The TV Series discussion thread

Yea, kinda looked as a proper hint to avoid ugly spoiler tags. :D

I feel sorry for Cersei. And this actress was a top choice to portray her.
Driven by sick grudge and extreme emotions, not smart enough to see what's utterly wrong, yet never stripped from power. And because of that power, noone really dared to tell give her what she deserves (to quote TW3 vid). She was never happy, she will never be happy and remains a trully sad creature.
All she ever wanted was not to be a stud mare. She just didn't know how.

Her motivation is to protect her children at all costs. But she is a terrible mother…
I'd say Arya left mainly because the Hound had outlived his usefulness. She also knows for a fact that she'd be better and safer without him, and he'd have no place on her journey across the sea. I don't think he would have lived long at all had he been with Arya for that trip.

She had intended to reunite with Jon Snow in the north, and the Hound may have eked out some payment from him. But I do think she wanted to rid herself of him in any case, even if the Hound could help her get to the wall. She has grown into becoming a loner, after the people she trusted failed to protect her (except for one), and her friends have left her.

EDIT: More glory for the series

Game Of Thrones Season Finale Becomes Most Pirated Show In History

EDIT: Hilarious Lena Headey / Jimmy Kimmel Parody

Last edited:
GoT done with? Let's hope so…

Has anyone watched Fargo on FX. Three episodes in and Billy Bob Thorton is great as a hit man.
A true masterpiece, a flawless gem, a musthave your home collection!
I dare to say it's even better than the masterpiece movie it's spinned off.
I'm buying DVD as soon as it's available and am already seeing Emmies raining on this show.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2802850/
If it's not available on a service you use, it will be soon, trust me, they want to have this in their catalogue. Grab it as soon as you can. It is worth every penny.

10/10

Thought Fargo was Netflix? Fargo is great yes, I like got more because there are so little polished fantasy series.

Stein does gets better. I consider it to be very average ATM. Thought I lost much information as I fell asleep during earlier will episodes

I've already mentioned Nowhere Boys.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2761354/
You remember, some aussie series Corwin refused to watch because were airing on some channel he despises for whatever reason. ;)

To watch or not? Depends.
The show is about 4 teenagers who's lives are turned upside down as after a bad weather noone recognizes them. And it's not sci-fi but fantasy (involves witchcraft). It's not kids' show but aims for the whole family. And it's pretty decent, you won't get annoyed with anything and all characters are likable.
If you're solo, honestly there is nothing spectacular so feel free to skip this. If however you need something enjoyable to watch with your kids, parents, relatives and neighbors without feeling awkward at any moment and still have some laughter, this is a perfect little show for that.

You may also play a platformer java game on the show site, IMO it's meh, but then again I just can't stand platformers any more so maybe you will like it. Happens that not just 4 boys had a misfortune but also some 5th kid is involved and is actually helping those in series (with items you'll drop through "wormholes").

-

And now I actually need help from watchers!
It happens that for the next season they're organizing a certain contest:
http://www.abc.net.au/abc3/rawr/challenge.html?id=4022439#whattodo
Create your Nowhere Boys-inspired short film for a chance to win a day on set - you'll get an inside look at how it's made and you might even end up on the show!

What gives?
Please guys, someone with a talent film something, send it on abc and help me to persuade Corwin to go there and appear in the show! Pretty please!

[EDIT]
Arrgh. Just seen the small letters:
Entry to the competition is open to all Australian primary and secondary school students.
Corwin can't compete. :(
And when it comes to that, neither can I… We both could if such contest was a couple of centuries ago.;)
There is only one thing left to say now:
abc is rubbish!!

And now I actually need help from watchers!
It happens that for the next season they're organizing a certain contest:
http://www.abc.net.au/abc3/rawr/challenge.html?id=4022439#whattodo

What gives?
Please guys, someone with a talent film something, send it on abc and help me to persuade Corwin to go there and appear in the show! Pretty please!

Oh man. Would I love to see Mr Corwin on TV!
I'm sure he'd never accept such a proposal not wanting us to count his wisdom wrinkles. ;) :excited:

Yea, a thought instantly appeared in my head while reading contest details. Not only that, I bet once they get him, they'd give him a proper fullsupport role for season 3.

Sadly it won't be possible. :(
Read the edited part of the post above.

In my youth I was on TV, but in those days it was all Black and White. :)

Pic (vid) or it didn't happen! :p

I bet he was so cuuuuuuute!!! :D

:pout:
Not just watch!

Hopefully you're talking about this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Utopia-Blu-ray-Alexandra-Roach/dp/B00B2OI0FU

I've written two posts in this thread about that show.
That price is a steal. It should be more expensive and still would be worth every penny.

Buy. Now.
Use the link, pay, wait for the delivery, upon receiving it lock all doors, turn off phones, watch it whole and then rest for a while because you won't feel normal.

The first season of Utopia is the show of this decade. It touches something you won't go into discussing even with your closest friend although it is very important topic. The discussion can turn into something very disturbing, just like this series presented - it's your subconscience that stops you from even thinking about it.
You should not watch Utopia with your family and make sure you won't be distracted by anything while watching it.

