Rogue Trader Warhammer 40K Rogue Trader News

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader
Update 1.0.78 was released today.
Here is the patch notes.

Highlights

• Fixed a handful of broken quests and cutscenes, including those that blocked the Act IV from starting correctly;
  • Fixed multiple issues with making and loading saves;
  • Fixed some incorrectly balanced space combat encounters;
  • You can now zoom out further on the global map;
System and stability
  • [Mac only] Characters could get stuck near the Rogue Trader's desk in Rogue Trader quarters under certain circumstances - fixed;
  • [PS5 only] Fixed some rare cases where saving the game could fail;
  • [Xbox only] Fixed a few cases of freezing on Xbox;
  • Skipping some cutscenes on Footfall could cause a 60-second black screen - fixed;
  • [Xbox only] Fixed memory spikes on consoles when putting the game out and in to the focus;
Co-op
  • Switching controls to another type (mouse and keyboard to controller or vice versa) in multiplayer lobby no longer causes the game to drop back to main menu;
Narrative

• [PS5 only] Fixed cases of Pasqal's dialogue appearing empty;
  • Argenta's "Driven" quest may be now properly completed;
  • Final romance event with Heinrix could fail to trigger if he was the only active romance - fixed, the interrogator no longer considers romances boring without having rivals;
  • Fixed a bug in Abelard's personal quest in Act IV, which could cause a cascade of issues with locked cutscenes in other quests;
  • Fixed a case of dialogue not starting after the battle in Jae's quest on Footfall;
  • Fixed a loop in one of the dialogues with Heinrix in Act III;
  • Fixed an issue which could lead the companions to confront the player twice about their and potentially break further progress after;
  • Fixed incorrect cutscene playing when entering any area after the Mercantum Tabula Officiale quest;
  • Fixed multiple cases of Act IV starting cutscenes not playing;
  • Fixed some instances of incorrect and stuck dialogues on
  • One of the options in The Path of the Lost quest could allow the player to continue the quest without Yrliet in the party, which was not intended and blocked the elevator in . It was fixed. Players who encountered this problem need to go back and pick up Yrliet for the quest to continue;

Mechanics

• Enemy units that step into traps during their movement now properly end their turn;
  • Sometimes characters could start the turn with less AP than the maximum they had - fixed;
  • The game could behave erratically after loading the save file if a character had Be Smart talent - fixed
Items
  • Battle-Scarred Cape now works correctly;
  • Fixed incorrect prerequisites for some Drukhari and Aeldari weapons that could not be previously equipped by Marazhai or Yrliet;
  • The Hand of Avolius now works correctly, giving a -20 penalty to the enemy Toughness test, not a +20 bonus;

Locations
  • Some of the rebels at could get stuck when the combat was initiated - fixed;
  • Characters no longer get stuck on the balcony when leaving

Visual
  • Visible number of shots from the weapon could sometimes be 1-2 less than what was displayed by the tooltip and shown in the combat log - fixed;
User Interface

• It is now possible to preview the screenshot by hovering over it in the Load Game menu;
  • [Mac only] Saves on Mac had gray screens instead of screenshots - fixed;
  • Sometimes an incorrect screenshot could be shown for the quicksaves - fixed;
  • There's now a warning before the irreversible transfer to Act V;
  • Tooltip that shows the hit chance and the side of the shield to be hit in space combat, will no longer disappear;
  • You can now zoom out further on the global map;
Localization

• Fixed Russian localization for Longlas;
  • Fixed some typos, incorrect and missing tooltips for all languages
Space

• A lategame Drukhari attack on one of your colonies could happen way earlier than expected, resulting in an impossible combat encounter with a whole fleet of Drukhari ships - fixed;
  • Aligned projectiles of some enemy ships in voidship combat with their weapon mount placement. No more lances shooting 90 degrees to the side;
  • Fixed damage of

in space combat - it was about 4 times higher than expected;

I'm in Act 3, almost ready for last big battle - I think ? (*sweat*sweat*) - I love the way Act 3 starts and the progression, and twists ;-) I think it captures lore around certain Xenos well (from what I have read). I finally have my team reassembled and we're wreaking a mighty vengeance ;-)
I should also say that I have found ship combat surprisingly fun, I really disliked the grid TB battles in WotR, so expected to hate these. But I have upgraded my ship, leveled up quite a bit, all positions occupied. I find ramming a bit crap though - wipes out my forward shields and the tricksy xenos ships always get into a position where I have little chance to ram them. The AI is a bit too 'prescient'.... So far been lucky with bugs - I thought I had one with Heinrix's personal quest on Kiava Gamma - but that was just me not searching carefully enough. I have not had more of the combat locking up bugs, although it can pause for an alarming amount of time. I also enjoyed my meeting with the Inquistor...some awkward questions :sweatdrop:

I love the way Act 3 starts and the progression, and twists ;-)
I hate Act 3. I wish there is a way to skip it lol.
I should also say that I have found ship combat surprisingly fun, I really disliked the grid TB battles in WotR, so expected to hate these.
I warmed up to crusade combat in WotR but it hasn't happen to me for ship combat in RT - at least on easiest difficulty, it is REALLY EASY, so I'm just mindlessly attacking enemy ship to kill them. Still quite time consuming chasing after them though.
I also enjoyed my meeting with the Inquistor...some awkward questions :sweatdrop:
I see you have met Heinrix's boss - I'm curious, which colour ring did you get from that bastard?

