Witcher 4 Speculation - What to Expect

Aren't they the guys making Cyberpunk? If so, it will be a LONG time before a Witcher 4, considering Cyberpunk to this day doesn't even have a release date, and they seem to focus on one project at a time.

Aren't they the guys making Cyberpunk? If so, it will be a LONG time before a Witcher 4, considering Cyberpunk to this day doesn't even have a release date, and they seem to focus on one project at a time.
Yes but they also have a second RPG in the works for a 2020-22 release.

Part of what made The Witcher 3 great was the abundance of very interesting quests in addition to the main quests, and the abundance of interesting characters. I would be very interested in a game by the same developers within that same world but without necessarily all of the same characters, as long as it would be an RPG.

Good article but I would hope you could finally create your own character at least. As for playing as Ciri it would be impossible unless in cannon she became a Witcher.

In my play-through she always became the Empress as she deserved.
That's were I disagree as I actually liked how it was a semi-open world instead of fully open. Seems every game has to be the latter nowadays, or journalist complain.

Exactly! If I can’t name my character Bubba Mcwitchface then it isn’t worth playing.

It's called role playing. Whenever someone uses the incorrect in-game name, just yell "I'M WUBBA MCBITCHFACE!" at your screen. Problem solved.

That "definition" is false.
Products for players looking for an attitude are Steve Vai's albums.

Pure speculation but beats reading about another generic RPGmaker or stuck-in-development, years-long KS, so thanks for posting.

It would be nice if W4 let us explore other parts of the World. Bit tired of hearing about Nilfgaard et al. most of the Northern Kingdoms. Let's see how Kovir and Povis are doing, being rich from trade and progressive and all. Actually exploring Nilfgaard would be great - but only up to the point that exploration of its many conquered sub-kingdoms showed us relatively autonomous, unique locales. If it's all black and gold and culturally monotonous throughout, it'll be boring.

Let's see Zangvebar, Ofir, Hann, Barsa, etc…where Here There Still Be Monsters and Magic aplenty.

Let's get to make our own Witcher prodigee, a newly-fledged graduate of some still-thriving/surviving far-off School where Witchers are needed. That's the core of the gameplay.

It was quite clear to me that they would not end with Witcher 3, even if they said it was the last.. I don't even think its the last with Geralt, but I bet the next one will have obvious inspiration from Cyberpunk, where you create your own character.

Back
Top Bottom