The TV Series discussion thread

Two other very good current SciFi series to check out are Dark Matter (Syfy channel and Netflix), a SciFi fantasy I've really enjoyed, and The Killjoys, another Syfy channel SciFi fantasy with good stories and acting.

__

I watched two of the three aforementioned shows for the first time tonight - The Expanse and Dark Matter.

The Expanse left a good first impression. It has great production values and decent acting. The events in the first episode already have me wanting to know more of the story. I'll probably watch the next few episodes this weekend.

I can't say the same about Dark Matter. I watched it immediately after watching TE, and it seemed cheesy by comparison. I didn't like any of the characters, and the cliché beginning didn't grab me at all. It felt like "Lost" in space, but not as interesting.

She should make a fine doctor!!! This has been a long time coming, and it makes perfect sense that the new person in charge of the show would bring someone that he's familiar with. She was excellent on Broadchurch, and I've no doubt she will wear the new mantle perfectly. Well done, BBC!

:thumb up: for this choice.
I love how she nailed her role in Broadchurch!
So many people still didn't watch Attack the Block, here's hope now they do.

Guess I'll have to watch Broadchurch now, always thought about it but it not being any sort of fantasy/sci-fi put me off.

I'm amazed that show is still alive :)

Then again, the Bold and the Beautiful is still running, too....

Some of the roles that stick out for me of Whittaker's are St. Trinian's, Attack the Block, and, of course, Broadchurch. She was also in an episode of Black Mirror, not one of my favourite episodes of that show, but certainly memorable.

I'm actually more interested in the new showrunner that's hired her. Ever since they rebooted it, I've severely disliked the style and the vision of the guys behind the show. If we've got the Broadchurch guy behind it, we might actually get something watchable. A female Doctor will help to shake it up, too, and so much the better.

I haven't bothered to watch last couple of seasons of this show. It was just boring the last time I saw it. Whittaker is good actress so she will make good doctor so will check out the new season but somehow I doubt it will be any good even with Broadchurch guy behind it.I think the show needs to move away from BBC and to new channel like HBO but we don't have anything like that here in UK.

Game of Thrones anyone?

Just watched the first episode of new season. Quite enjoyable - Arya was great, vicious little waif ;-) seems The Strain has has also started up again - really enjoyed it last season, except for that annoying child...hopefully he'll be vampire food this time around

Didn't watch the new GoT yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

I watched the first season of The Strain and wasn't impressed. Does it get significantly better after season 1?

There are things in the tv show that I pray never show up in the novels, but one exception to that would the opening scene from last nights episode. Knowing Martin, however, I'm quite certain that it will happen exactly the same way in the novel.

Yeah GoT kicked ass once again. The first minutes in particular were really satisfying to watch and put a big grin on my face. :)

Arya is a beast. ;)

The scenes that grabbed me the most was that opening and the sailing ships again. :)

Also best line of the episode:

“It’s my fucking luck I wind up with a band of fire worshippers.”

Back
Top Bottom