What games are you playing now?

Compared with Spellforce 1 Spellforce 2 is more on the CRPG side - even more in the addon Dragonstorm.

Still stuck with World of Warcraft, however alot less than I used to be. Raiding Dungeons still offers enough fun to keep me in there, however when raids end the game looses its charm to some extent, me myself not being too much of a PvP (player vs. player) fan.

Did a replay of KotOR II not long ago too just for nostaligc value, and it was good as ever :) Other than that I don't find myself gaming much - perhaps an odd match in some online FPS but that's about it at the moment.

I'm playing TR anniversary 'now' (see the NWN thread for why I quote 'now') and it's very enjoying to feel that milestone in gaming business again. One of the reasons I liked Gothic was the 'tomb raider' view.

Oh yeah, I bought a copy of NWN2 too, but I haven't installed it yet.

Playing Final Fantasy VII. I hate to admit that I am not as impressed by the game as I should be considering it's rabid fanbase. The story is decent and entertaining but the artstyle make the game feel a bit childish which makes it difficult for me to relate with the characters. It doesnt really feel like a RPG either, more like an interactive story. What really ticks me off is the numerous and annoying random battles that makes the story crawl. It feels they are mostly there just to waste my time.

Last edited:
replaying Dungeon Keeper Gold ed, having fun smacking around all my minions. Very cathartic.
reaper.gif

I just wish I had a nocd crack for such an old game like this!

I'm 7 days away from playing:
- 2 worlds
- Spellforce 2
- Tomb Raider: Anniversary

...though I would gladly sacrifice those three for the Witcher.

Replaying Spellforce Platinum (Spellforce I + add-on I and II).
After finished the sequel's add-on Dragon Storm, I decided to play the first one over again, though it 60% RTS and only 40% RPG, but it was so much fun.
I just realized that I only started the second add-on, and never finished.

Tried to play Two Worlds recently, but I just can't enjoy games using first or third person view. Sad, but true. :(

Tried to play Two Worlds recently, but I just can't enjoy games using first or third person view. Sad, but true. :(
Confused, I is. That says you don't enjoy all games, since 1st person and 3rd person (in their various incarnations) are phyiscally the only choices.

Confused, I is. That says you don't enjoy all games, since 1st person and 3rd person (in their various incarnations) are phyiscally the only choices.

No, there is the isometric view.
When I say third person view, I mean watch-my-back view (like in Gothic).

No, there is the isometric view.
When I say third person view, I mean watch-my-back view (like in Gothic).

That means you dislike Gothic, KOTOR and Vampire: Bloodlines then?

After reaching 25% through Final Fantasy VII I am starting to enjoy it more. The story have really taken off. But ohmy what a long game...

I'm playing TR anniversary 'now'

I'm in the midst of it now as well. I have only played bits and pieces of the original through the years, but enough to see that this is a great melding of homage and updating.

Let me just say this - I want every game I have ever enjoyed to be redone in this way.

Okay... the same thing happened that always happened. I was playing Warhammer: Mark of Chaos and having a good time. But like I said in an earlier post... my mind just doesn't do RTS games very well. I made it through Chapter 2 and then I melted. I just can't seem to wrap my wits and my fingers around the skills required to see a RTS to completion. I basically always get to a point where I can't beat the current mission. I try and try, and then I basically get bored.

So, I've moved on...

Still playing Jade Empire: Special Edition. And I've just started Titan Quest. I'm not much of a "diablo" type RPG player... but I've heard good things about this so I thought I would give it a try (plus I was able to get it really cheap on ebay). So far it's pretty fun... not great... but I'm enjoying it.

I'm in the midst of it now as well. I have only played bits and pieces of the original through the years, but enough to see that this is a great melding of homage and updating.

Let me just say this - I want every game I have ever enjoyed to be redone in this way.

I played through the demo and had mixed feelings. While the graphics and animation were spectacular, I found many of the areas frustrating for 2 reasons. 1st because sometimes it was confusing as to where you were supposed to go next, and 2nd because many of the jumps seemed to be trial and error as far as if you could make them or not. I felt I was reloading far more often than I should have been.

I was also very disappointed that they didn't get rid of the magically infinite supply of bullets for her pistols.

Playing Battle for Wesnoth, a free turn-based strategy game. I enjoy the multiplayer aspect a lot, but the singleplayer campaigns are a great deal of fun too.
The game is easy to learn, hard (impossible for me) to master. I know all the basics, but I can't seem to win most campaigns on Medium. Easy is as far as I can go to finish all campaigns, till now.
Medium is too hard for me except for playing with twenty reloads.

The AI isn't very good, but they get better odds on harder campaigns.

A lot and different kinds of multiplayer maps/games add to the fun even more.
I wouldn't recommend playing a full 6-player multiplayer game except if you know the players, since you can just stop and reload the games afterwards.

OMG! JemyM found a game that's taking him more than 1-2 days to finish! :)

:)

I did finish games like Oblivion, Divine Divinity, Baldur's Gate II and Gothic 3, finishing every quest in the game... In Gothic 3 I ran through about one city per day, and after putting 2-3 weeks into it and saw the final ending I couldnt help by shedding a tear or two.

But FF7 is a bit odd. Im not attracted by it's mechanics at all. The only thing the game seems to offer is the well-written story, and that is a very long story, almost too long, continusly halted by thousands of annoying random encounters. >_<

I'm playing Planescape: Torment for the first time, since I've missed it when it was originally published.
I'm very impressed. I've never thought that I might actually like isometric graphic. And the map... it's a lot more beautiful than in modern games.
Story is very good. I think a great novel could be written based on it. It's simply forcing me to play. I usually play games for a couple of hours per day, but I've spent roughly fifteen hours this weekend with Torment.
It's a pity that there is almost no voice acting in the game, but that's just a small false.
And I'm glad that the game is very easy, because I'm not very good in D&D games.
This is definitely the second best RPG I've ever played (VtM:B is still unbeaten).

@JemyM,
I know what you mean. FF7 is a mixed bag, it has a cool story, but it does tend to drag on a bit at times. I think you would have enjoyed it a lot more if you played it back when it was released. That game is nearly 10 years old now and didn't age as well as some of the other FF games(IV, V, and VI were all much better imo.)

@Malk,
Glad to hear you're enjoying Planescape, it's a great rpg. You're in for a long and rewarding story.

Back
Top Bottom