Theseus: Journey to Athens - New Demo & Video

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new demo and video is available for Theseus: Journey to Athens.

NEW DEMO RELEASED 12/22: https://antiquity-games.itch.io/thes...rney-to-athens

Strap on Theseus' sandals and help him explore his birthplace, Troezen. The demo ends when you set out for Athens; the full game will be available in January for under $10 and has approximately 3 times the content.

Major updates to the old demo from 5~ months ago:
- New art assets
- Original soundtrack
- Improvements to gameplay mechanics/interface

More information.

Anything Greek I spot in RPGs, I RUN.

Run towards it, or flee in terror? Hellenophobia is pretty rare, but I guess I also get wary when I see Greek stuff in major games. There's only so many times I can see the myths and history butchered.

The goal of this project is to do well by the primary source material, though, so there won't be any dual-wielding spartan ninjas fly kicking an eight-armed Zeus off Mt. Everest into the mouth of a kraken.

Last edited:
...so there won't be any dual-wielding spartan ninjas fly kicking an eight-armed Zeus off Mt. Everest into the mouth of a kraken.

Sounds like you've got your DLC all lined up. :p

giphy.gif

Spartan ninjas fly kicking.:biggrin:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Spartan ninjas fly kicking.:biggrin:

giphy.gif

And here's the Kraken…

4th c. BCE
P28.3Ketos.jpg

Fearsome sea-dragon, I can include this in my game.

1981 Clash of the Titans
kraken.jpg

Wait what is that thing? A giant four-armed fish-man?

2010 Clash of the Titans
4197085481_faf747bc30_o.jpg

Now the winged-sandals aren't good enough, Perseus is riding Pegasus into battle? Is the Kraken an octopus or a giant fish-man?

*flips table*

Finally launched the Steam page!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/983640/Theseus_Journey_to_Athens/

Very proud moment. Now, I have to figure out how to upload builds to Steam. Thankfully there's a long weekend coming up here in the States.

If you are looking forward to this release, please take a moment to place Theseus: Journey to Athens on your wishlist. I understand that for small Indie titles like this, it's a very important thing for the Steam algorithms.

That's an easy thing to do, so I put it on my wish list. The next lull I have between games, I plan on checking out the demo. Please keep the information coming on this project, as I'm looking forward to it!

Back
Top Bottom