I hate Act 3. I wish there is a way to skip it lol.

I warmed up to crusade combat in WotR but it hasn't happen to me for ship combat in RT - at least on easiest difficulty, it is REALLY EASY, so I'm just mindlessly attacking enemy ship to kill them. Still quite time consuming chasing after them though.

I see you have met Heinrix's boss - I'm curious, which colour ring did you get from that bastard?
Having just survived a string of nasty fights in Act 3, I see your point...its getting irritating - relentless combat :/ It fits the narrative I think, but there should be more methods than just combat to proceed sure there are some skill checks, but very hard so they really want you to just kill every thing).

It seems that Henrix's boss doesn't like me - I have the white ring?

And another hot-fix was released.

Behold another X-Mas hot-fix patch.

I guess that hotfix didn't cover the annoying bug I just encountered.

Ship fight against 5 Drukhari, three small ships and two big ones. The big ones are much more dangerous so I killed them first, and the three small ones (without a scratch) fled in three directions. And fled. And fled. I can't catch them, and there is apparently no boundary on the map. So Owlcat won the fight by default because it would never end.

Considering that this fight is tough and I've lost the other 4 times I've tried it, this bug/behavior pisses me off.

I guess that hotfix didn't cover the annoying bug I just encountered.

Ship fight against 5 Drukhari, three small ships and two big ones. The big ones are much more dangerous so I killed them first, and the three small ones (without a scratch) fled in three directions. And fled. And fled. I can't catch them, and there is apparently no boundary on the map. So Owlcat won the fight by default because it would never end.

Considering that this fight is tough and I've lost the other 4 times I've tried it, this bug/behavior pisses me off.
I had avoided swapping out tighter steering for more movement before that fight, but that was the key for me. If you have a high movement engine give it a shot.

One more large patch and hot-fix released after X-Mas.

I had avoided swapping out tighter steering for more movement before that fight, but that was the key for me. If you have a high movement engine give it a shot.
I ended up beating that fight without lowering the difficulty. I've won some since and upgraded a bunch of ship stuff, but I'm at the fight at Kiava Gamma rn and having trouble with it (on daring). Might lower it so I can progress.

Does the team have plans to keep adding content beyond the two DLCs already announced for 2024?

Shestov: Certainly. We are already working on several interesting ideas beyond what has already been announced, and each of them focuses on one of the major elements of the Rogue Trader.

I ended up beating that fight without lowering the difficulty. I've won some since and upgraded a bunch of ship stuff, but I'm at the fight at Kiava Gamma rn and having trouble with it (on daring). Might lower it so I can progress.
Beat that when I came back to it (on the second try). I've been enjoying the ship combat. None of it has been as absurd as a couple of the non space encounters. The only fight I reduced the difficulty to get past is one with four incredibly durable turrets who chew through any cover and which I did, at the time, like 2 points of damage to.

I finally finished act 1. Haven't had an issue with difficulty of battles (playing on easy) but there is so much combat it's been a slog. Like the story and companions so continue to work my way through it, in smaller doses than I am used to with a new game though. At this point it's a flip of the coin if I will finish the game or not. Normally I know if I will like a game or not and hence play or remove fairly soon into it. However, in this case I like the game but not sure I have the stamina for the combat.

I finally finished act 1. Haven't had an issue with difficulty of battles (playing on easy) but there is so much combat it's been a slog. Like the story and companions so continue to work my way through it, in smaller doses than I am used to with a new game though. At this point it's a flip of the coin if I will finish the game or not. Normally I know if I will like a game or not and hence play or remove fairly soon into it. However, in this case I like the game but not sure I have the stamina for the combat.
There continues to be plenty of combat, and the combat continues to be a fairly long turn based affair, but it was in Act 2 that the game really clicked for me. It opens up and involves a lot more exploration and variety.

There continues to be plenty of combat, and the combat continues to be a fairly long turn based affair, but it was in Act 2 that the game really clicked for me. It opens up and involves a lot more exploration and variety.
Enjoy act 2 - its the only act I enjoyed (mostly.. I still hate space combat). As I pointed out before, I got sick of combat/level up routine in act 1. From act 3 the game quality really slips with pacing issue, questionable enounter designs and story. Not to mention bugs.

Patch 1.0.93 was released yesterday.

Patch 1.0.97
Hotfix 1.0.98

Back
Top Bottom