What games are you playing now?

I just finished XCOM Enemy Within which was super fun. Also finished up Dragon Age Inquisition, which was pretty much as advertised but slightly better than expected because expectations were appropriately low going in. Tried Legend of Grimrock on ipad but wasn't for me. Earlier I played Pillars (good but disappointing given the hype), Wastland 2 (loved it), Divinity OS (loved it). In my queue are Witcher 3 and Shadowrun Hong Kong...waiting for polish/expansions. So to fill my gaming time I'm currently considering: Mass Effect 3 (kind of similar thinking as DA:I - maybe it will be OK because expectations are low and I loved the last installment), Avernum (struggling a bit with the indie graphics but seems like a must try as an RPG fan), or Blackguards (not sure about 1 or 2).

bizorker, I think its worthwhile to finish ME3, if you finished and enjoyed previous 2. The ending really ruins it, but there are good parts here and there.

I'm still playing D:OS (I take so long to finish anything these days) and also rolled BG1 with full customised party after finishing The Black Pits for the second time. I didn't realise Beamdog added new 3rd ed classes like Shadowdancer and Red Dragon Disciple. I decided to roll both and see how much it breaks the balance :biggrin:

Despite the problems with the ending, I really enjoyed ME3, and I didn't even think the ending was as terrible as the internet made it out to be.

Play it with the DLC (especially Leviathan and the extended ending).

I second those thoughts re ME3. Absolutely play with DLC (in particular Leviathan) as that makes the 'revised' ending only seriously and abjectly poor rather than totally diabolically awful.

Oh, what game am I playing? PoE - decent but too many small bugs!

I have gone back and forth on this game the second play through. I stopped a couple of weeks ago and restarted this week.

Trust me there are way less bugs then on release, this being said it is now so easy I haven't even used anything I have found yet besides a wand. They have reworked the balancing so much on hard this play through I don't pay that much attention to the battles.

Once I start the super dungeon I will know more but right now I am thinking of re-starting on path of the dam. But I don't think you get any camping options doing this and since you can't rebuild your spells without sleep it isn't an option.

CelticFrost - I don't think you are correct on path of damned. I'm fairly certain I played that mode and it just adds more monsters and increases their stats. No impact on camping.

I found with PoE that everything started great and then got progressively worse. Story awesome...got less awesome. Combat early on was really challenging and fun...but then got really easy (particularly when you get the full party). Early decisions on level-up where interesting...then became meaningless. I really doubt they can fix that. But on the bright side I didn't have any bug issues (at least not that I was aware of). Definitely worth playing and I don't regret the time or money invested. Just disappointed given I had been waiting on it for years with very, very high expectations.

I'm trying to get into Heroes of Might & Magic VI, but it's just not grabbing me. The writing and quests seem very generic, and the dialogue is horribly cliché. I don't think I'll be playing it long...

Without wars. Sure, you marry the 2nd heir in line of a kingdom. Then you assassinate the 1st heir, so she will inherit the kingdom when the ruler dies, and your first son (on primogeniture) with her will inherit that, without a fight. Or if you can marry the actual heir, even better, but usually they will only marry people of around their same 'nobility level'.
I mean, there are many ways using assassination, marriages, etc. it's just a matter of finding the right people (if they exist at all) and waiting.

Well, I played last night as Karl. I am not sure how it happened but I inherited my brother's kingdom of Middle Francia in a few years of play (I think by sending my mother to plot against him in some story event).

So I ended up with the entirety of France in a couple of years. Karl lived until 807 and conquered all of Saxony, Italy and north-east of the Iberian continent after having formed the Empire of Francia.

This was way too easy. I hope I just got "lucky", because that's not a fun CK2 game for me.

Anyway, I'll try and play as something smaller next...

Do you know if the Ummayads get lots of historical events ?

Well, I played last night as Karl. I am not sure how it happened but I inherited my brother's kingdom of Middle Francia in a few years of play (I think by sending my mother to plot against him in some story event).

So I ended up with the entirety of France in a couple of years. Karl lived until 807 and conquered all of Saxony, Italy and north-east of the Iberian continent after having formed the Empire of Francia.

This was way too easy. I hope I just got "lucky", because that's not a fun CK2 game for me.

Anyway, I'll try and play as something smaller next…

Do you know if the Ummayads get lots of historical events ?
Like I said, Charlemagne is fun for a couple of generations while you follow the scripted events. All that happened to you was scripted. Sort of like an interactive history lesson about Charlemagne. I played Charlemagne once and never again (like the Aztec invasion, played it once to check it out and then never enabled it again).

I don't think the Charlemagne DLC has other event chains outside him and his family.

But does that mean that playing as Karloman, you would die within a decade and game over ?

No, it's not that pre-scripted. There's options to be taken along the event chain (I think, I only dabbled in it briefly), and you can influence it with your own actions. Besides, there's also an achievement for becoming emperor of Francia as him.

Nothing is predetermined in CK. :)

No, it's not that pre-scripted. There's options to be taken along the event chain (I think, I only dabbled in it briefly), and you can influence it with your own actions. Besides, there's also an achievement for becoming emperor of Francia as him.

Nothing is predetermined in CK. :)

I might try that then :)

Without wars. Sure, you marry the 2nd heir in line of a kingdom. Then you assassinate the 1st heir, so she will inherit the kingdom when the ruler dies, and your first son (on primogeniture) with her will inherit that, without a fight.

Also depends on Crown Authority in some situations. It is indeed tricky to inherit titles, you'll need to have decent knowledge of the game mechanics.

Also depends on Crown Authority in some situations. It is indeed tricky to inherit titles, you'll need to have decent knowledge of the game mechanics.

Yeah, apparently High Crown Authority wouldn't allow the title to be transferred outside of the main realm.

Sooo... how many bottles of Jack Daniel's and how many lines of coke to level three?
Actually playing is easy. Keeping up with the drinking is holding back my progression. I need more practice :)

And I prefer the smokey Glenfiddich instead

I started a game as an Emir in the Abbassid Empire and now declared independence as the Kingdom of Arabia.

Not sure if it's worth continuing now. I got too strong too fast again.

If you want more challenge, try the CK2+ mod.

Back
Top Bottom