What games are you playing now?

Thanks. So setting it to Auto doesn't guarantee the kingdmon won't fail? I thought it did.
Please note that I've not used auto mode, it's mostly what I read in threads and bug reports, so for what it's worth.

But no, it seems it doesn't prevent that, and people recommend to set invincible kingdom. Apparently it fails events, so the stats may go down and lead to unrest.

But it's not just that. It overlooks curse research projects, so some normally available buffs won't help in combat. It overlooks special artisant buildings so you'll miss some special items. I've also seen a case where an important quest (in Armag's Tomb) wasn't available because its associated project was not completed successfully, and since there are a few quests that depend on projects...

The shame is that once auto is selected, it can't be changed anymore.

It's way too long! Playing 8 hours per day would still require more than one entire month to complete. I suppose that the turn-based combat has something to do with it.

I almost finished the game and my hour count is nowhere as high. I did play before the turn based mode, however. I wonder if it's not just caused by the fact that while turn based is technically possible and was implemented, the game just wasn't designed around it, to begin with.

I started a new-game+ in Dishonored 2, and it seems to let me switch characters, to Emily even though I finished it with Corvo. So I'll get the runes back and be able to invest in both Emily and Corvo abilities? Did I read that right? Anyways, since it seems I need to finish the first mission (without powers) to confirm this for myself, I decided to put it on hold.

So I started on Death of the Outsider. I very much hope they give more context to what he is, how he became, what's his purpose? There was some little mention of his origin in Dishonored 2, but nothing meaty. I hope they give more. They should, with a title like that.

I hope I'm able to finish it before burnout sets in. I kinda feel it coming on, so I hope to finish the plot.

Edit: here’s something that’s bothering me. Why is it called Dishonored: Death of the Outsider and not Dishonored 2: Death of the Outsider? It’s a sequel to D2. The story takes places after it. It’s using the D2 engine.

Also, why does the expansion take so long to load on startup from desktop. Take more than double that D2 base game took.

Last edited:
Man, Death of the Outsider has really thrown the way I usually play Dishonored out for a loop. I'd gotten into a certain routine of handling most situations (basically, blinking everywhere, chocking everyone just to make sure and hiding their bodies; ultimately in order to clear my level so that I can freely explore it).

And the abilities they've given the player this time are quite different. And I like the change, but it's also asking me to throw the usual playbook away.

Basically, you can no longer blink automatically; you can aim your cursor at a location on the map and place a marker there. But you no longer fine-tune that location as you could with regular blink. And in the middle of action, that's what you don't want. Blinking to somewhere you're not sure.

The only way to have more precision in placing the marker is to use a different ability, which freezes time and decouples the camera from your character. But as you move throw space your mana keeps dropping. And then you shift out and back to your old location, and can attempt to teleport where you placed the marker. If it's within range, and if you still have mana left from your floating around and finding a location.

The last ability, so far, is a pretty cool one. You get to assume the image of an NPC, but you have to either hide the body after taking the image, or do it before. And again, as you move around under the false image your mana drains. But I can see this being very powerful and moving around. But you also have to manage the level of access of the NPC you take hold of.

Anyway, it's quite interesting. And I'm surprised they took this drastic steps in changing the gameplay loop in an expansion. Good on them.

But I'm also worried about future encounters. I'm afraid I'll either no be able to, or it will be very hard to clear some of the encounters which I breezed with the old abilities, like Freeze/Slow Time. That was an ultimate one for me. I'm curious what other abilities they might introduce, if any, or how will these be augmented with future runes.

EDIT: Oh, and I just realized Foresight, the ability that allows you to decorporalize and pause time, apparently has a height limit over which you just drop back to the allowed ceiling. And it's very low. This is just stupid. Wtf were they thinking. I can't teleport to building balconies anymore. :(

EDIT2: Well, at least part of my complaint was solved with a bonecharm. I can now target the teleport like I could with Blink, and it no longer requires placing first. But Foresight is still crippled. Anyways, the good with the bad.

Last edited:
Dos2

So, the big "challenge" is supposedly to escape Fort Joy. Nobody can escape supposedly, but everywhere I roam ends up leading me out of the fort. I'm not even trying. It's kinda silly. Nobody should be stuck there as you can just wander out freely with a single level of sneak or fight your way out easily if you have teleport. There are way too many simple exits to sell the idea of a prison colony.

So I follow Gawin, who leads you to a teleport ring. He claims to only want one person but ignores anyone else who happens to be with you. He ports off, I follow and kill him and then fight a bunch of silenced and magisters and I'm free. Next time I just stealth past a guy creating a new monk and walk out the back door. Another time I find a cave and leave and another prison level and leave. Might as well have left the gate open.

Now, I'm playing on Explorer mode with two Lone Wolves, but two ways of escaping have no combat at all. Kinda silly. So anyway I have a ton of quests still inside the Fort, so I need to walk back in…

The second thing I find silly is there is too much crossover in the companion quests. It's like 3 characters share the same NPC to advance their quests in the Fort. You'll interact with the blind elf girl with 2 or 3 and also the sleepy lizard with 2 or 3. Goofy. Did they run out of money again?

All of that said, I have 65 hours with about 6 different pairings in Fort Joy. I just start the whole chapter over and over trying things in various orders.

All of that said, I have 65 hours with about 6 different pairings in Fort Joy. I just start the whole chapter over and over trying things in various orders.
65 hours on just the prologue. o_o

Damn I rarely ever spend that amount on most games I play.