Not sure if the second season will keep the quality shocker. I just hope it will.

Last edited:
:pout:
Not just watch!

Buy. Now.
Use the link, pay, wait for the delivery, upon receiving it lock all doors, turn off phones, watch it whole and then rest for a while because you won't feel normal.

The first season of Utopia is the show of this decade. It touches something you won't go into discussing even with your closest friend although it is very important topic. The discussion can turn into something very disturbing, just like this series presented - it's your subconscience that stops you from even thinking about it.
You should not watch Utopia with your family and make sure you won't be distracted by anything while watching it.

Not sure if the second season will keep the quality shocker. I just hope it will.
I'll check it out, supposedly I can watch it in the tV station's web site using a VPN to connect to UK. Also HBO got the rights so they're making a US version of it. Don't know why US stations do that instead of just importing the series, it works just fine for Doctor Who and Downton Abbey.

Well, on the other hand there should be more episodes in HBO, one thing I hate about UK series is that they only make like 4-8 episodes/year.

This is also a good candidate for a "quality shocker".
Could be great in the end as Del Toro adores afterlife themes and I adore his presentation, but he's not the director so it can still go terribly wrong.

Well, on the other hand there should be more episodes in HBO, one thing I hate about UK series is that they only make like 4-8 episodes/year.
It's miniseries. Those are not supposed to have many episodes.
And it's not only in UK, I've posted above about Fargo that is USA miniseries (10 episodes) and is brilliant!

Has anyone watched Fargo on FX. Three episodes in and Billy Bob Thorton is great as a hit man.

For me it is a Golden Age for TV. Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, True Detective, Vikings, and now Fargo. Also, Homeland on Showtime. What a great time to be a nerd :)

Loved Fargo and what an ending for the season. Can't wait for season two along with True Detective. I have become an admirer of Martin Freeman between watching Fargo & Sherlock.

I watched The Leftovers on Sunday and was intrigued. It's a dark, depressing show, reminds me of a Bret Easton Ellis novel though it is adapted from one by Tom Perotta. My wife hated it.

I was so looking forward to The Last Ship because I like post-apocalypse stories. This was unwatchable and deleted from the DVR about halfway through. Dr. McSteamy (or McDreamy, who the hell cares?) is utterly unconvincing as a ship's captain. Bad bad bad. On the other hand, I am interested in reading the novel from which it was adapted.

I watched The Leftovers on Sunday and was intrigued. It's a dark, depressing show, reminds me of a Bret Easton Ellis novel though it is adapted from one by Tom Perotta. My wife hated it.

I was so looking forward to The Last Ship because I like post-apocalypse stories. This was unwatchable and deleted from the DVR about halfway through. Dr. McSteamy (or McDreamy, who the hell cares?) is utterly unconvincing as a ship's captain. Bad bad bad. On the other hand, I am interested in reading the novel from which it was adapted.
Funny, to me it was actually the opposite. I stopped the Leftovers mid-way through, didn't like it at all. The Last Ship on the other hand I found entertaining enough to keep watching.

Finally caught up on GoT. Been so long since I read the books now that I'm starting to forget the discrepancies between the show and the book! Absolutely love this show, the production quality is amazing.

Now getting caught up on Continuum season 3. This season has taken a turn for the strange, but I like it.

I really liked Fargo, even though i'm so sick of Freeman, i find him very tiresome to watch after a while. It's something with his extremely predictable expressions i think, there's like 3 of them; surprised, even more surprised and slightly nervous while at the same time a bit upset - repeat ad infinitum. It wasnt up there with True Detective, but still really great due to Billy Bob.

Watched the first episode of Last Ship. Absolutely dreadful, couldnt stand any of the lead actors, extremely unlikeable characters. I've had to be payed to watch something like this. I think i read somehwere Michael Bay was involved. Explains things.

Penny Dreadful. Started off really great but went downhill very fast. I like the setting, but didnt like most of the actors, the writing was shit too.

Doctor Who (2005). This is a series i've always wanted to get into. As a kid i watched the 60's version every now and then, it was good for a laugh + it's not like there was a lot to watch back then (80's). I liked the first 3 episodes, it's playful and childish in a good way, the 2 main characters are great. Hardly something spectacular, but a nice "feel good" show it seems.

Mountain Men, watched 1 episode. I dont know, it was so incredibly jerky, back and forth between too many people. Nah.

Naked and Afraid. Just took a random episode. Hmm its hard to tell how much is real in this show. It's also far too compressed (21 days in 40 mins or whatever). First it was day 1 then 2 weeks later, then day 21.

Doctor who becomes utterly fantastic after season 1 with David. One of the few shows at the top of my list

Doctor who becomes utterly fantastic after season 1 with David. One of the few shows at the top of my list

indeed, like I said, first time I tried it, I abandoned it after the first DVD (first 4 episodes). Years later I tried it again since it was in Netflix streaming… turned me into a total Whovian. I don't remember well, but I think somewhere between seasons 2 and 3 (blame David Tennant for that) is when it grabbed me for good.

Back
Top Bottom