What games are you playing now?

You can. Both games should still be listed separately in your Steam library, at least they are for me.

Ok, I'll check it out.

I'm almost positive it was either 14 or 16 - because I moved it back and forth a lot when trying to make room for other games on my main drive.

I actually checked just now, and it's a 7 GB download and 8.5 GB install.

Have you actually installed it, though?

Certainly for me, Steam often (if not always) reports incorrect sizes when "double-clicking". It's only when games are fully installed I can actually see the space they take up.

Have you actually installed it, though?

Certainly for me, Steam often (if not always) reports incorrect sizes when "double-clicking". It's only when games are fully installed I can actually see the space they take up.

I clicked and then waited until it went through the HD space allocation process.

This is way too many posts about this though. :)

I clicked and then waited until it went through the HD space allocation process.

This is way too many posts about this though. :)

Agreed.

I'll actually install it when I get home, so I can see just how bad my memory is :)

FYI:

DE:HR took up 8.3 gigs of space. That's without Missing Link, though I doubt that would take up anothing 6-8 gigs.

I'm downloading the DC now, because I'm really curious what those 10 gigs are made up of :)

Dragon Age 3 GOTY version

Im around 30-35h in it, i like it much more than when i played it at launch, maybe because im more in the mood now; some areas and views are jus breathtaking and awesome like storm coast or the rainy crestwood; sadly in interiors, most of the time just like witcher its pure crap due to the colors and lightning.

Anyway good game overall even with the mmo things, so far im not bored so im doing them :)

I couldn't continue with The Witcher 1. It's just too mechanically awkward for me to go through it again. Since I'm near the end of the last Witcher book, I wanted to replay the whole series again, to get the most of them, before truly diving deep into Witcher 3. But I just can't be bothered with Witcher 1. And plus, the story in Witcher 1 doesn't have the same worldly impact that TW2 has. So I went ahead and skipped number 1.

So, currently playing The Witcher 2, on Dark Mode, and playing Roche's path, which I've never played until now. And I'm amazed at the amount of information you find on this one. You find out so much about the animal that Bernard Loredo was (the abusive and corrupt leader in Flotsam).

All in all, and as something I've only now noticed, the series is just packed with information. I'm not sure all of it would be absolutely necessary, but it does make for good world building. And I like it. Some of the things are not so clearly explained, and some just require you to take a leap of faith, and assume they'll explain it later, but it's dense as hell. I have to stay very attentive at all the name throwings, just to keep up. Which is kind of nice, but now I'm not sure how much of the story I got when last I played.

Last edited:
I might have to do that too. I've tried to play Witcher 1 three times, three times abandoned (further I got was in my second attempt, stopped in some swamps). Maybe it's just not my type of games.

I love The Witcher. Story-wise, I still think it's the best of the series, but I agree that the mechanics have aged poorly.

I'm about to dive back into TW3. I just hope I don't experience a lot of the bugs that people are talking about with the 1.10 patch.

I love The Witcher. Story-wise, I still think it's the best of the series, but I agree that the mechanics have aged poorly.

This, though I didn't mind the mechanics in my last replay of last fall before TW3 was to come out.

I don't think the TW1 mechanics aged poorly; in fact, I think they were BORN poorly.

I stopped playing it right after the keep's invasion, where Geralt is at the beggining of the game (I am not good with names, I can't even remember that keep's name).

Sure, I'll to try to play it once again, but man, those mechanics...

I don't think the TW1 mechanics aged poorly; in fact, I think they were BORN poorly.

I stopped playing it right after the keep's invasion, where Geralt is at the beggining of the game (I am not good with names, I can't even remember that keep's name).

Sure, I'll to try to play it once again, but man, those mechanics…

You barely scratched the surface which is a shame. The combat isn't that bad, although I prefer the systems of the later games. The story though is definitely worth persevering for.

My problems with TW1 are many, but I think the worst aspects involve the fetch quest design and the endless running back-and-forth between NPCs, having to rest at specific points before getting to talk to them.

The combat system is awful, but you sort of get used to it after a while.

Story is pretty good, if a bit overly convoluted. They've gotten better at presentation since then, but they still have a tendency to expect a bit much of the player in terms of the lore - and having to follow so many characters that you might never have heard of before.

I absolutely loved Chapter 4, though.

Busy replaying NWN1 Hordes of the Underdark right now ;-) Seem to spend a lot of time replaying older games *sigh* Spent 8 hourts on Shadows of Mordor and then just stopped. Same old same old - assassinate X, get Intel on Y, blah blah blah. The main story seemed interesting, but ruined for me by what the grindy game they layered on top of it.

Busy replaying NWN1 Hordes of the Underdark right now ;-)

Cool - after replaying NWN last month I moved on and was replaying Skyrim for a few dozen hours and am ready to move on again and was thinking about HotU and how much fun it is becoming a walking artillary platform as a mage towards the end ...

Sure, I'll to try to play it once again, but man, those mechanics…

I think it's important to note that there's 2 combat systems in the witcher.

There's the OTS 3rd person action and there's the point and click interface.

I thought the OTS was decent and rolling, flipping over an enemy hitting them from behind with an aard and then executing a finish move can be quite satisfying.

The point and click interface was terrible IMO. I only finished the starting area with it before switching to OTS. I can understand quitting very early on if you chose that fighting system.

Back
Top Bottom