The TV Series discussion thread

Then go ahead and watch it, excellent series. I mean, dragons, magic, undead armies, giants, wars, gods meddling, it has it all for a RPG player :)

You forgot to add the most important RPG element it has.
Booooooooooooooobs!
:evilgrin:

The thrones television version barely holds a candle to the novels, but that's true of all of Martin's books. I expect to see the exact same thing when the Wild Card series makes its way to the telly. Should that ever occur, it needs to land on a platform like HBO, skinemax or showtime, imo.

Man you guys have a demanding taste. I admit that GoT is not perfect if you compare it to Martin's books, but it was expected that a tv series cannot match to such a rich fantasy novels. Yet the tv adaption is so much more entertaining than 90 % of the crap that goes on regular basis on tv. Plus it will take several years for Martin to finish his work. Besides aspects such as violence, sex and dark humour is why GoT has become so popular. For similar reasons, I kept watching Spartacus. :)

Finally found a show that I didn't give up on immediately.

Peaky Blinders.

I'm a big fan of the setting and Cillian Murphy - and the show itself is acceptable, so far. It's not amazing - but it's also not driving me away.

I've only seen 3 episodes so far, but I have a feeling it might evolve into something special.

Finally found a show that I didn't give up on immediately.

Peaky Blinders.

I'm a big fan of the setting and Cillian Murphy - and the show itself is acceptable, so far. It's not amazing - but it's also not driving me away.

I've only seen 3 episodes so far, but I have a feeling it might evolve into something special.

Agree that Peaky Blinders (Netflix) is very good series. Definitely recommend it. Watched all three seasons (6 one hour episodes per season). Stays very good throughout. Season 4 is in the works.

__

Season 4 is in the works.
And season 5, both were ordered in the package.

I skipped that series deliberately - a certain hipster friend of mine recommended it and I know he loves only chatmetodeath stuff. ;)

And season 5, both were ordered in the package.

I skipped that series deliberately - a certain hipster friend of mine recommended it and I know he loves only chatmetodeath stuff. ;)

Hmm… Don't know your history there. But Peaky Blinders is IMO a good series; good actors and acting, diverse and well presented historical settings, diverse plot lines, mystery, crime, deep characters, drama…

Happy to hear there are two more seasons in the works. Looking forward to same.

__

I just don't like historical that turns to be "historical". And I don't like drama as I have plenty of that in RL.

Other stuff you mentioned I do adore: diverse plot lines, mystery, crime, deep characters - and am currently following a rather exotic series Метод aka Method. If there were no certain cheesy scenes characteristic for russian cinema (awkward chase through woods for example) this thing would have been a masterpiece. Came close though.
One more thing, the story summary on imdb is partially misleading bullshit.

If this gem is not airing on some channel available in your area, it's available (legally) on youtube however without any subtitles, so if you don't speak russian, try with fan made subtitles. If there are any, when I say exotic it also means rather unknown outside of it's country of origin.
No, I don't speak russian, so don't look at me. If i did I'd translate this to english myself, it's that good. Yes I know grammar police would be on my trail after that... ;)

Last edited:
I just don't like historical that turns to be "historical". And I don't like drama as I have plenty of that in RL.

Other stuff you mentioned I do adore: diverse plot lines, mystery, crime, deep characters - and am currently following a rather exotic series Метод aka Method. If there were no certain cheesy scenes characteristic for russian cinema (awkward chase through woods for example) this thing would have been a masterpiece. Came close though.
One more thing, the story summary on imdb is partially misleading bullshit.

If this gem is not airing on some channel available in your area, it's available (legally) on youtube however without any subtitles, so if you don't speak russian, try with fan made subtitles. If there are any, when I say exotic it also means rather unknown outside of it's country of origin.
No, I don't speak russian, so don't look at me. If i did I'd translate this to english myself, it's that good. Yes I know grammar police would be on my trail after that… ;)

Will look for Метод aka Method. Don't speak or understand Russian; but can prolly find series with subs.

Many thanks.

__

New Stargate series in the works. I watched the whole Stargate SG1 and SG:Atlantis but stopped after one or two episodes in SG Universe. So now there'll be new series for Star Trek and Stargate, maybe we'll get a Firefly reboot :)

I never watched SGU. For the past few years SyFy didn't bother with reairing it so there. Meanwhile they did two reruns of the complete SG1 and Atlantis.

Sadly the new series will be some form of a prequel. Count me mildly interested, prequels are not something I care about besides while SG1 arcs got closure with d2dvd movies, Atlantis ended with something that could be called a huge cliffhanger but it could be used as a base for some future series. Sequels ofc.

New Stargate series in the works. I watched the whole Stargate SG1 and SG:Atlantis but stopped after one or two episodes in SG Universe. So now there'll be new series for Star Trek and Stargate, maybe we'll get a Firefly reboot :)

Everything old is new again

Someone should list all the sequels and reboots in the last few years

I guess this is a phenomenon that starts with Fuller House.

I'm kinda hoping Arya will pick up the mountain Clegane, use it to club Cersei to death, then chuck it up north, smacking Petyr and shattering his skull, then they all get together and have a barbeque. Reggae style. Oh yes, and the white fiends can come, but no snatching babies during the festivities!

Back
Top Bottom