What games are you playing now?

Gothic 2 +NOTR is much better than original Gothic 2. Just be forwarned, it's an extremely unforgiving game in terms of difficulty.

That's actually a thing I never understood. Why make a game even harder ?

I vaguely remember this this was done for complaining community members who actually believed the original Gothic 2 war too weak.

To me, it was like "let us make it harder to distract more casual players and please the fanbois".

I never understood that.

By the way, I'm currently playing the Yoda Stories and Tropico. I really got hooked with Tropico. I loveitloveitloveit. :)

Vanilla G2 was weak sauce. Yay!!! Chaulk another one up for the fanboys!!! :boogie: ;) ;)

I have a copy of Gothic 2 Gold but have never actually played it yet. I finished Gothic 2 using an imported UK copy and then later finished Gothic+NOTR using a US copy with a German copy of NOTR and the translation patch.

Does the bug happen every time if you do things as descibed by Pladio? Because I'm pretty sure I've done exactly that without encountering the bug.

I don't know, I actually never finished NOTR, I started over once, but was quickly distracted by school work and other rl problems. There were however multiple reports on it at the DOT and I think I still have the topic in my mail archive, since I was subscribed to it. Several people responded with the same problem and the way to fix it was also added, but I don't like messing with the console.

If they didn't delete the topic and if you want to read the whole post, I'll be glad to search for it for you.

G2gold beat me down and made me feel like a noob after about my 16th try to evict the knuckleheads from the lighthouse. I was sure I was powerful enough by then, hell I took out a local shadowbeast. Instead, they mopped the floor with me time and time again. Id kill one or two, one would fall off the cliff, i tried several different angles of attack. I'm going to go back one of these days.
One of these days..

still playing dk1.
still contemplating an xbox 360.
still totally steamed about the cooler attachment they want you to buy for it

Life doesnt change much around here lately

they made it harder because the seekers should have been a bit hard to fight with but instead they ended up easy whimps with the anoying of making it spin for a second. and in g2 + NOTR they became almost too hard :p, or at least I heard. neverplayed the add on myself :$

G2gold beat me down and made me feel like a noob after about my 16th try to evict the knuckleheads from the lighthouse. I was sure I was powerful enough by then, hell I took out a local shadowbeast. Instead, they mopped the floor with me time and time again. Id kill one or two, one would fall off the cliff, i tried several different angles of attack. I'm going to go back one of these days.
One of these days..

The way I did it was old west style: Hide behind a tree while they tried to shoot me with arrows. I would jump out just long enough to get a target lock on one and shoot back, then duck behind the tree again. Sometimes they would get a hit in, so I would have to run away and down a potion or two, but eventually I won!

Oh btw... this was sneaking up from behind near the Shadowbeast cave and getting the drop on them...

If you're patient and smart about how you spend your learning points then NOTR's difficulty level is just about right. Definitely more challenging than most rpg's, but not insanely hard like some people try to make it out to be.

i agree for a gothic 2 veteren it shouldn't be all that difficult. i only played through it once and the only difficulty i remember having was with those fierce bandits at everyones favourite salty dog's lighthouse that xSamhainx mentioned. though i guess it really depends on what level you try and tackle the added content as well.

I still don't understand why they didn't include any option to play the game with the previous difficulty level.

I might be the only one (an alien thus :D ), but that increased difficulty level actually kept me away from playing G2 Gold.

58% through Final Fantasy VII... and I am starting to wonder if I can still handle games that are this long. I have spent about 10 days straight now on one single game and still im not even near the end.

-edit-

78% now. Played the whole day.

Last edited:
@ Alrik: One of the best things about G2 is the controls. They are some of the best I've ever played. Compared to today's standards, fancy moves are quite limited, it's true. But when it comes to melee combat, you can actually defeat much tougher opponents using the block and strafe maneuvers. The tough part is not getting hit, because even one hit (depending on the differences of level between you and your opponent) can be devastating. But with practice, there are some people who waltz through the game. It just takes enough desire to tough it out and get to that level of skill - not your character, but yourself. If you don't have the desire, don't worry about it. Play what you enjoy and don't feel bad that you don't always enjoy what other people do.

I personally can't stand and will never play Never Winter Nights!! :S

Sounds like someone is envious of Xen's "Digger Quest". Can't say that means much to me since I haven't played any of the Gothics, but I believe that it's the idea of playing the entire game as a level 1 with a pickaxe.

well how many games do you know where it is possible too defeat the black troll on lvl 1 just by being fast and good timing :D

Finished Supreme Commander with the UEF(one of the 3 factions), and now I've started to play Command and Conquer 3(GDI campaign).

Lots of tactics for that group. If I remember right, last time I played through it, I got one of the nearby Orc Warrior's to chase me and led him to the Lighthouse. He and the bandits fought, while I ran around behind and climbed up on the roof, where I sniped the bandits while they were focused on the Orc. :)

Not playing anything currently. Just finished Dark Messiah of M&M. It was OK I guess, though I feel no urge to replay it. I'd rate it at about a 7 out of 10. Glad I waited til it hit the "Bargain Bin".

I was wrong earlier when I posted that I'm not playing anything. I am now, and have been for some time, playing Untold Legends on the PSP. I get to the game rarely enough that it slipped under my radar, sort of like Solitare would.

Hmmm... Dark Messiah of M&M you say? I like the Might and Magic games. Well...
confused-smiley-013.gif
I like M&M 7, 8, 9 -- that kind of thing... the RPGs. I never cared for the Legends titles. I must look into that game.

Last edited:
I am a citizen of the now, with a commanding view
Hmmm... Dark Messiah of M&M you say? I like the Might and Magic games. Well...
confused-smiley-013.gif
I like M&M 7, 8, 9 -- that kind of thing... the RPGs. I never cared for the Legends titles. I must look into that game.

Not to be confused with a 'real' Might & Magic game.

Back
Top Bottom