design decisions obviously had no idea what their market audience wanted.

Exactly! Horrible desicion making.

Back
Top Bottom