The TV Series discussion thread

I finished the Fallout season. I liked it overall. It really did away with the things I didn't like initially. Episodes 4-8 were all solid.

I'm not sure how I feel about one significant plot element that was unveiled, that has consequences to the very origin of Fallout.
They reveal that the corporations that were planning the vaults and the experiments, might've actually colluded to instigate the dropping of the nukes.
That's a bit too out there. I'd expect corporation to do a lot of exploitative things but I really don't see them actually starting nuclear war. That would be kind of stupid.

Anyway, besides that it's been good. I enjoyed it.

Finished 3 Body Problem. Last couple of episodes were decent despite the implausibility of it all. I'd probably check out the second season if they do it. I'm not confident it gets renewed though.

If you are a fan of the Northern Ireland show "Hope Street" (light drama centered around pub and police station), Britbox has the second half of season 3 up. They've upped some of the drama in this season with IMO mixed results ... but still enjoying it.

Finished 3 Body Problem. Last couple of episodes were decent despite the implausibility of it all. I'd probably check out the second season if they do it. I'm not confident it gets renewed though.
I thought the same when I saw the last episodes, which made me wonder if I was overcritical before. I listed a few of the things that were hard to swallow on Reddit, asking if it came from the books or if it was from the series, and someone replied there were plot holes in the books, too, although a couple of mysteries were explained by the sophons being able to bring devices on Earth (if I understood correctly). FWIW.

I watched the third episode of Fallout last night and I believe part of my issues with the show are that while I enjoy following the exploits of Hank, Norm, Cooper and Wilzig I find myself detesting both Lucy and Maximus. Lucy seems utterly incompetent to me while Maximus is a cowardly murderous thug at best. And now it seems Wilzig will only be present as a piece of movable luggage, unless that changes further into the show. To my point about Lucy, at least half a dozen folk have remarked on how she stands out as a Vault Dweller, which immediately made me wonder why she didn't effect a disguise of some sort. As for Maximus, well, his every action so far seems deplorable. And Hank has all but vanished from the show, I hope he gets a few episodes to shine in at some point. The ongoing explanation of Cooper's backround is good and helpful, while Norm's journey at the Vault is pretty intriguing right now.

I was fine with Lucy as the Vault Dweller. She was charming. I maybe had a feeling similar to yours at the start of it, but she grew into it. The fish-out-of-water archetype.

I saw the first episode of The Gentlemen. Pretty solid. The series format really benefits it, with the extra time to establish characters.

Last night I watched the fourth episode of Fallout and, praise first, no sign of Maximus, that alone is a win! I'm still no fan of Lucy yet, by the end of the hour it seemed she'd finally figured out maybe it's time to effect a disguise. The back round of Cooper and Norman's plight in the vault are the two threads that are still going strong for me, right now I still consider this show average at best. Maybe those not familiar with the game franchise would feel better about it, then again why would they even be watching.

We finished season 4 of Spartacus last night. We both loved it. Julius Caesar being sort of Roman uber-ninja was interesting. Just as all seasons were, three and four were a little silly. Still great though, as was the ending battle. They really toned all the penis down midway through season 4 which was a nice change of pace.

Next we'll try Fallout. I have a good guess she won't like it and I'll have to watch it on my own like with Halo, Expanse, and Foundation. I can't see not liking it after seeing the commercials. I really hope I like it.

I'm 6 episodes into Fallout now, and I'm still not feeling it much. It was cool to see some familiar locations in the last couple of episodes like Super-Duper Mart and Shady Sands, but it's not enough for me.

Of the three main characters, I only like Cooper Howard to any degree. I find Lucy annoying most of the time, and Maximus is about as uninteresting as could be.

I finished Fallout yesterday. I thought it was OK.

Today I watched Ronja The Robber's Daughter. Found it a bit slow paced at first perhaps but ended up really liking it. I will definitely watch the next 6 episodes when they're released later this year.

I have been watching the 3 Body Problem. As others have said, there's nothing really scientific about, but it's good entertainment for me.
I like some of the actors - especially some of the main ones, so that makes it an easy watch for me. I'm on episode 7 right now, will probably finish tonight.

I binge watched the 3 body problem since I loved the books. The books are better, but I agree that the sophons are hard to believe. Cool idea though. And that final scene for judgement day was pretty horrifying.

I caught an episode of Spooks last night that had elements of Manchuria in it, with a branch of internal M-five blokes that were attempting to clear up an old mess from years before. The head architect/villain of this affair escaped at the conclusion yet I'm hopeful we'll see a resolution to this disturbing tale at some point.

Finished Fallout. I was hoping my opinion would change before the end, but it didn't. I found it mildly entertaining at best. At least I know where the second season is going to take place.

Finished Fallout. I was hoping my opinion would change before the end, but it didn't. I found it mildly entertaining at best. At least I know where the second season is going to take place.
I very much enjoyed Norm and his whole story arc. He quickly became my favorite side character.

The Vault 31-32-33 subplot was one of the more interesting parts.
The flashback's were also some of the more engaging moments, weirdly enough.
But I did not enjoy the strong hinting at the fact that maybe Vault-Tec started the war. That's kinda stupid.

Back
Top Bottom