The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Covers? Well then, here's one.
From Netflix movie titled Our Shining Days:

In another thread, a pibbur posted an image from a song on Peter Gabriel's So album. This also contains a favourite of mine.

Mercy Street

Eh? I struggle to think of many songs from Peter Gabriel that I found memorable. Off the top of my head, I can only remember Sledghammer and Shock the Monkey. Otoh, I really liked Genesis, and Land of Confusion is one of my favorite 80s songs.

Songs? The two you mention are somewhat decent, but where Gabriel really shined was in bringing new sounds into direct harmony with his splendid vocals. So, Birdy, and his live albums all have smashing good tracks on them, and from those it only leads up to Shaking the Tree and Passion, which are sincere masterworks. When Gabriel finally left Genesis, he soared into some new realms.

I do think he wrote some good tunes. I like the cover of Salisbury Hill by this lad, stripped down to an acoustic guitar arrangement.

The old man still has game. Remember hearing this song in the 80's.

Chris de Burgh - Lady in Red 2016

Right this moment I'm watching a concert premiering on you-tube, featuring U2 from 2015, one of their shows from Paris. This was the year prior to the time that saw them live last, and so far it's a fantastic show. The crowd is totally into it. =)

And of course, also listening!

Been hooked on Nim Vind for a while.

If you like Misfits-style 50's horror punk, you'll like his "music for outsiders" as he calls it.

Last edited:
I've been listening to this while i work - a mellow, really spiritual (for lack of a better term) sound at times. Really diggin' it.

Khruangbin

The official Radiohead channel has starting releasing new concerts, after about a ten month hiatus. Today's offering is from Coachella 2017, I wouldn't call it one of their better shows, yet it's still well worth listening to. I'm hoping at some point they might put up some of their earlier Coachella appearances, as the one from I think '04 was simply outstanding.

Back
Top Bottom