So, the big "challenge" is supposedly to escape Fort Joy. Nobody can escape supposedly, but everywhere I roam ends up leading me out of the fort. I'm not even trying. It's kinda silly. Nobody should be stuck there as you can just wander out freely with a single level of sneak or fight your way out easily if you have teleport. There are way too many simple exits to sell the idea of a prison colony.
Why do you find this silly when it gives the opportunity to have different approaches? The deal has always been that speechcraft, when implemented, could get you to the same outcome without having to fight your way with physical combat. IMO it's rather a quality :)

My interpretation for the lack of security is that the fort is clearly on the decline, and showing cracks. Corruption and rebellion is everywhere, no wonder that there are escape routes. Also, there are other measures once out of the fort, to prevent people from leaving the island.
The second thing I find silly is there is too much crossover in the companion quests. It's like 3 characters share the same NPC to advance their quests in the Fort. You'll interact with the blind elf girl with 2 or 3 and also the sleepy lizard with 2 or 3. Goofy. Did they run out of money again?
You mean different companions sometimes need to interact with the same NPC for their personal quest? What's the issue with that?

It's not the deepest story, or maybe it doesn't feel that way because it's diluted in dialogs over a long gameplay with a lot of exploring and combat. But they have given a lot of options to the player to have different approaches. The escape routes are an example, and many other quests have different solutions. You can select any main character - pre-created or not, which will change the interaction with the others. You can select different party members - pre-created or not, which will give you different side quests and dialogs so you get to know them. All those dialogs have to be spoken, that cost a lot of time and money, but they have done it nevertheless since it was a reproach in the 1st game they wanted to address.

I'm not sure what else they could do, really, it's already more flexible in most ways than the majority of games out there. The one missing feature is interactions between the companions, that's what they started to add in BG3.

But maybe I didn't understand correctly what you meant. I'm not trying to defend the game, it has its flaws, but they're not in the lack of options.

Last edited:
Man, Death of the Outsider has really thrown the way I usually play Dishonored out for a loop.

That's what I liked about this standalone (which I agree should be associated with DH2 since it follows it and all characters are related to it). I also enjoyed the freedom in this standalone and tackling the side mission (some are not that easy).

In AC:Origins I just got FFXV items from Ardayn. Very cool wtf moment! How did this happen - different developers and publishers?

It was a joint crossover event.
I have no idea if you played FF15, but this is how not only outfits but also gameplay for the event was also adapted:

I'm close to the AC Vikings finale.
Only one part of the map I didn't fully explore (and complete) and the only villain left to deal with is the templar leader which I thought will appear when I go to a certain place and then the game locks you into a series of tasks you cannot exit nor continue the freeroam.

What happened there looked as the main story end, won't spoil details.
But no, after I did all of it, the main storyline is still ongoing.
I've checked the internet and all sites call this - ending. Probably because of ignorant reviewers. It's not. I didn't get the main story finished achievement on uplay and I do still have an active main quest impossible to receive prior to pretend ending.

After too many hours of plodding through this abominable sequel, I have to say can't wait till it's over.
Sadly, bought the gold edition which means I get DLC when done. I wish now I didn't.

That's what I liked about this standalone (which I agree should be associated with DH2 since it follows it and all characters are related to it). I also enjoyed the freedom in this standalone and tackling the side mission (some are not that easy).

Yeah, it is nice. Now that i've grown accustomed to it.

One thing I don't like is that, unlike DH2, in this one there are contracts that you can't do non-lethally. One of them I managed to abuse (the mime I grabbed, and jumped into the chasm in which I was supposed to throw him, but managed to teleport myself back to not kill him, but have the game mark the contract complete), but another one can't seem to be doable non-lethally. Annoying.

Yeah, it is nice. Now that i've grown accustomed to it.

One thing I don't like is that, unlike DH2, in this one there are contracts that you can't do non-lethally. One of them I managed to abuse (the mime I grabbed, and jumped into the chasm in which I was supposed to throw him, but managed to teleport myself back to not kill him, but have the game mark the contract complete), but another one can't seem to be doable non-lethally. Annoying.
I completely agree, I disliked these contracts too. For the other contract there are also some people who claim that they have found a cheesy way around killing that couple but I doubt that the developers planned it that way. That was also a mayor letdown for me. However the cool way to play the main quest in a non-lethal way compensated that a little bit for me.

My mind boggles at the idea of spending 1000 hours on one game. I usually get antsy at around 100, with the most being just over 300. It would take me a solid year to hit 1000 and my backlog is too big as it is.

It was a joint crossover event.
I have no idea if you played FF15, but this is how not only outfits but also gameplay for the event was also adapted:
But how did this happen between unconnected projects? I would have liked to have played that dlc from the video, but I assume it never came to the pc version of FFXV.

I found the prologue strangely addictive. I played it over and over, probably 200 hours in all. Ended up playing over 1000 hours before finishing the game finally.
My longest RPG was Kingmaker took me 200+. Honestly I'd never see myself spending a thousand hrs on any RPG. Maybe if I add the multiple play-throughs over five years.

My mind boggles at the idea of spending 1000 hours on one game. I usually get antsy at around 100, with the most being just over 300. It would take me a solid year to hit 1000 and my backlog is too big as it is.

My longest RPG was Kingmaker took me 200+. Honestly I'd never see myself spending a thousand hrs on any RPG. Maybe if I add the multiple play-throughs over five years.

Yes, that's a lot. My absolute worst is Skyrim, 332 hours apparently (I hate Steam for reminding me). It must have been a hollow few months :lol:

I suppose there's already been a poll on that? Could be fun. Of course he must wait for a year to have valid samples on the current one (two if we listen to Nyquist - I thought it was Shannon? Hm, don't mind me)...

Edit: here’s something that’s bothering me. Why is it called Dishonored: Death of the Outsider and not Dishonored 2: Death of the Outsider? It’s a sequel to D2. The story takes places after it. It’s using the D2 engine.

Same reason that Return of the Jedi isn't called Star Wars: Empire Strike Back 2, I expect.

Back
Top Bottom