Torment: Tides of Numenera - Early Access

Sorry, but I can't fathom why ANYONE would PAY to play a Beta!!!!
Well you can't deny it's a fantastic business model. Unfortunately, the quality of the Q&A, which is after just a bunch of people running around, suffers compared to real, paid testers.

Sorry, but I can't fathom why ANYONE would PAY to play a Beta!!!! I've played and tested lots of betas and usually received a FREE copy of the game as a reward and thank you for being an unpaid tester. The idea of actually paying extra to play a buggy beta leaves me speechless. I look forward to enjoying this game when it's released, but until then I have way too many other unfinished games to play!! :)

Why do people "back" a game for $1000 or more? Are the rewards worth it? Not really... People who have too much money (and never spend skill points on barter) and like "exclusive" things waste their money on stupid stuff. And developers with high intelligence rolls know that, and if they have the right "perk" they will gladly take their "loot."

Why do people "back" a game for $1000 or more? Are the rewards worth it? Not really… People who have too much money (and never spend skill points on barter) and like "exclusive" things waste their money on stupid stuff. And developers with high intelligence rolls know that, and if they have the right "perk" they will gladly take their "loot."

How much is too much money? so I know when I can retire.;)

Art styles and budgets don't have anything to do with the year as far as I know.

True, but hardware and graphic api's improves over the years, this game looks a bit outdated already in my opinion, after all it's a 5mill$ game.

I agree with you both.

Why do people "back" a game for $1000 or more? Are the rewards worth it? Not really… People who have too much money (and never spend skill points on barter) and like "exclusive" things waste their money on stupid stuff. And developers with high intelligence rolls know that, and if they have the right "perk" they will gladly take their "loot."

Sometimes they don't back for the loot. They back for the project to succeed or just because they feel like it. Some people blow 8€ on coffee 3 times a day. Some people smoke 6 packs a day.
Unless someone is blowing their rent on backing projects at absurd levels (and lets face it, they probably have bigger self control issues than just games), its the same slush money you decide to spend on other things.

Sometimes they don't back for the loot. They back for the project to succeed or just because they feel like it. Some people blow 8€ on coffee 3 times a day. Some people smoke 6 packs a day.
Unless someone is blowing their rent on backing projects at absurd levels (and lets face it, they probably have bigger self control issues than just games), its the same slush money you decide to spend on other things.

not really trying to dis backers...just saying that folks that have that much loose change laying around are generally better off financially than those who only buy games during sales events (like myself). i would love to back many games...just don't have that kind of flexibility. maybe it is budgeting. i don't know, but i don't really consider myself poor, and neither does the IRS. :(

not really trying to dis backers…just saying that folks that have that much loose change laying around are generally better off financially than those who only buy games during sales events (like myself). i would love to back many games…just don't have that kind of flexibility. maybe it is budgeting. i don't know, but i don't really consider myself poor, and neither does the IRS. :(

Economy of scale.
I consider anyone that can feed themselves and put a roof over their head richer than most. Anything else is a bonus.

Back
Top Bottom