Witcher 3 - Play as Triss, Yennefer, or Others

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quoted right from the article you posted, see above or read the article.

I could really careless at the end of the day who plays what, it more to the point about posting some pointless article. I can do any sort of research with any sort of bias to make sure what I want to be written gets wrote.

So you're calling the ESA biased now? Lmao....okay. You're funny. XD

Anyway, you're right about one thing. I could throw statistics at you that you're the only male gamer in the world - and even if it was totally, unequivocally true, you'd still hunker down and deny it, using your own experience as a gauge of "truth". That's called "confirmation bias" - and it's a psychological disorder that makes you immune to facts. :)

But that's okay! Because truth is truth, and you can't change it. :)

So you're calling the ESA biased now? Lmao….okay. You're funny. XD

Anyway, you're right about one thing. I could throw statistics at you that you're the only male gamer in the world - and even if it was totally, unequivocally true, you'd still hunker down and deny it, using your own experience as a gauge of "truth". That's called "confirmation bias" - and it's a psychological disorder that makes you immune to facts. :)

Are you reading into things, I didn't call ESA bias at all. I would like to see where I did.

I am still waiting for you to post some facts that don't included app based games.

When you do pm…

We'll be home shortly.

Aubrielle said:

This is how most of Aubrielles conversations go. If you dont agree with her implicitly then you suffer from a disorder and can't possibly agree because you are defective. Ironically it does seem to be the one Aubrielle suffers from most.
But take heart, now you can also play the victim card.

Hmm I can see Watch is full of the people with strong opinions (myself included). When you have a strong opinion, it's difficult to see other side of the argument. I think we all form our opinion based on our experience and often believe that is the truth. In a way, it is, because we are living/experiencing that part of the truth, but we should understand there are others who are having completely different experience to us. No one is asking you to change your opinion, but we shouldn't make it sound like what we know is the only truth out there!

@Aubrielle: interesting article on female gamers. Unfortunately, female around me don't play games. I haven't had a single female friend who is a gamer :( (well, I suppose, it depends on how you defined the term "gamer" as well, but all my friends stick to only extremely popular phone games i.e. angry birds and candy crush saga) They view me as a minority and eye me strangely when I talk passionately about gaming. They think I'm a biggest nerd or a geek (sometimes asks me how to fix issues on their computer, which I have no idea on!) It makes me upset sometimes!

Last edited:
Don't worry purple. You are not alone :) A few of my hobbies/interests I have nobody in real life to share with.

This is how most of Aubrielles conversations go. If you dont agree with her implicitly then you suffer from a disorder and can't possibly agree because you are defective. Ironically it does seem to be the one Aubrielle suffers from most.
But take heart, now you can also play the victim card.

I said that ignoring evidence, plugging your ears, and denying reality was a symptom of confirmation bias. I also asked for evidence supporting the notion that women were a gaming minority. Nobody's given any.

And you, Wisdom, are one of the more well-known reactionary misogynists on here, so it will be my great pleasure to put you on my ignore list where you belong, and I'll be rid of you.

Toodles!

Oh, and Celtic…here's another piece of data. Looks like I'm 2-0 with you!

53.6% of RPG gamers are women, to 46.5% of men.

For all practical purposes it's a 50/50 split, but once you get into decimal places, female PC gamers do slightly outnumber males. Women represent 50.2 percent of PC gamers across all genres, including social (Facebook, Kongregate), versus 49.9 percent for men. The scales dip slightly further toward women when it comes to the RPG genre, with 53.6 percent of the market made up of women, while men represent 46.5 percent. In the FPS and MMO genres, however, 66 percent of players are men.

Senior analyst Stephanie Llamas wrote in a follow-up blog post that the growing popularity of "casual platforms" has helped reinforce the false assumption that women are primarily casual gamers. But the reality, says Llamas, is that half of female PC gamers in the US consider themselves either "mid-core or hardcore gamers."

"It is true that 58 percent of mobile gamers in the US are women. But it is also true that just over 50 percent of American PC gamers are women," she wrote. "In fact, women are the largest gaming demographic for PC role-playing games (54 percent) and they represent almost 40 percent of MMO and digital console gamers. So to say that women are just casual gamers is empirically false."

http://www.pcgamer.com/researchers-find-that-female-pc-gamers-outnumber-males/

Some minority, huh?!! Wow!!

I also asked for evidence supporting the notion that women were a gaming minority. Nobody's given any.

Toodles!

I did post it, unless you include phone, app games etc.

You on the other hand have not posted anything to support other wise and the article you posted clearly states they included those type games.

Look above.

Where were your facts/statistics? I saw that you said you saw women in your age group playing on their phones, but…that's not evidence. That's an anecdote.

And you know, that more women in your age group play on their phones is probably true. What are you...Baby Boomer? Silent Generation? In that age range, I will absolutely concede that we are the minority.

Aubrielle, you didn't even read the article you posted or if you did you didn't read it fully.

I do not have those the facts in question nor, planning on doing research on the topic.
I can leave it to you to find the facts to your claim though. That is if we are talking about the type of games the people here play.

