V Rising - Impressions @ Mortismal Gaming

Looks like he didn't like the game and will never post a full review. :unsure:

That was my guess as well as others said it was some type of online RPG.

It has single-player, but yeah, you're still playing online.

I'm surprised by how positive the reviews are though, and it has a *lot* of reviews.

I'm surprised by how positive the reviews are though, and it has a *lot* of reviews.
I got it for 1.0. Played heaps over the weekend.

The survival/crafting games are really good at making you think about what to do next. All these workbenches to have processing things. Do I go get more materials or fight another boss and unlock another workbench or look for better prisoners or workers or a better mount or some of those shards to unlock passives. Oh, it's time to go harvest my crops to make all the potion buffs.

Then someone kills you and steals all your stuff so you go back and try to find him. He's gone. Oh well, I'll siege his castle later.

It's such a busy game.

It all works extremely well. Fantastic skill based combat, resources layed out to encourage fighting over them. There's even little one way back exits from the major mines to make your escape.

See, this is why MMORPGs are dead. Survival has filled the void. No one wants to play a full loot MMORPG yet look how many people are playing full loot Fortnite or Rust.

V Rising is everything I ever wanted in an MMO. It reminds me of way back around 2001 when I was playing Ultima Online. If V came out back then it would have been the most amazing game anyone ever saw.

I can't think of anything wrong with it. You could only say something like "oh, i want an FPS game" or something like that. For what it is it's really quite brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom