Witcher 3 - 2024 Impressions @ Mortismal Gaming

Still one of the great action-RPGs ever. I really want to replay the entire trilogy, but it's so...damn...long.
I bought it when it was first released but it ran horribly on my machine back then so never played it, now with a newer computer that could easily handle it maybe it's time...

I've never finished this, or played the DLCs. I never finished the first one either, but I did finish the second.
I have intentions of going back to it, but every time I do I just get a little lost in what I should be doing. And I don't want to start from the beginning again - it's too big!

One day.

I've never finished this, or played the DLCs. I never finished the first one either, but I did finish the second.
I have intentions of going back to it, but every time I do I just get a little lost in what I should be doing. And I don't want to start from the beginning again - it's too big!

One day.
I remember finishing TW2 in like 3 days. It's a lot shorter than the other games though, and I was off from work at the time.

I still like TW1 a lot too. It's rough by today's standards, but it's got a lot of charm.

I'm sometimes staring at Blood & Wine and Hearts of Stone in the Steam store, but I've never bought them. Maybe one day.

No, it wasn't short. I have 165 hours in TW3 and 66 in TW2, but I usually like taking my time (apparently I didn't buy TW1 on Steam).

Great game. I didn't play only witcher 2 as I had too slow computer at the time.

I'm sometimes staring at Blood & Wine and Hearts of Stone in the Steam store, but I've never bought them. Maybe one day.

No, it wasn't short. I have 165 hours in TW3 and 66 in TW2, but I usually like taking my time (apparently I didn't buy TW1 on Steam).
The expansions are really fantastic. Arguably better than anything in the main game. Definitely worth getting.

I remember finishing TW2 in like 3 days. It's a lot shorter than the other games though, and I was off from work at the time.

I still like TW1 a lot too. It's rough by today's standards, but it's got a lot of charm.
I really disliked combats in the first Witcher. I think it's something they really improved in the third game.
(Didn't play TW2)

RTX still randomly crashes at random points. Playing on DX11 no problems.

I really disliked combats in the first Witcher. I think it's something they really improved in the third game.
(Didn't play TW2)
The combat is probably the weakest aspect of the original. It didn't bother me too much, but I can understand why it's not popular.

I'm surprised you played TW3 without playing TW2.

The combat is probably the weakest aspect of the original. It didn't bother me too much, but I can understand why it's not popular.

I'm surprised you played TW3 without playing TW2.
Well, following my disappointment with TW1, I was not too enthusiastic to play TW2. I'm also not a big fan of playing a character such as Gerald. I feel forced to play a specific character instead of *my* character.

For TW3, the praise and the hype finally managed to get me :)

One of the few big name and high quality RPG's I have never been able to get into or finish. Tried two of them. Maybe some day. Enjoyed the books a lot though.

Which one's your favourite?
For me also Blood & Wine.
It's almost a separate game, because the plot is quite strictly decoupled from the main plot. I enjoyed the overall fairytale setting a lot.
Heart of Stone is also great, but it has kind of a more tragic/dark atmosphere.

Back
Top Bottom