Wait it wasn't that hard.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/sep/17/women-video-games-iab

http://blog.mobiversal.com/women-are-more-valuable-than-men-for-game-developers.html

hmmmmmmmmm

hmmmmmmmmm

I'm sorry...I'm reading them but they're very different articles. What was the point you were trying to make? That chicks play smartphone games? Okay.

I said that ignoring evidence, plugging your ears, and denying reality was a symptom of confirmation bias. I also asked for evidence supporting the notion that women were a gaming minority. Nobody's given any.

And you, Wisdom, are one of the more well-known reactionary misogynists on here, so it will be my great pleasure to put you on my ignore list where you belong, and I'll be rid of you.

Toodles!

Thanks for proving my point so successfully. Also if you think I'm a misogynist you clearly don't know the meaning of the word. What I detest is where gender issues are created where there need be none. I argue both sides. What I don't support is people trying to turn a conversation from one subject to the assumed idea that there is this massive secret agenda to keep minorities down.
You argue very emotionally and are subject to a lot of the same bias that you try and critique others with. I'm sorry you feel the need to block me for disagreeing with you.

It's kind of a tired trope of claiming that women only play smartphone games. Men play smartphone games too. People who own smartphones probably play Bejeweled and dumb cat games when they're sitting on a train or in a waiting room because, surprise! That's the beauty of a smartphone.

If you want to ignore statistics (as in PCGamer pointing out that women make up the majority of RPG players), that's your own deal. But don't expect your illogical argument to be taken seriously.

I think the more important point to consider is that the highest grossing AAA titles from the past few years happened to also include playable female main characters. Games like Dragon Age Inquisition, Skyrim, Fallout 4, Pillars of Eternity, etc etc all claimed record sales for their particular publisher. And they all included the option of playing as a woman. Whether you consider these games 'good' or not is complete opinion. People who enjoy RPGs enjoy having a choice over who they play as. If its impossible for someone to accept that some (if not half or more) of those gamers happen to be women, there's no amount of evidence and/or facts that's going to change their view.

I'm sorry…I'm reading them but they're very different articles. What was the point you were trying to make? That chicks play smartphone games? Okay.

My only point was to get you to call woman Chicks, something I would never do.

... is "winning" over this is so important to you, Aubrielle? You seem quite obsessed.

I hate the notion of "winning" arguments. Some people are naturally not very well spoken. Does it mean they are "incorrect" everytime they lose over an argument? I don't think so.

… is "winning" over this is so important to you, Aubrielle? You seem quite obsessed.

I hate the notion of "winning" arguments. Some people are naturally not very well spoken. Does it mean they are "incorrect" everytime they lose over an argument? I don't think so.

Facts are facts, Purple. These guys are trying to say that women don't actually make up a majority of gamers because the numbers are inflated…that a tiny minority of us have the capacity to enjoy an RPG because most women playing games are just playing silly Bejeweled crap on their phone.

Of course I'm bent on shoving these facts down everyone's throat. I'm tired of being told that women aren't and can't be serious gamers, and that women not being represented in games is because "so few women play rpgs so you don't matter". Bullshit!

The fact is that the world is changing, fast. A lot of more conservative people don't like to acknowledge that. But women as a gaming demographic are a force to be reckoned with, because we are a majority, and we're here to stay.

*mic drop*

I think the more important point to consider is that the highest grossing AAA titles from the past few years happened to also include playable female main characters. Games like Dragon Age Inquisition, Skyrim, Fallout 4, Pillars of Eternity, etc etc all claimed record sales for their particular publisher. And they all included the option of playing as a woman. Whether you consider these games 'good' or not is complete opinion. People who enjoy RPGs enjoy having a choice over who they play as. If its impossible for someone to accept that some (if not half or more) of those gamers happen to be women, there's no amount of evidence and/or facts that's going to change their view.

Hmm, pardon my ignorance, but wasn't the option to play as a female (both genders) for more "generic" protagonist available for the player for years? You can play as a female bhaalspawn etc in original BG, which was released in 1998? To be clear, what I meant was I wish there will be more games in future with female protagonist in story driven games with story revolving around "her". I think in "The Longest Journey" you get to play as a female protagonist only. Something like that, but more a RPG :)

Facts are facts, Purple. These guys are trying to say that women don't actually make up a majority of gamers because the numbers are inflated…that a tiny minority of us have the capacity to enjoy an RPG because most women playing games are just playing silly Bejeweled crap on their phone.

Of course I'm bent on shoving these facts down everyone's throat. I'm tired of being told that women aren't and can't be serious gamers, and that women not being represented in games is because "so few women play rpgs so you don't matter". Bullshit!

The fact is that the world is changing, fast. A lot of more conservative people don't like to acknowledge that. But women as a gaming demographic are a force to be reckoned with, because we are a majority, and we're here to stay.

*mic drop*

And there it is.....
Like I said on page one of this thread... it wasnt about gender. It was about choice. The gender issue was brought in by someone with a point to prove against an enemy that really doesnt exist here. All of you scary males are oppressive simply by existing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom