Tech news

I think the Z80 is mostly adding some instructions to the 8080 set, with a few incompatibilities. But I agree, preferences can also depends on the assembler's syntax (and the tools!). For example, I can't stand the GNU assembly language because of all the % gibberish and inverted operands vs the official Intel syntax, but it's just a matter of habit.

The fact there were Pascal compilers on CPUs like Z80 and 6502 always amazes me. :)
My notions of required memory size have been completely biased by what today's executables are using. I think I couldn't get back to the mindset of the 80s and 90s, or estimate what was possible or not.
Turbo Pascal was a life safer when it came out - we've had the turbopascal topic already but It showed all those large moronic companies how to write a compiler. $$$ might make a market but knowledge makes the product.

Turbo Pascal was a life safer when it came out - we've had the turbopascal topic already but It showed all those large moronic companies how to write a compiler. $$$ might make a market but knowledge makes the product.
It was great, but the code produced by the Borland compilers was poorly optimized.

pibbuR isn't going to buy a new TV either.

"User Narayan B wrote in Microsoft's forum that the issue is the Hisense TV generating "random UUIDs for UPNP network discovery every few minutes." Windows, seemingly not knowing why any device would routinely do this, sees and adds those alternate Hisense devices to its Device Association Framework, or DAF. This service being stuffed full of attention-grabbing devices can hang up Task Manager, Bluetooth, the Settings apps, File Explorer, and more."

I learned programming with Turbo Pascal. It was my very first proigramming language - after a week at school where we learned to do a "guss the number" program in BASIC.
I programmed that in almost every programming language i ever learned afterwards - and I very strongly believe that such a "game" is the far best way to learn proigramming right after "Hello World" - mostly, because after finishing it, you'l have something you can have some sort of fun with ! ;)
( In a recent "beginner's programming" series of articles, a more serious oriented magazine was showing several different programming languages - and their "beginner's" program was to do a Fibonaccy thing ... I found that absolutely awful, because it has no real relevance in Real Life, imho. i man, who needs a Fibonaccy number sequence in daily life ??? )

Back
Top Bottom